Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the show going downhill?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand*

I've been worried since the end of S1 that LOST'll turn into what Alias is now, a sad sad show that was once a masterpiece.

I'm hoping that things will pick up (SPOILER maybe:) since I've heard the next ep is gonig to be crazy.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
*raises hand*

Thank you, MG. *hands MG a candy bar*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand* Whew, THAT was a long one.

My only possible fear is that the writers won't adjust the show and change it from what it is now. I couldn't care if every one of the main characters died and some redshirts took their places, I'd still like it (in fact, I'd probably like it more... new mystery!) or they revealed all the secrets right away and the show became a completely different genre entirely. No more mystery, more "fighting the others" or something, I'd still love the show. But if they stay with this old theme of "mysterious characters" thing they have going which was already untrue by the first round of flashbacks, then they're gonna need some new characters, because there just isn't anything mystery left.

Would anyone here mind if the show told us the mystery and became more of a character-focused action/drama?

Anyway, I have faith in J.J. and the writers in here. They surprized me with revelations and excellent storylines in BtVS and Angel, and I'm sure they'll handle lost excellently too.

As for the initial question: lol The show isn't that different from last year's in terms of flashbacks (well, maybe not early last year when they were brand new, but the later ones...) none of them had any real revelance to the plot, and most weren't that great either. So it must be the actual episodes that are the problem, with their plot change. And whose fault is that? Ana Lucia's of course! nobody likes her!

So help me God, give me an Ana Lucia flashback soon.... a good one. something fresh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
OFFICE:
well UK Office only had 2 seasons so they'll soon run out of direct-copy material - but i don't think they've ran out yet, as i recall recent promos involving the fire alarm bit which is ripped from UK Office's season 2.

I dunno.. for me a big part of why I loved the UK Office so much was the originality. It was refreshing. They were doing their own thing, and doing it so well. US Office seems more manufactured to me. Ricky Gervis WAS David Brent whereas Steve Carel is just the same 'trying to hard too be funny' guy he was in Bruce Almighty and Anchorman. Maybe that kind of explains why watching the US Office makes me feel dirty.

Yeah I see what you mean. UK Office is so much better x1000 to the US.

Not every ep has been the same, like the recent Halloween ep. Unless you consider the Red Nose Day ep Halloween-ish.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Nose Day! hehe

the ep where Gareths friends came into the office and kept paying to kiss Dawn.
'Oggy' aka The Oggmonster and Jimmy the Perv

ahhh. great show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: