Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My dreaded Rejection (Sawyer Misunderstood)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: My dreaded Rejection (Sawyer Misunderstood) Reply with quote

Ok, the tagline was meant to be a joke. Honestly, I really didn't expect it to make it in the first place, but it was really worth a shot (a long shot, but a shot at least).

A.) I know it wasn't my best work. Actually, L4LAD got a taste (and believe me a taste, I've tweaked that %&^$er to death and now it looks absolutely beautiful) of my best work, but alas, that one's not Lost-related and was not up for submission. I'm more than willing to IM it to anyone, however, it's really quite masterful. Thanks so much L4LAD for the compliments on that piece, it really was the best thing anyone's ever said about any of my vids.

B.) Help me to make it my best work . As I am a complete constructive criticism hoochie, please lay it on me and I will fix and re-submit.

Anyhoo, I'll check back later...
B
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B you have nothing to feel insecure about. I've seen incredible videos from you including your vid for carnival---Just realize all videos are viewed by all 5 council members and the results vary. I'll have to go take a look at this particular video again to give you some feedback, but seriously you got nothing to worry about in the talent department-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a big relief that you aren't too worried about the video because explaining this to you is gonna be pretty hard >.<
It almost got in, nearly tied vote, and everyone was iffy with theirs
It was probably one of the hardest votes I've given so far, but nonetheless..

What caused my vote was just that I zoned out in the video, it just lost my attention. It shouldn't have, but it did. Other than that, I would've liked a little more substance to it, and maybe a slightly more satisfying setup to the beat.

But as always, you don't really have to "fix-up" the video, because there's no real part to just fix without changing the whole thing. Beautiful, clean editing, and great song choice to boot, you just, i don't know, need to take something a little more risky, a little more original, and make a new one.

Once again, one of my most regreted as well as hardest votes. But on the bright side, if even you thought this was your worst or one of your worst, you will NOT have to worry about your better ones getting in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: