Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forever Lost- A fun survey for Lost's 10th Anniversary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Forever Lost- A fun survey for Lost's 10th Anniversary Reply with quote

In honor of it being 10 years since Lost's premiere I decided to put together a little survey incorporating Hurley's famous numbers.

1. What are your 4 favorite episodes?

2. Who are your top 8 characters?

3. What 15 moments defined Lost for you? (These are the moments that made you laugh, cry, left you in shock, etc.)

4. We all know why the opening scenes of the Pilot make a great scene so in 16 words pick a more obscure Lost scene and tell why it is the greatest moment on Lost ever. (I'm looking for scenes like Hurley and Charlie's golf dance. Or Kate and Sawyer playing in the waterfall. Something you might not expect to be a great Lost moment.)

5.If Lost returned today, where would the show pick up? In 23 words tell us where we find the show. Complete reboot- same story new people? Just where we left off, Hurley in charge and Ajira leaving? Years down the line? Etc

6.In 42 words tell about a character or storyline whose story you felt was left open or feeling incomplete (This includes characters who died earlier in the series.). In 42 words tell how you would resolve the storyline.

Note: I'm not actually going to do word counts on questions 4- 6...so just make it look like you wrote that many words. (Though I will be very impressed if you hit the word counts exactly. )

Have fun!

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is under spoiler tag you should do yours too Macaila.

Spoiler:

1. Not going to number them because I love them all.

- Walkabout
- The Constant
- Live Together, Die Alone
- The Man Behind the Curtain

Kinda weird as Sawyer is probably my favourite character but he was kinda shafted in getting a small number of episodes.

hon. mentions: Maternity Leave, Outlaws, Flashes before your Eyes, The Other 48 Days.

1. Sawyer
2. Locke
3. Desmond
4. Ben
5. Juliet
6. Hurley
7. Sayid
8. Mr. Eko

- Locke wiggling his toe at the end of Walkabout, combined with the reveal of the wheelchair in the flashback.

- The reveal of The Black Rock being a ship.

- Desmond being shown as the thing down the hatch in season 2 premiere with the Mama Cass tune playing. So iconic.

- Leaving on the raft at the end of Exodus with the uplifting music.

- Beardface Jack screaming "We have to go bacckkkk.." Just awesome.

- The book club opening of season 3 being revealed as the Others camp.

- Kate and Sawyer playing the drinking game in Outlaws.

- Jack searching for his dad in White Rabbit and finding the water supply.

- Arzt blowing up

- Desmond and Penny on the telephone in The Constant.

- Locke seeing the blast door map with the UV light in the hatch.

- Locke and Eko watching the orientation film.

- Charlie and Locke at the end of The Moth and then him just watching the moth flutter away.

- Them standing around the radio and Charlie's cool line "Where are we?"

- The guys (and dog) driving around in the Dharma van.

4. Okay this is going to be very obscure

The microwave in FBYE having the same sound as the countdown clock.

This is just one of many moments where they paid attention to the small details. I was so excited at the time that we were seeing Desmond in the past. It was a breakthrough for the show and I knew it wasn't a flashback because of these small details.

5. New people but with Hurley and Ben still on the island. They could be relatives of the previous cast.

6. I feel like Sun's baby has been completely shafted. When they decided to kill themselves basically it fell a bit flat with me because of this. I would resolve it by having her appear on the reboot and wanting to find more about them.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul,

Great answers! The Constant just narrowly missed my top 4 favorite episodes. I really like that you included honorable mention. I'll do that too. It's hard to pick just 4 episodes.

Desmond being in the hatch with Make Your Own Kind of Music has permanently linked that song to Lost for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to hear that without thinking of Desmond.

The "I Never" scene almost made my list too. I like the shift in that scene from a fun game between friends to where they grow very cold and almost trying to bring out the worst in each other. I also liked that it teased us with info about both characters.

Arzt blowing up. Good one, Hurley's line, "you've got some Arzt on you" really makes that scene. I was so disappointed they didn't revisit that line when Ilana blew up in season 6.

I like the "where are we " scene as well. I liked when the show asked the questions on the viewer's minds.

That's a great obscure scene choice. I liked how they carried through details like that through out the show. One of my favorite things about that beep the countdown clock did was that they got the sound from some store's check out. It was a clever way to keep Lost subconsciously in your mind even when you're just out at the store.

I agree the Ji Yeon storyline was disappointing. It didn't make much sense to me why Jin and Sun chose to leave their daughter an orphan, especially after they had tried so hard to have that baby. It was so depressing. That would have been great to see Ji Yeon grow up to explore more about her parents. I've always been interested in the idea of a "Lost- Next Generation" storyline.

I'll finish up my answers and try to post them tomorrow.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my answers :
Spoiler:

1.Favorite episodes:
Pilot (parts 1&2), What Kate Did , Flashes Before Your Eyes, Something Nice Back home (I liked getting to see what could have been for Jack and Kate).

Honorable Mentions: I Do, The Constant, Eggtown. and basically all of season one.

2.My Top 8 characters (in no particular order)
Vincent, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Hurley, Shannon, Desmond, Sayid

3.15 moments that define Lost for me:
-Desmond calls Penny on Christmas Eve.
-The entire Pilot opening sequence from Jack's eye opening through Kate sewing his back.
-"Because I love you" Jate scene (actually ties with Sawyer's "I love you too." scene.)
-Sawyer holds Kate while she cries after Libby died. (This was one of the scenes that showed that beneath his tough exterior Sawyer really had a heart. It made me a Skate fan.)
-Jack gives Kate guava seeds.
-Kate finally sees her black horse on the island. (We never did know what that horse was. Was it real or an MIB manifestation and why did it help her escape back in Iowa? It was a nice moment when Sawyer proved she wasn't crazy and Kate was able to let go of that part of her past.)
-Charlie gives Claire invisible peanut butter. (Just such a sweet, innocent scene.)
-Shannon sings La Mer/ Kate alone with her toy plane. (Maggie has a lovely voice and the song was a great fit to that sequence.)
- Kate says goodbye to Aaron. (I don't cry that much at some of the character deaths, but this scene still makes me tear up.)
- Hurley and Charlie's golf dance. (This ties with Hurley singing I feel good and "dancing" with Charlie.Hurley and Charlie were Lost's great comic duo.)
-Hurley, Charlie, Sawyer, Jin and Vincent go for a joyride in Dharma van.
- Reveal that Aaron is being raised by Kate.
-Sawyer's new glasses. (It was fun to see Jack turn the tables on Sawyer and get to have some fun at Sawyer's expense for once.)
- Kate recites Jack's sewing story.
- Hurley shares food with the whole camp. (I especially like when Charlie gives Claire real PB and we see Aaron smiling, and when Jack and Kate share a meal.)

Just missing the cut: Sawyer sees Aaron born during a time flash, Jate first kiss, scene from The End where Aaron is born and Kate and Claire then Charlie and Claire remember each other, Skate play in the waterfall, I Never, Hurley helps Richard sees Isabella , Vincent tells Jack he can "let go". Penny and Desmond reunited on her boat. Charlie's greatest hits-the night he met Claire.

Kate reciting Jack's sewing story:

Emotional. Lots of subtext about inner-strength, overcoming obstacles and fear. Counting to 5,really neat idea.

It would be about the kids as they are drawn back to the island where Walt is now "the new man in charge".

Vincent.
He was last seen by Jack's side, yet he did not appear in Sideways. Vincent lives forever on the island, eventually reunited with Walt. He acts as a spirit guide to those who come to the island. We finally see Vincent's Flashbacks.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the pilot episodes are great. The reason didn't pick either of them is because they never fully sucked me into the show. It wasn't until Walkabout where I was totally obsessed.

Season 1 is and will always be my favourite season. There are just so many epic moments littered throughout.

Quote:
-Charlie gives Claire invisible peanut butter. (Just such a sweet, innocent scene.)

I love this scene so much. Dunno why lol

Love all the characters. I was a big Kate fan at the start but she kept bothering me after season 1. Boone and Michael are probably my worst characters but on other shows they would probably be my favourites so there you go.

I love that you had the quieter moments as many of your iconic scenes. Those were great too. Remember those montages they used to do at the end of episodes? Great I am itching to watch Lost now

Quote:
It would be about the kids as they are drawn back to the island where Walt is now "the new man in charge".

I totally forgot about that extra they did lol Not to be mean but don't think MDK is the best actor. Not sure if he could pull off such an important role. Hurley and Ben would be great though.

Your love of Vincent is pretty adorable. The only problem with him is his shapeshifting throughout the years because they had to keep casting new dogs. It was pretty noticeable in the final scene when he looked much younger and almost puppy like.

If they did a reboot I could totally see them having Vincent as a spirit on the island or somehow still alive and running about.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun idea! I guess I'll do spoiler tags too.

Spoiler:

1. Exodus, The Constant, Confidence Man, The End

2. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Juliet, Charlie, Boone, Ben (in a love-hate way), Locke

3. This is too hard but I'll try just off the top of my head, in no order:
- Sawyer telling Jack what Christian said in the Sydney bar
- When we realize Kate is the fugitive
- Charlie's death still guts me to think about it
- Desmond and Penny's reunion on the boat
- Jack pulling Kate to him in the cockpit in the PIlot, that was the moment I became a Jater
- When we realize the letter was written BY Sawyer, not to him (first moment I felt for him)
- Juliet's death, that haunted me for years--so awful and pointless, and the way Sawyer just sobs and loses it after she falls—this includes the white flash at the end
- Seeing Locke in the wheelchair in Walkabout, then seeing him wiggle his toe after the crash..getting chills just thinking of it now
- Ethan showing up and saying “hello there” to Charlie and Claire, omg!
- Desmond and Penny’s phone call in The Constant
- Jack bringing Charlie “back to life” in All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
- First hearing the monster and then seeing it kill the pilot in The Pilot. I was like holy crap!
- Seeing Kate come into focus in the s3 finale, and realizing that they somehow made it off the island
- The Jate kiss in 2x09 What Kate Did, only because the other Jaters on Lost-Forum and I were spoiled for it and we spent HOURS analyzing how it would be and what would cause it, etc. It was epic! It was a real highlight in the fandom for me.
- Pretty much the entire episode of The End, but especially the “flashes” everyone had where they remembered, and the entire church montage at the end, especially Jack and Locke and then Jack and Christian. And of course Jack’s death, with Vincent beside him—that eye closing ah…

4. Honestly, I think the church scene was the most important in all of Lost, aside from the Pilot. I know people are divided on it but I loved the finale…and to me, the church montage sums up the entire show—in the end, it didn’t really matter what the numbers meant or how the statue got there, it was all about these incredibly real people who loved each other and somehow made it through an intense experience. “This is a place that you... that you all made together so that you could find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with these people on that island. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you.” To see Jack and Sawyer finally make peace, the understanding between Jack and Locke, and of course the reunion of all the ships after years and years apart…to me, that’s Lost in a nutshell. It was the most rewarding finale I’ve ever seen because it honored what we felt for those characters and what they felt for each other.

5. I’d never want it to return because like I said above, the finale was the perfect closure for me. BUT I’d love to see what happened off-island with Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Richard, Frank, and Miles. Was Kate indeed pregnant like we Jaters theorized, and did Sawyer help her raise the baby? How were Claire and Aaron together? How did Richard take to aging? I’d love to see it all. I’d totally watch a reboot where Sawyer and Kate raise Kate and Jack’s baby because they’ve both lost their significant other. Sounds like a great fanfic. 

6. I feel like Juliet got such a raw deal. I’d like to see her reunite with her sister and nephew, and to live a happy life with Sawyer. I wish they had at least had a child together! Juliet just experienced so much pain, I’d like to have seen her get off the island—even if she ultimately went back for some reason, I wanted her to have that reunion with her sister and meet her nephew. I’d also like more resolution to Jack and Juliet. I just did my first vid on them and there was so much there! I feel like the writers kind of dropped it in s4.

I know these answers are way over the word limit but I can’t help it, Lost is too emotional for me to be concise!

[/spoiler]
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My actual answers are in the post above this one,but I had to respond to you guys, too!

Polarbear wrote:

- Leaving on the raft at the end of Exodus with the uplifting music.

- The book club opening of season 3 being revealed as the Others camp.

I almost put the same Exodus scene on my list...that was one of those moments where you truly felt like you were one of the survivors, and they were a family...you were really rooting for them!

The book club thing reminds me of a moment I should have put on my list--actually, two. Seeing Oceanic 815 crash from Juliet's perspective and then in The Other 48 Days, seeing the tail section crash into the previously peaceful ocean. WOW.

I remember you as a skater from LF! I, too, loved the "I never" scene in Outlaws. In fact, all of s1 Skate is epic (and I"m a Jater).

Polarbear wrote:

6. I feel like Sun's baby has been completely shafted. When they decided to kill themselves basically it fell a bit flat with me because of this. I would resolve it by having her appear on the reboot and wanting to find more about them.

ME TOO. I never understood how people loved that scene (in a sad way) because I was furious at Jin for staying there. They have a little child at home, and he decides to orphan her because he doesn't want to "leave" his wife? They don't even MENTION their kid! And after they went through all that just to have her--Jin's infertility and then Sun's danger on the island. Not to mention, she's being raised by Sun's mom I guess, but also I assume by Sun's dad. Um hello, the dad that basically tried to make Jin a hitman and had Sun's lover killed without blinking an eye? Real nice guardian for your kid, Sun! Ugh.

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Here are my answers :
1.Favorite episodes:
Pilot (parts 1&2), What Kate Did , Flashes Before Your Eyes, Something Nice Back home (I liked getting to see what could have been for Jack and Kate).
Honorable Mentions: I Do, The Constant, Eggtown. and basically all of season one.

Okay, we're like twins! I almost put each of those episodes in my list, except Eggtown (but Kate's trial was cool and the "Aaron" shocker at teh end blew my mind). I loved SNBH but ultimately it made me sad because their happiness was so short-lived, and I was mad at Jack for ruining it (and at Kate for not just telling him about Clementine). But GREAT episode and I will always cherish it!

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

2.My Top 8 characters (in no particular order)
Vincent, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Hurley, Shannon, Desmond, Sayid

Ah I totally forgot about Desmond. I was so focused on the originals that I forgot him! I, too, love him.

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

-"Because I love you" Jate scene (actually ties with Sawyer's "I love you too." scene.)
- Kate says goodbye to Aaron. (I don't cry that much at some of the character deaths, but this scene still makes me tear up.)
-Sawyer's new glasses. (It was fun to see Jack turn the tables on Sawyer and get to have some fun at Sawyer's expense for once.)
- Kate recites Jack's sewing story.

WOW these are all so good. I almost went back and edited my list but I figured that'd be cheating. WHATEVER HAPPENED HAPPENED, right? When Kate said goodbye to Aaron, I seriously lost it. I agree, I cried more at that than many of the supposedly "sad" scenes (I didn't shed a tear when Ana Lucia, Libby, or Sun and Jin died). The emotion is just so real when she says "Bye, bye baby." It's the most selfless thing (in a way) that Kate has ever done.

I almost added the walkie talkie and "BILY" scenes, too, but was trying to remember the non-Jate moments I loved (or else I could think of 100 just Jate moments haha). I, too, loved the guava seeds! "What's a garden without guava?" But the walkie talkie...wow. I was so bummed after Kate slept with Sawyer that ep ,but that one scene brought Jate crashing back...even Sawyer and Juliet see it as they listen to Kate retell the story. It's epic, and then the cliffhanger "Kate, damnit, run!"

Sawyer's glasses lol!!!!! "Looks like someone steamrolled Harry Potter" omg. That was great. Also that ep led to a great little Jate moment. "I didn't do it for him."

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

Kate reciting Jack's sewing story:
Emotional. Lots of subtext about inner-strength, overcoming obstacles and fear. Counting to 5,really neat idea.

Good point. Even aside from shippiness, it's a great scene and really illustrates Jack's character and the influence the survivors have on each other.

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

I’d definitely watch that!! I remember there were shippers of Ji Yeon and Aaron back in the day, haha.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I remember you as a skater from LF! I, too, loved the "I never" scene in Outlaws. In fact, all of s1 Skate is epic (and I"m a Jater).

Oh hey Appreciate that you both are Jaters but like Skate scenes. It can get a bit tribal in the fandom I would have put more Skate scenes but there are so many epic moments that came to my mind first. Loved when Sawyer and Kate had sex in the cages That was like SNBH for Skaters.

Sawyer: "'You taste like strawberries." Kate: "You taste like fishbiscuits."

Quote:
Charlie's death still guts me to think about it

Oh yeah. That is a such a great iconic moment with everything leading up to it aswell.

Quote:
Ethan showing up and saying “hello there” to Charlie and Claire, omg!
I loved all the storylines with Ethan. He was so creepy! He was like a Ben prototype.

Quote:
Jack bringing Charlie “back to life” in All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues

Oh yeah that was fantastic. The way they did the cliche pan back to confirm Charlie's death and then Jack started up again.

Quote:
I’d never want it to return because like I said above, the finale was the perfect closure for me. BUT I’d love to see what happened off-island with Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Richard, Frank, and Miles. Was Kate indeed pregnant like we Jaters theorized, and did Sawyer help her raise the baby? How were Claire and Aaron together? How did Richard take to aging? I’d love to see it all. I’d totally watch a reboot where Sawyer and Kate raise Kate and Jack’s baby because they’ve both lost their significant other. Sounds like a great fanfic.

This intrigues me too. I do find it unbelievable that neither Sawyer, Kate or Claire found another person to love and have a family with over the rest of their lifetime. Who knows maybe they were killed soon after? lol

Quote:
I’d also like more resolution to Jack and Juliet. I just did my first vid on them and there was so much there! I feel like the writers kind of dropped it in s4.

I loved Jack and Juliet back in the day. Shame they never went there :/ They have the best ship name in Jacket.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Oh hey Appreciate that you both are Jaters but like Skate scenes. It can get a bit tribal in the fandom I would have put more Skate scenes but there are so many epic moments that came to my mind first. Loved when Sawyer and Kate had sex in the cages That was like SNBH for Skaters.

Oh yeah I can definitely appreciate Skate, especially early Skate. I kind of shipped them in a way during s1-2, just in the meantime until Jate got together hahaa. But I did like their dynamic. I'll always be grateful to Skate because it was in those boards that I met one of my still-best friends, Dariana--"Toxic" was her name on LF, remember her? I was "Scarlett" and was all over the ship and character forums (and was a fanfic/vid mod for a while) Aw, the good old days!

Quote:

This intrigues me too. I do find it unbelievable that neither Sawyer, Kate or Claire found another person to love and have a family with over the rest of their lifetime. Who knows maybe they were killed soon after? lol

Well I don't think Kate was killed soon after, because in The End, when she was trying to get Jack to remember, she said "I missed you SO much." Which leads me to believe she had a long life and missed him throughout all of it. I'm sure that she, Sawyer, and Claire found companionship and such but nothing on the level of the love they found on the island. I wouldn't mind if Sawyer and Kate had lived out their days together, because who else could understand all they had been through? Idk about Claire...she was so messed up at that point. Honestly, I never forgave Claire for totally abandoning Charlie in s2. He did so much for her and she threw him aside when she had the first doubt about him and the heroin. Plus, she was super whiny most of the time and then SHE left AARON in the middle of the woods when "Christian" came to her, and yet she acted like Kate stole him out from under her! I know it was MIB and he lured her to him, but still..she had no right to be mad at Kate and in fact should have been grateful that Aaron got off the island and had a normal childhood. But anyway. OT!

It's so fun to relive all this. I've just watched s1-5 and am going to start 6 soon. The more I watch Lost, the more I appreciate it.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I remember her. There were a lot of good people on LF. Sorry my memory is the crappiest. It was my first point of contact for the fandom. The mods seemed to get a bit fascist by the end if I remember rightly

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if Sawyer and Kate had lived out their days together, because who else could understand all they had been through?

I would like to think that they all remained friends at least anyway. They surely need people to chat to about all this wacky stuff they have been through and who else would believe them?

Quote:
t's so fun to relive all this. I've just watched s1-5 and am going to start 6 soon. The more I watch Lost, the more I appreciate it.

I actually have never rewatched Season 6 all this time. Well I watched the commentaries on the bluray but that's it. Gonna rewatch the whole thing at some point
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
Oh the pilot episodes are great. The reason didn't pick either of them is because they never fully sucked me into the show. It wasn't until Walkabout where I was totally obsessed.

The Pilot didn't win me over to start with either. I didn't like all the blood like with the guy stuck under the plane and the pilot being pulled out of the plane. I was really skeptical about the "monster in the jungle" storyline too. I was afraid it was going to be aliens or dinosaurs or some weird Island of Dr. Moreau thing. It was only later in the series after seeing the Pilot again that it became a favorite. It's primarily a favorite now because there are so many little things that they hinted at in those first 2 hours that later became important in the series. Tabula Rasa was the episode that won me over. It's funny because it's probably one of my least favorite Kate episodes, but it showed me that Lost was about more than survival and weird things in the jungle. It was neat seeing some of the biggest mysteries were about the character's pasts. Kate's story interested me and I was hooked on the show, ready to learn more about each person.

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
Season 1 is and will always be my favourite season. There are just so many epic moments littered throughout.

I feel like a lot of things were foreshadowed in season 1 that became important in later seasons. I still come across moments in season one and go "Oh, I get that line now." or "This is what that scene was hinting to."

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
I love that you had the quieter moments as many of your iconic scenes. Those were great too. Remember those montages they used to do at the end of episodes? Great I am itching to watch Lost now

What I liked about the quiet moments is that I can watch them over and over and they always feel the same where some of the more "epic" moments I loved in the moment but they lost something upon repeated viewings. The excitement of would they make it out of a situation or what happens next wasn't there anymore because I knew what happened next.
I missed those montages in the later seasons. Those were always some of my favorite parts of the episodes. I'm going to have to go through and watch the whole series over again. I haven't watched all the way through since 2011 or 2012.

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
I totally forgot about that extra they did lol Not to be mean but don't think MDK is the best actor. Not sure if he could pull off such an important role. Hurley and Ben would be great though.

That's what I like about the "next generation" storyline is they can completely re-cast the kids. I know Malcom's all grown up now but he wouldn't have to play Walt. It also gives them the freedom to work around any original cast members who would not return to do another TV series. I think Jorge would do it, but if he didn't they could just start after Walt's already taken over. I just always think it would be a neat way to work with characters we are familiar with but don't really know. We left Aaron, Ji Yeon and Charlie Hume as about 3 year olds, it would be interesting to meet them again in 20 years.

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
Your love of Vincent is pretty adorable. The only problem with him is his shapeshifting throughout the years because they had to keep casting new dogs. It was pretty noticeable in the final scene when he looked much younger and almost puppy like.

I love dogs so Vincent stole my heart right away. I agree, I wish they would have recast dogs that looked more like Madison. She made the best Vincent, the other dog, as good as he was, just didn't quite have it.

Polarbear wrote
Quote:
If they did a reboot I could totally see them having Vincent as a spirit on the island or somehow still alive and running about.

I think considering they kept their promise to not kill off Vincent in the series they wouldn't be able to get away with doing it in the reboot. I think that dog is a part of the island, almost the Richard Alpert of the dog community. My other theory was that he was like Argos in The Odyssey. He waited for Odysseus to return home before he passed away. ( I think I know far too much about dogs in literature and pop culture. ) But I'd really rather that Vincent is one of the island's mysteries as the never aging dog.

Scarlett_106 wrote:
Quote:
Sawyer telling Jack what Christian said in the Sydney bar

That was a great scene. I liked that Sawyer made an effort to give Jack some peace of mind and comfort over his dad's death.

Scarlett_106 wrote:
Quote:
Jack pulling Kate to him in the cockpit in the PIlot, that was the moment I became a Jater

I forgot about that moment. That's a very underappreciated Jate scene but it's such a great moment. The scene where Jack and Kate meet and she sews his back was the scene that made me a Jater.

Scarlett_106 wrote
Quote:
- Jack bringing Charlie “back to life” in All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues

That was such an emotional scene. That really showcased Jack's determination to fix everything. I liked how even with Kate pleads with him to stop, he won't give up and pounded on Charlie's chest until he took a breath.

Scarlett_106 wrote
Quote:
“This is a place that you... that you all made together so that you could find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with these people on that island. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you.”

I really like that quote from the finale. I especially liked the first part about this is a place you all made so that you could find one another because it sums up the fan experience too.
I still have mixed feelings about the finale. I would have liked to have had a few more answers about what became of those who left the island. It was just sort of a surreal finale in that we got the definitive ending since they were all dead, but we're missing a chunk out of the middle as to how they all got to the sideways world. There are parts of the finale I love and parts that didn't leave me satisfied. I think it'll always be a finale I have mixed feelings about.

Scarlett_106
Quote:
I’d never want it to return because like I said above, the finale was the perfect closure for me. BUT I’d love to see what happened off-island with Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Richard, Frank, and Miles. Was Kate indeed pregnant like we Jaters theorized, and did Sawyer help her raise the baby? How were Claire and Aaron together? How did Richard take to aging? I’d love to see it all. I’d totally watch a reboot where Sawyer and Kate raise Kate and Jack’s baby because they’ve both lost their significant other. Sounds like a great fanfic.

Funny you should say that would make a good fanfic. I have been writing a 3 book fanfic for four years incorporating most of things you mentioned .It addresses the Jate baby theory, how Claire was as a mom to Aaron, Richard's aging, and the future of Sawyer and Kate is also a big part of it.

Scarlett_106 wrote:
Quote:
Okay, we're like twins! I almost put each of those episodes in my list, except Eggtown (but Kate's trial was cool and the "Aaron" shocker at teh end blew my mind). I loved SNBH but ultimately it made me sad because their happiness was so short-lived, and I was mad at Jack for ruining it (and at Kate for not just telling him about Clementine). But GREAT episode and I will always cherish it!

Eggtown makes my list because I always read spoilers for Lost but for this episode I avoided all of them. I wanted to be truly surprised by the reveals in the episode. I had Stacy (Fishbiscuits42) send me teasers for the episode, so I had vague ideas of what was going to happen. But the Aaron reveal was truly surprising to me, because I expected it to be Sawyer and Kate's kid.

SNBH is kind of a sad episode, especially after you see where the series ends with Jack and Kate never getting that happy ending in life. I never understood why Kate lied about Clementine, especially since Jack was in the helicopter watching as Sawyer whispered to her to find Clementine. It wasn't that big of a secret. That is such a sad scene when Jack sort of melts down. When Aaron comes into the room and Jack leaves Kate crying as she holds him is, I think one of the most emotional scenes on the show outside of charcter deaths.

Scarlett_106 wrote:
Quote:
When Kate said goodbye to Aaron, I seriously lost it. I agree, I cried more at that than many of the supposedly "sad" scenes (I didn't shed a tear when Ana Lucia, Libby, or Sun and Jin died). The emotion is just so real when she says "Bye, bye baby." It's the most selfless thing (in a way) that Kate has ever done.

That's the part that gets to me is when she says "bye bye baby". What I loved about that scene was that for all the years of does she love Jack or Sawyer more, when you see her say goodbye to Aaron you realize Aaron was in a way her true love. She loved that little boy as her son more than she ever did or would love Jack or Sawyer. Raising Aaron, I think Kate really found true and unconditional love.

Scarlett_106 wrote:
Quote:
I, too, loved the guava seeds! "What's a garden without guava?"

That is probably the most quoted Lost line in my household. I don't understand what that line means exactly, but it's a great scene and a great line.

Scarlett_106 wrote
Quote:
But the walkie talkie...wow. I was so bummed after Kate slept with Sawyer that ep ,but that one scene brought Jate crashing back...even Sawyer and Juliet see it as they listen to Kate retell the story. It's epic, and then the cliffhanger "Kate, damnit, run!"

I had felt like since Jack told Kate that story in the pilot that it was important and to see it come back in the third season was very rewarding. I just really liked how while on one hand Jack was checking that Kate could leave safely, he was also giving her a pep talk. By having her recite the story he was able to tell her to be strong and not let the fear of leaving him behind get in the way. I also really like Jack's count to 5 thing. That's just a really neat idea to adopt into real life.

Scarlett_106 wrote
Quote:
I’d definitely watch that!! I remember there were shippers of Ji Yeon and Aaron back in the day, haha.

I would have liked to have seen them meet. There was a scene or two where Sun or Kate would mention the kids meeting someday so I think that was meant as a hint that it would have happened eventually.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double posting because my response got wordy and it wouldn't post as one message. I guess I talked too much.

Polarbear wrote:
Quote:
Sawyer: "'You taste like strawberries." Kate: "You taste like fishbiscuits."

How did I forget that scene in my favorite scenes list? That's the Skate version of "what's a garden without guava" That's one of my favorite Skate moments. I also like from 301 where Sawyer tried to cheer Kate up after she was brought to the cages by telling her "nice dress" and then giving her a fish biscuit. That was a very selfless moment for Sawyer. I like the kiss on the runway too. I liked that Sawyer didn't care that Pickett was going to beat him, he knew they were breaking Kate down and they both needed that moment.

Scarlett_106 wrote
Quote:
Well I don't think Kate was killed soon after, because in The End, when she was trying to get Jack to remember, she said "I missed you SO much." Which leads me to believe she had a long life and missed him throughout all of it.

I always wished they had shown what happened to Ajira and if those 6 who left had any kind of happy ending. That's a excellent point about Kate's line. I would have liked to see Kate and Sawyer eventually get together again and have a happy life. I agree with you about Claire. I wish Kate would have kept Aaron. I never understood how Christian lured Claire away because she didn't like her dad. Why would she abandon her son to go with a man she didn't like?

I always thought this piece from Raised by Another was important:
MALKIN: I found a couple in Los Angeles who are very eager to adopt. The baby will be safe in their care. Now, I've foreseen...

MALKIN: 12,000. The other 6 when you arrive in Los Angeles. And they're not strangers, Claire. They're good people.

When you think about it Aaron was raised for a time by Jack and Kate who were a couple in Los Angeles. Aaron was safe with them, they were good people and like Malkin said, they were not strangers to Claire. I've always thought that Jack and Kate were the people Malkin saw Claire giving her baby too. I think he did know the plane would crash and that Claire would meet them.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

I always wished they had shown what happened to Ajira and if those 6 who left had any kind of happy ending. That's a excellent point about Kate's line. I would have liked to see Kate and Sawyer eventually get together again and have a happy life. I agree with you about Claire. I wish Kate would have kept Aaron. I never understood how Christian lured Claire away because she didn't like her dad. Why would she abandon her son to go with a man she didn't like?

MALKIN: I found a couple in Los Angeles who are very eager to adopt. The baby will be safe in their care. Now, I've foreseen...

MALKIN: 12,000. The other 6 when you arrive in Los Angeles. And they're not strangers, Claire. They're good people.

When you think about it Aaron was raised for a time by Jack and Kate who were a couple in Los Angeles. Aaron was safe with them, they were good people and like Malkin said, they were not strangers to Claire. I've always thought that Jack and Kate were the people Malkin saw Claire giving her baby too. I think he did know the plane would crash and that Claire would meet them.

Macaila

Wow that just blew my mind. I have NEVER thought of that! I thought that it was "wrong" for Jack and Kate to be raising the baby because of the whole "raised by another" thing, but I never even remembered that line about the couple. That's a really cool idea! Btw, I feel so awful for Kate--not only does she leave the love of her life on the island, but then days later, she gets back (we hope) and basically gives up her son, too, to a crazy woman. It's kind of unfair. But alas, I guess they all had tragedy.

I'm surprised you guys weren't hooked by the pilot. To me, I was like "holy CRAP" when I watched it. Jate hooked me right away, as did the various attractive people on the show. But really is was the sheer shock and terror I experienced several times--the adrenaline rush of the entire crash sequence, the noises of the monster and the way branches were pushed out of the way by it, the poor pilot getting ripped out of the cockpit, all the character mysteries that were set up like Charlie being in the cockpit bathroom, someone being a prisoner, and of course the bone-chilling moment of "Guys, where are we?" I was hooked instantly and never looked back. But it wasn't until the character episodes (starting with Tabula of course) that I REALLY got into it. It was such a cool idea to show each person's flashbacks!

Also, I didn't watch s1 live. My friend loaned me his s1 DVDs and said I had to watch it (I was a senior in college) and I sat down and watched the Pilot and ended up watching the whole season in 3 days. I even skipped one of the first days of class to watch Lost! I had to finish before s2 premiered! So maybe it was a different experience for me to watch the Pilot because I went right into TR and Walkabout, etc.

At any rate, I'm SO glad I didn't have to wait all summer for the reveal about what was in the hatch. OMG. In fact--

I was making clips of s1 the other night (I just have s1 and s5 ,and of course s6 left---hmm, that's actually a lot lol) and I saw the ending of Exodus Part 2. I forgot to add that to my list--in fact, I think that was THE definitive moment of Lost for me at least in s1, I don't know how I forgot it. The Oceanic 815 theme (Life and Death), the slow-mo of everyone boarding the plane, Boone giving Shannon the inhaler, Jack and Locke nodding at each other, Kate in handcuffs....and then that leading to the hatch door exploding and Jack and Locke running up, looking at each other, and peering into the hole...holy crap, I'm getting chills just remembering it. Mind-blowing! The suspense and also the heart--pretty much what Lost is all about.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:
Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:

Macaila

Wow that just blew my mind. I have NEVER thought of that! I thought that it was "wrong" for Jack and Kate to be raising the baby because of the whole "raised by another" thing, but I never even remembered that line about the couple. That's a really cool idea! Btw, I feel so awful for Kate--not only does she leave the love of her life on the island, but then days later, she gets back (we hope) and basically gives up her son, too, to a crazy woman. It's kind of unfair. But alas, I guess they all had tragedy.

I'm surprised you guys weren't hooked by the pilot. To me, I was like "holy CRAP" when I watched it. Jate hooked me right away, as did the various attractive people on the show. But really is was the sheer shock and terror I experienced several times--the adrenaline rush of the entire crash sequence, the noises of the monster and the way branches were pushed out of the way by it, the poor pilot getting ripped out of the cockpit, all the character mysteries that were set up like Charlie being in the cockpit bathroom, someone being a prisoner, and of course the bone-chilling moment of "Guys, where are we?" I was hooked instantly and never looked back. But it wasn't until the character episodes (starting with Tabula of course) that I REALLY got into it. It was such a cool idea to show each person's flashbacks!

I never thought of that either. But see I was always indifferent to it. They couldn't just leave a helpless child in the woods. They didn't know where Claire went or if she was coming back.

Scarlet I was completely blown away by the pilot. Like you I didn't get into the show until later on. I watched the Pilot on DVD at 2 AM in the morning. I was like "I'll watch this while I try to sleep." Yeah. I watched 2 episodes and stayed up until about 5 in the morning because I couldn't stop, I was that hooked.

Here is mine

My favorite episode is the Pilot because it's the moment I knew I found THAT show. 2 Favorite would have to be The Constant, there was just something so intriguing and jaw dropping about that episode. White Rabbit; it's just the moment you realize that Jack's just a survivor on a plane like everyone else. What Kate Did, I love Kate's flashbacks they were probably the most interesting flashbacks. All the small things they included, like the horse and that scene with the horse is one of my favorite Kate scenes. I Do for obvious reasons. Hehe. It's a episode that says so much without using many words. And not many shows can pull that off as well as Lost did.

Characters

Jack is my favorite character I loved that he was a man forced to be the 'hero' a man who was a hero without truly understanding it. I thought Fox did a great job with his transformation .

Kate I love strong female characters; there are things I didn't agree with but overall she was a great character. Strong and independent.

Ben Linus- He was one of the most interesting characters on Lost. A man who we never knew if hew as good or evil and there was gong to be some of us who saw him differently. Not many characters can enrage some and evoke sympathy from others.

Ethan. I picked Ethan because Claire's flashbacks of him always intrigued me. From the flashbacks it really seems that he was acting out of character with how aggressive he was. I would have loved t o have known more about his back-story.

Vincent: I'm so relieved that the dog made it in the end. That dog is just awesome; and just the ending with him staying there with Jack showed what kind of a loyal dog Vincent was to them.

Juliet: One of those rare characters that you feel obligated to hate and then all of a sudden Lost does that magic thing were you realize that not everything is as it seems and you realize that she's just like the survivors we are rooting for.

Jin: His transformation from angry man to likeable guy was amazing. I never thought I would find myself liking him and when he and Sun died; my heart broke.

Sun: A woman filled with so many surprises. She was a great character through every episode.

15 moments

1. The introduction of the smoke monster in the pilot when Jack, Kate, and Charlie are going back to the plane.

2. The comic relief. It was humorous and did a great job of getting people out of t he dramatic funk.

3. Jack and Kate's first meeting

4. Jacks' speech. "If we can't live together we're going to die alone."

5. The entire sequence of jack searching for Christian's body and finding the empty coffin.

6. Jack and Kate's moment in "I Do".

7. Kate telling the story Jack told her when they first met to Jack in "I Do".

8. The season 2 episode Collision reunion

9. The flashbacks; and how they intertwine with the stories on the Island.

10. The birth of Aaron.

11. Charlie hangs around (The music and the scene)

12. Kate calling Sawyer "Southern Pervert", always makes me laugh.

13. The reunion of all the couples in the finale

14. "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" scene between Jack and Locke

15. The opening sequence of the pilot

4. We all know why the opening scenes of the Pilot make a great scene so in 16 words pick a more obscure Lost scene and tell why it is the greatest moment on Lost ever. (I'm looking for scenes like Hurley and Charlie's golf dance. Or Kate and Sawyer playing in the waterfall. Something you might not expect to be a great Lost moment.)

My greatest Lost moment in 16 words. Yikes. But here it is. Michael and Jack arguing about Jack's golf shot. A scene that makes you think the worst, comic relief.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:

6. Jack and Kate's moment in "I Do".

7. Kate telling the story Jack told her when they first met to Jack in "I Do".

By #6 do you mean the glass scene in the shark tank? I LOVE the way they look at each other in those first few seconds! And how they both reach out and touch the glass!

And the walkie talkie scene...omg. It kills me. The way she completely breaks down, and Sawyer and Juliet see it, too. Sawyer looks so hurt because he realizes she still loves Jack. And as Micaela said, the whole "counting to 5" thing has so much deeper meaning. But ah as a Jater, that scene was like balm to my heart--here Kate had just slept with Sawyer and was leaving Jack, and I was so disheartened--that scene brought back my faith full-force. I think it was actually in 1x07 Not in Portland , though (I could be wrong) because I Do ended with "Kate, damnit, run!" and then Not in Portland was next. But I still think of it as being part of I Do, too, because it was like 20 minutes after I Do in the timeline. Ah!

Quote:
My greatest Lost moment in 16 words. Yikes. But here it is. Michael and Jack arguing about Jack's golf shot. A scene that makes you think the worst, comic relief.

I always loved that, too! I just made a clip of that ep (I clipped those golf scenes because of the adorable look Jack and Kate give each other during one, Charlie and Hurley's dance, Sawyer showing up and joining the group, Shoone's banter...ah so many good moments) and I chucked at that. The camera pans out and we realize they're talking about Jack's golf shot. As you said, excellent use of comic relief! That whole ep was great comic relief and I loved Hurley's speech about why he built the golf course:

Dudes, listen. Our lives suck. Everyone's nerves are stretched to the max. I mean, we're lost on an Island, running from boars and monsters -- freakin' polar bears! Look, all I'm saying is, if we're stuck here, then just surviving's not going to cut it. We need some kind of relief, you know. We need some way that we can, you know, have fun. That's right, fun. Or else we're just going to go crazy waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

So true!!

Oh and I loved when Kate was shocked Jack was playing golf, and Sawyer goes, "A doctor playin' golf. What's next, a cop eatin' a donut?" LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: