Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Henry Ian Cusick in The 100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Henry Ian Cusick in The 100 Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that Des is in a new show on the CW? I'm not sure how major his role will be because I just started watching the pilot, but it's nice to see him again. The only thing is he's speaking without an accent, and it's just so weird! It doesn't sound like his voice at all, so I'm distracted by the fac that it sounds like they've dubbed another actor's voice over his.

Is anyone else watching or planning to watch?
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching but I don't really like it so far. It seems quite cliché and I don't care much for the main character. Henry Ian's pretty cool in it, he's the main baddie I think, after the Chancellor's job However, I like the actor who plays Jasper so I'd watch just for him if not for anything else lol
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the show, I like it! I totally agree about Henry Ian's voice, it doesn't sound like him at all! Not just the lack of accent, the tone of his voice sounds different. Though in the 2nd episode, I caught a trace of the accent here and there so I guess it is really his voice.

I just bought the book but haven't read it, so this may not have supposed to have been a shock, but:

Spoiler:

I'm surprised they killed Wells!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I'm annoyed they killed Wells. Aside from Jasper he was the only character I like so far :p

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is speaking with an accent. American one I presume
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Sorry--I meant that he was speaking without *his* accent. I worded that badly.

I hope I didn't sound like I thought it really wasn't his voice. I was just amazed how much different he sounded without the accent we're used to.

I finally finished the pilot and I liked it so I'll probably keep watching. I like Jasper, too. I'm curious to see where it goes at least.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Sorry--I meant that he was speaking without *his* accent. I worded that badly.

I hope I didn't sound like I thought it really wasn't his voice. I was just amazed how much different he sounded without the accent we're used to.

I finally finished the pilot and I liked it so I'll probably keep watching. I like Jasper, too. I'm curious to see where it goes at least.

No worries. Just teasing. It's just a pet peeve of mine when americans say they no accent because they are have an american accent.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
No worries. Just teasing. It's just a pet peeve of mine when americans say they no accent because they are have an american accent.

We only say that because we know it annoys the hell out of our British pals.

Seriously, though, you're coming from a place where there are many more regional dialects than we have in the U.S., spread across an area that's 5% of our size. Here, 2/3 of the area of our country speak the same dialect, and to us, our way of speaking sounds quite boring compared to a southern American accent, a New England accent, a New York accent, etc. and for that reason, we tend think of ourselves as not having an accent, and all the other dialects of English (including Southern American, Midwestern American, British, Canadian, Australian, etc.) as sounding quite exotic compared to the boring old standard American dialect. And for that reason, it's quite easy to forget that we have an accent at all.

My point is, it's not Americans being self-centered a-holes who think they're better than everyone else. Most of us just grew up with a different perspective than you have in the U.K.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird thing is though I've heard people from all over america who have strong local dialects say the person has no accent. It does seem to be a cultural thing over there. I blame the system not the people lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's silly. EVERYONE has an accent from wherever they're from even here, in America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: