Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Dont Need to be Saved" by cappy (Teen Wolf)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: "Dont Need to be Saved" by cappy (Teen Wolf) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Dont Need to be Saved" 05-31-2014
A character study of Stiles in S3. Insomnias bad enough. Then you get possessed. WATCH VIMEO for best quality.
Fandom: Teen Wolf
Song: Hero by Regina Spektor
Vidder: cappy
Length: 3.10 (10MB WMV)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jro7S8PiMW4
https://vimeo.com/96113757

Last edited by cappy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

I don't watch this show so I don't really know what's going on. I thought the edits were great. The story itself seems interesting; I thought you captured a lot for any average viewer who's not caught up or knows about the show. I could feel his agony.
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much for watching, Brooke, especially considering you don't watch the show. I did actually want to make this vid somewhat accessible to non-Teen Wolf viewers. On a personal note; I made this vid after a month suffering with stress and insomnia. So it was a theraputic project for me. Even though the story is actually a supernatural demonic-possession plot. It worked as a metaphor for stress symptoms! Thanks again for watching and commenting. I really appreciate it.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Awesome job! I really liked how the visuals matched the flow of the music!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Glad you felt a flow in this one.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Cool vid. Very original storyline. I don't watch the show but I could follow his story really well. It was really compelling. Your editing was fantastic.Perfect song choice. I really liked the part with the "wake up" on the note pad mixed with the scenes. And I loved your description 'insomnia's bad enough. Then you get possessed." That made me smile. Great vid!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Oceanic6. I was really hoping this one would be accessible to non-TW fans and yes, sleeping problems that turn into full-blown demonic possession is the gist of the storyline so I'm glad it was clear. And with this vid I've finally fulfilled my ambition to vid to a Regina Spektor song. I've always wanted to edit to her music. Thanks so much for watching and leaving a lovely comment!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Great vid!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks Uruviel!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Great job, Cappy!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks, elora!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Wonderful and atmospheric vid, cappy!
I don't watch the show but it was easy to follow and understand. Loved your use of the lyrics and especially what you did whenever Spektor made these sounds in her song
I'm really curious now about the kid's performance in The Maze Runner!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Dont Need to be Saved by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much for watching, Kaja. I haven't vidded for a while but I'm planning on making an Orphan Black vid once S2 finishes. I just love vidding for new fandoms I haven't tried before. And I've always wanted to vid to a Spektor song so that's another vid ambition fulfilled.
And yeah, Dylan O'Brien is easily the best of the young actors on Teen Wolf, so it'll be interesting to see if he can lead a big action movie. I hope he can make the Thomas character more interesting than he was in the book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: