Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July/August Contest Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: July/August Contest Information Reply with quote

July/August 2014
Contest: Love Is A Fairy Tale
Deadline: August 31st

The Details

We all know them from our childhood days when our parents or grandparents used to read them to us at bedtime. From the Disney classics that, to the very day, make our heart smile. And nowadays, the TV and film industry has also re-discovered them, to the greatest pleasure and joy of us all: Stories about fairy tale relationships.

This month, we would like you to make a vid about a fairy tale relationship. Whether you focus on a romantic relationship like the one between Snow White and the Huntsman, on family love like Emma and her son Henry on the TV show Once Upon A Time or on a (unlikely) friendship like the one between a certain green Ogre and a certain talking donkey – that's entirely up to you!

Here's the twist though:
You have to use a song sung by a duo/duet that fits best to describe your chosen relationship (e.g. The Civil Wars).

Here are some links that may help you with your song choice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Musical_duos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Vocal_duets

We are looking forward to seeing your submissions! Have fun!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• - Make a video about a fairy tale relationship (love, family, friendship).
• - Please use a song sung by a duo/duet to describe your chosen relationship.
• - Multi-fandom vids are ok as long as they are focused on the same type of fairy tale relationship.
• - No AU or trailers please!
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "July 2014 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder.
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire and Sendspace are just a couple of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are more than halfway through the first month of this contest! Hope everyone's working hard on their entries!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea for the contest but between family matters and being between computers I don't think I'm going to be able to do the vid myself.
But I wanted to share my idea in case someone would like to use it or if anyone would like to colab with me on it.

I think it would be cool to do a vid combining a Disney animated film with OUAT.
I'll use Snow White as an example. I see the video starting with the animated film and showing the start of Snow and Charming's romance, then transitioning to Snow and Charming on OUAT using a shared scene that is in the animated film and the tv show. The vid would show some of their fairytale life, then the vid would transition once more to show Mary Margaret and David's Storybrooke life including their family with Emma and the new baby. I think it would be really neat to go from animated to traditional fairytale in live action to modern fairytale. The vid would show the evolution of their relationship but by combining multiple fandoms to tell the classic story.

I think this vid idea could easily work for Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Beauty and the Beast.

If anyone's interested in colabing, I can't help with the editing of the video because I don't have any editing software on my computer yet and my old one doesn't have the memory to render videos. However I would be happy to help with finding a song, clip selection, VO selection, effects, etc.

But I'd also be pleased to see someone take this idea and just run with it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a couple of weeks left to get your entries in!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 week left!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be alright to vid multi-relationships, like say one or more relationships from once upon a time for the contest? I have an idea for a video, but I wanted to make sure that it would be okay if the video was a multi-relationship one?
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be fine, Tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest is now closed. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: