Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 5)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Game of Thrones (Season 5) Reply with quote

With only one episode left of S4, I think that we can soon start discussing what may happen at the beginning of S5 and which new characters we might get to see.

Since the producers seem to be looking for shooting locations in Spain (according to winteriscoming.net), we are very likely to see some more of the Martell family. I'm looking forward to Quentyn in particular, although I'm not sure whether he'll already be in S5.

The characters I'm most looking forward to, however, are the Greyjoys, the Children (although we may get to see them on Sunday already) and the Braavosi characters in the House of Black and White.

It would also be cool to see Alysane Mormont and Wyman Manderly.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Penny! Hopefully they cast her.

Its worrying there have been no Greyjoys cast yet. Perhaps we won't see them till later in the season? They surely have to be in. Really hope they keep the
Spoiler:

Kingsmoot

in.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited for:

Spoiler:

Doran Martell
The Sand Snakes
Euron and Victarion
Penny (I hope?)
The House of B&W
Coldhands?!
Lady Stoneheart?!
Will we ever see Mya Stone???

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Penny! How could I forget about her? Yes, I hope we'll get to see her on the show!

Do you think there's a chance that

Spoiler:

Arya and Gendry will meet again in Braavos? I mean, his story on the show is different from the books - so maybe he'll end up in Braavos as well?

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Yes, Penny! How could I forget about her? Yes, I hope we'll get to see her on the show!

Do you think there's a chance that

Spoiler:

Arya and Gendry will meet again in Braavos? I mean, his story on the show is different from the books - so maybe he'll end up in Braavos as well?

Yeah. That sounds cool. I bet they will bring Gendry back into the show somehow because he was a fairly popular character.

Spoiler:

Seriously worried they are cutting both or one of the Greyjoy uncles now and one of the coolest set pieces on the show which is the Kingsmoot. Can't wait for the House of Black and White. Love that storyline so much and they could expand on the Bravvos stuff like Karolina suggested

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Michelle Fairley has suggested pretty strongly that LS has been cut from the show.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/25/michelle-fairley-24-lady-stoneheart/

I'm so peed off I can deal with story alterations but to leave out one of the coolest moments in the series is just rubbish. I still love GOT but not gonna rush out to buy the boxset like I used to and have lost some respect for the producers.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Quentyn Martell interview has shown up online.

http://vimeo.com/99913001

Was worried we wouldn't be getting his storyline so that's some good news.

Hopefully if they don't have the Greyjoys next season they will turn up in season 6.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that official or just a fake audition? I couldn't really tell. Either way, I hope it's a good sign that we'll get Quentyn Martell next season. I'm sure we will!

Huge bummer about LS, though.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if it is legit or not. Guess it could be a faker with too much time on their hands. It is very similar to previous official auditions in its staging but that could be faked too I suppose. Hope we get some more casting news soon.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 5 trailer, yay!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDb4sJVK2wU

Looks really good and exciting!

Some thoughts (and yes, there will be books spoilers!):

Spoiler:

I'm very, very nervous about Sansa. Her story (book verse) has come to an end, so now we're totally exposed to whatever it is that the showrunners want to do with her story. Ugh! I'm freaked out that they'll let Littlecreeper do something horrible to her. Sophie Turner said in an interview that S5 will be traumatic for Sansa which makes me think that it'll be either Littlecreeper forcing himself upon her or doing something horrible to Robin and Sansa has to witness it.

If Varys is supporting Dany (which, at least, the trailer wants us to believe), what will happen with Aegon? Do you think they'll cut that storyline?
I hope NOT! I don't like Aegon, but I think there's a good reason why GRRM brought that storyline up.

No "new" Greyjoys in the trailer. Does that mean they won't be in the fifth season?

Is Ellaria the new Arianne? There are quite a few shots with her in the trailer and since Ellaria doesn't play such a big role in the novels, I think that they're using her as a replacement for either Arianne or maybe one of the Sand Snakes? Ellaria replacing Arianne could work, per se, but I'm sure that GRRM still had some plans with her and for her.

Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm very, very nervous about Sansa. Her story (book verse) has come to an end, so now we're totally exposed to whatever it is that the showrunners want to do with her story. Ugh! I'm freaked out that they'll let Littlecreeper do something horrible to her. Sophie Turner said in an interview that S5 will be traumatic for Sansa which makes me think that it'll be either Littlecreeper forcing himself upon her or doing something horrible to Robin and Sansa has to witness it.

Me too. I really hope they're not going totally off the rails from GRRM's intentions here. I really don't want to see any sort of romantic or sexual relationship between them, forced or otherwise. Ugh.

Quote:
If Varys is supporting Dany (which, at least, the trailer wants us to believe), what will happen with Aegon? Do you think they'll cut that storyline? I hope NOT! I don't like Aegon, but I think there's a good reason why GRRM brought that storyline up.

It could be just Varys latching onto Dany as a ruse, because he's supposed to still be keeping Aegon secret at this point. They'd be smart to keep Aegon in since they're running out of source material, but who knows.

Quote:
No "new" Greyjoys in the trailer. Does that mean they won't be in the fifth season?

I do think they'll keep Greyjoys for next year. That way Dorne can be the big focus this year, and the iron born next season.

Quote:
Is Ellaria the new Arianne? There are quite a few shots with her in the trailer and since Ellaria doesn't play such a big role in the novels, I think that they're using her as a replacement for either Arianne or maybe one of the Sand Snakes? Ellaria replacing Arianne could work, per se, but I'm sure that GRRM still had some plans with her and for her.

I can't remember which roles they cast for. Doesn't it seem like the casting hasn't been as big a deal this year? I'm sure they did combine roles, though.

The trailer is great--very exciting--but it's evidence of the fact that the show is indeed diverging from the books. I'd heard that they were going to, and that they plan to end it their own way, but this seems to be evidence of that fact. There was some stuff recognizable from the books, but an awful lot that wasn't.

Also, not sure if you've seen this, but GRRM's publisher announced that WoW will not be released in 2015.

That means season six will be written and wrapped before book six is even released. They might have book six in time for season seven, but they're not going to be able to wait for book seven before they end the series.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do think they'll keep Greyjoys for next year. That way Dorne can be the big focus this year, and the iron born next season.

You could be right. They surely would've announced something as big as casting the whole Greyjoy clan, right?

Quote:
I can't remember which roles they cast for. Doesn't it seem like the casting hasn't been as big a deal this year? I'm sure they did combine roles, though.

I haven't heard any casting news concerning Arianne - only about some of the Sand Snakes, Doran Martell and Areo Hotah, so I believe that Ellaria could be taking over Arianne's part - unless they intend to introduce her after S5.

Quote:
The trailer is great--very exciting--but it's evidence of the fact that the show is indeed diverging from the books. I'd heard that they were going to, and that they plan to end it their own way, but this seems to be evidence of that fact. There was some stuff recognizable from the books, but an awful lot that wasn't.

Ugh, really?
I thought they were going to stick with GRRM's ending, even if the ways of getting there would be different ones?
That sucks! I have no faith in D&D and I just know they will mess it up for me! Looks like I'll have to wait for GRRM to finish the books then after all (... maybe in ten years time, when I'm in my early forties ... *sigh*).

By the way, did you read THIS: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/02/04/season-5-speculation-will-sansa-return-winterfell/

???
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

KajaM wrote:
Ugh, really?
I thought they were going to stick with GRRM's ending, even if the ways of getting there would be different ones?
That sucks! I have no faith in D&D and I just know they will mess it up for me! Looks like I'll have to wait for GRRM to finish the books then after all (... maybe in ten years time, when I'm in my early forties ... *sigh*).

I don't think they'll go completely off the rails--like, if GRRM's vision is Dany on the Iron Throne, I don't think they'll put Tyrion on it or something like that. But I think some of the stories might have slightly different endings than what he intended. If you think about it, some of them already have. Catelyn, for example.

I think the main problem is that, from a writer's perspective, it would be difficult to finish a series that everyone already knows the outcome of, if that makes any sense? GRRM already seems to have low motivation to write this series, and I think if all his secrets came out in the series before he could get them down on paper, there's no way he would finish the books. So, I think they're trying to avoid that by letting him keep some secrets, maybe? It's hard to say for sure. The TV series will definitely be over before the book seven is released, though.

Quote:
By the way, did you read THIS: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/02/04/season-5-speculation-will-sansa-return-winterfell/
???

UGH, UGH, UGH, UGH!

I *hate* that. See, this is exactly what I'm worried about from here on out. I hate the idea of her returning to Winterfell now, with Petyr. What's the point? And Sansa marrying Ramsay in lieu of fake Arya? Seriously??? God, I hope not. It's sickening! What a nightmare. A complete and total nightmare.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys played the Game of Thrones Telltale game? It's a lot of fun [/url]
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: