Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way to get rid of credits in clips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Any way to get rid of credits in clips? Reply with quote

This is a longshot because I see credits in a lot of vids, so I'm sure if there were an easy way to get rid of them, people would do it!

But I'm wondering if there's any way to get rid of the credits at the bottom of the screen that play during many, many clips of Lost. I have had to forego so many great clips because they happen to be during the never-ending credits on that show! Worst of all, the clip where Jack is reading to Aaron. Is there any way of getting rid of them, short of cutting off the bottom of the screen?

I know with Photoshop obviously you could remove them from a picture, but is there an equivalent process for video?

Just thought I'd see! I hate using ones with credits because I find it soooo distracting. Thanks!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not really any possible way to do it apart from cropping. You could try to blur out that part of the screen, but I'm not sure that would be much better. Or you could use cookie cutter to black out the credits but there's no real way to edit them out completely :\
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! I wish ABC would release those clips free of credits, just for us vidders. A girl can dream!

Thanks!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually crop it out. And if the scene is absolutely needed I grit my teeth and bare with it.

But sometimes what I'll personally do is (If the dialogue is what I want) I'll take another clip and use the dialogue with that clip and manipulate it the way I want.

Because I don't like subtitles in my clips or credits in my vids.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of related question. Is there any hope of removing background music from a clip? Sometimes the theme interferes with my song but I really like the dialogue. It is hard?'

Excuse my cluelnessless!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to have software to do that, and I don't think it's cheap.

Sometimes I turn down the volume of the clip (usually the dialogue is louder then the background music) or I turn up the music I'm using for the vid. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It really depends on the background song.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the scene is still you could overlay some background jungle pretty easily or something like that.. or mix it with another scene with cookie cutter. I did use to just crop it but it can mess with the look of the video in terms of video quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: