Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas Error- Tried to lose project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Sony Vegas Error- Tried to lose project Reply with quote

My Vegas Movie Studio 8 is infamous for throwing me out mid-project, but it's taken it to a whole new level now.

I was moving a clip from project media to the timeline. I noticed the image didn't show up when I dropped it on the track, it was just black as if there was nothing there. I realized it was about to freeze so I tried to hit save. As I did this I got the error message that says "an exception has occurred."
I hit okay, like I always do, knowing it will throw me out and I just have to go back and restore the last saved version.

The weird thing was when I got thrown back to my desktop this other error message popped up that said what looked like the word caution but without the "A". I don't know what it said but it looked like it was Spanish maybe. But at the top of that error message it had something written in Japanese or Chinese characters. I closed that message down, not wanting to hit okay since I couldn't understand it.

I reopened Vegas from my desktop and it came up as an untitled project which it does sometimes after I get thrown out. So I found the name of the project in the drop down file menu and tried to open it. I got a message that the "item was not found." I only get those when I delete the project. I closed Vegas and went to find the project in the "My videos" folder. I found that it was not able to be opened from here. I got a message about how Windows couldn't open the file and how I would have to tell it what program created it. Sony Vegas wasn't even on the list of programs I could choose. The project file came up looking like the back-up file does.

Finally, I reopened Sony Vegas from my desktop again. This time it came up with the message that my last session did not save properly and I could restore the last saved version. I was then able to reclaim the project and open it like normal. The only thing missing was the photo that had started this whole mess in the first place.

I've just never really had it completely lose a project and refuse to open it before. I've always been able to immediately go back into Vegas and restore it. Anyone know what caused this and how to keep it from doing it again. I have 4 1/2 minutes of the vid done, it would be so aggravating to lose it now.

I think my Vegas is getting to a point where I am going to have to replace it. It's quirks are getting worse and starting to really hamper getting any work done with it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what happened there!! That sucks! But if you're worried, make sure to back up your files. Sometimes if my .veg file gets corrupted or something, I have to copy and paste all my video files into a new project.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it lost the project, it didn't seem to touch the clips I was using. I checked on them right away and they were untouched. The specific edits of them were gone with the project, but the original clips seemed okay.

I got it to work alright again this afternoon without much trouble. I just kept closing down Vegas, giving it breaks before it could throw me out.

I think that's a good idea to back it up. I don't really have the vid edited cleanly enough yet to spot render it, but I may go through and make sure the specific edits I want are saved.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: