Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Mysterious Numbers" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Los

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: "The Mysterious Numbers" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Los Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Mysterious Numbers" 10-31-2014
September 2014 Contest Submission Exploring the meaning of The Numbers and their significance to the Candidates. See YT for more info
Fandom: Lost
Song: Slow Motion Bloom by James Johnson
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 3:29 (20.4 MB WMV)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgeccANTRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgeccANTRo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: The Mysterious Numbers by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

OMG! I'm almost teary!!! That was so perfect!!! I had no idea that's what the numbers meant, but it makes total sense now. I LOVED how you showed what the numbers meant for each candidate!! You showed that perfectly. I really enjoyed this!!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jemma! I'm glad you enjoyed my vid. It was tricky figuring out how to best present what the numbers meant and also show how it connected to the candidate, so I'm glad you liked the way I did it.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: The Mysterious Numbers by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Oooh, that was so interesting! You did a brilliant job of explaining it, and I loved how it was all linked to their individual numbers and stories. Excellent!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, how powerful! I actually got major chills during the "23" part with the psalm and "the lord is my shepherd." HOW FITTING! I honestly never noticed that before, or any of this. Hurley's and Jack's seemed especially fitting but each number made sense for the character, and 108 wow. It was all so fitting and interesting. You can tell you put a lot of thought into this vid and it shows! The music was good, had kind of a spiritual feel to it which works for the mystical numbers. I also liked in the beginning how you showed the numbers in so many screenshots--it sets up how important they are for the show.

Great idea and very well executed!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Emma ! I tried to carefully pick explanations for the numbers that fit each character's storyline. I'm glad you liked how I explained the number's meanings.

Thanks Jen! The idea to do a Jack vid to Psalm 23 has been rattling around in my head for a few years now. This seemed the perfect chance to incorporate that idea. Glad you liked the Hurley section. I wasn't quite sure how best to show "luck" and "wealth" so I'm glad it came across well. Fun fact: In the scene where Hurley gives him mom the mansion, he's wearing a necklace with the Chinese character for wealth, like the character shown in my vid. I went back and forth whether I was going to do 108, but when I came across that meaning and it was so fitting to The End, I had to include it. Thanks, I appreciate that you saw I put a lot of thought into this. I did a lot of research to find the perfect meaning for each number. Glad you liked the music, it just felt like it had the right atmosphere for the numbers. Yay, happy to hear you liked the beginning. I knew it was a bit of a long intro, but I was hoping to show how the numbers are everywhere. I made some custom screencaps just to convey that even in the real world you can run across the numbers in unexpected places.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: The Mysterious Numbers by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was genius, Macaila! Such a fantastic idea. All the significance you found was so spot on. I loved it!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was great Macaila!! Such a fabulous idea, you picked so many scenes from the show I hadn't realized had the number on them, like the vaccine bottle Claire finds in Maternity Leave. And applying each of the numbers to a candidate was such a clever idea, especially with Jun together in life/together in death. Excellent work

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Julia! Glad you enjoyed my vid. I did a lot of research to find the perfect meaning for each character. I wanted to pick "real world" answers for each one so it would make sense as an answer as to why the writers would have chosen those specific numbers for the show.

Thank you, Kat! I was surprised how many scenes the numbers appeared in. I was more familiar with the use of the numbers in spoken lines than in visual elements, so it was fun finding scenes like the vaccine bottles where they appeared. Glad you liked the Jun section. That was the hardest one for me to compose a phrase for that summed up the meaning of their number. I knew I wanted something to speak to how they loved each other but were always separated and that the only way they were able to be together was in death. Finally that line just came to me and it seemed to sum up the idea perfectly.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: The Mysterious Numbers by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

This is simply amazing! I truly love how you did this. It re-ignites my love for LOST and how amazing it is.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nikki! That means a lot to me that my vid could re-ignite your love for Lost. Lost vids are still my favorites to make. I love when I can introduce the show to people or bring about a bit of nostalgia in Lost fans. I had a lot of fun making this vid. Doing the research for what the numbers meant took me back to when Lost was on and I used to research everything from the symbolism of the numbers to who was the basis for characters like John Locke. It was a bit of Lost nostalgia for me.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: