Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Tourney, MCA and CM's Choice winner banners
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: 2013 Tourney, MCA and CM's Choice winner banners Reply with quote

2013 saw many great vids at LVI! We're going strong as a multi-fandom site, and this year's tournament showcased the best of them!

There were many talented vidders who took part in the tourney, and it was exciting and fun to see which vids came out on top!

After weeks of voting, we now have the results of the 2013 Tournament!

All banners are made by the lovely & talented emmasholi!

The 2013 Vid Of The Year is, as decided by your votes is...

The Hunger Games + CF - Monsters by aradnea

2nd place - Lost || Forget the horror here by EMMALOUISE
3rd place - The Hunger Games + CF - The Spark by aradnea

Congratulations, Ali!!! Not only did Ali have 2 vids in the top 3, she is also last year's reigning champion! This is a very cool vid, excellent work!

Emma, your video is also gorgeous! Once again a Lost video makes it into the top 3. Great work!

Again this year, the winners of the MCAs were the vids to move on to the Vid Of The Year Tournament! Here are the amazing vids that won their categories in the MCAs! Congrats to all!

Spoiler:

There are some videos that stood out in the eyes of the CMs, so we are honoring them with this year's Council Members Choice awards, posted below.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Tournament & MCAs, and many thanks to everyone who voted! It's because of you that LVI is such a fun place! We can't wait to see what great vids you all come up with in 2014!

Last edited by Uruviel on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to Supermassive Black Hole by starryeyesxx

Supermassive Black Hole by starryeyesxx is my CM's Choice because it is a fun, cool video about one of my favorite ships, Skate! It starts out with excellent beat use, that keeps up throughout the vid. This vid tells the story of Sawyer & Kate very well. I love how the great Skate scenes are edited together. The overlay adds a very cool "look" to the vid. This is a gret song and is a great choice for this vid, it works really well!

starryeyesxx, awesome job on this! I always enjoy your vids very much!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to World So Cold 2012 by TheRock420RVD.

Like I said in my comment on the vid's page, I got really excited when watching this because of all the various different fandoms involved in this vid. I thought it was fantastic the way each clip from each fandom mirrored each other and matched the lyrics perfectly. The music choice was also rockin' and the subtle beat use topped it off superbly. And the Breaking Bad clip at the end is hilarious! I'm not sure I've seen a multifandom quite like this before; it's a real pleasure to watch! Well done!

Fab job, I hope to see more of your work here in the future
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to Set Fire to the Third Bar by cappy

I've never seen an episode of Dexter but this vid made a huge impression on me. Between the excellent song choice and lyric interpretation, the thoughtful clip choices, the vivid imagery and stunning use of the music's ebb and flow, I really felt that Dexter's story came together really well. In just a few minutes, I felt like I understood so much about this character from his motivation to his demons, and the high stakes of his life. I think it takes a lot of talent to bring all of those elements together in such a captivating storytelling video, and to so thoroughly illustrate what's special about a fandom for someone who hasn't seen it.

Well done, cappy! Keep up the excellent vidding. I look forward to see what you come up with in 2014.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to Dead Man Walking - Breaking Bad by soapbubbles511 !

I think I watched this vid just before I did my huge Breaking Bad marathon to watch the whole series, and it's videos like this one that made me want to watch it in the first place. Plus, Civil Wars to an angsty show? Perfection! The whole flow of this vid is wonderful, with the shots of the legs and walking along with Walt's quote about how he and Jesse are probably already going to hell for what they've done. And Walt was on borrowed time anyway.

Great use of Jesse scenes, too. Really showed that conflict he had with himself, it was like he was stuck in a world he couldn't handle but he had no way of getting out. And Walt made it worse. I really loved that lyric of "can't no preacher man" with Jesse doing that sort of praying thing with his hands. And as I said in my original comment, I love the clips used for the "keep walking, running, running for miles" parts, they were fabulous. And, of course, ending the vid with the beloved RV! I miss that poor damaged van

Fabulous vid, Sarah! I watch it often and it definitely sticks out in my mind as one of my favourite videos of yours, hence this CM's Choice

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to Let Her Go by benlinusisagoodguy!

This vid is really lovely for a lot of reasons. I adore vids that don't need a lot of flashiness or action to get their point across, and this one does exactly that! It's simple, but in a wonderful, artistic way. The coloring is beautiful, and the effects used on some of the clips of Lori - making her look ghostly and ethereal - are perfect for the tone of the video. This vid encompasses what Rick went through when he lost Lori so well. They're definitely a favorite pairing of mine, and it's so great to see them appreciated in a vid like this. The pacing of the video is fabulous as well - it starts off slow, and then picks up a little bit in the middle, but it's not so quick that the meaning is lost. An all around beautifully done video! Fantastic job, Sophie!

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to win one for the reaper by monia1790.

Monia's vid about the dramatic and fatal ending of a once great friendship is one of those vids that got permanently and positively stuck on my mind in the last year. Her choice of voiceovers is fantastic and the visuals are beautiful and effective but without taking away the main focus of the vid: the emotions. I really got teary-eyed towards the end, seeing how Rick's and Shane's friendship ended in a big tragedy.

Congrats, Monia, to this beautiful and emotional vid. Hope to see many new vids from you in 2014!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CM's Choice Award goes to We Own It - GTA5 by Vidstep.

Although the fandom and song genre aren’t what I would naturally be drawn to, I’ve watched Vidstep’s vid many times over because I enjoyed it so much. It really stuck in my mind when I came to consider my CM Choice Award.

The song choice was perfect for the subject matter and worked superbly in creating such a strong atmosphere. The use of motion in the clips was such a treat to watch, helping the vid to flow so smoothly with the music.

I particularly liked how Vidstep chose to use a montage of fight scenes at the “one shot” part. The lyric interpretation was spot on thoughout the vid and I loved how it felt like the characters where taking part in the song, like at 0:21, 0:40, and 1:28. My favourite part was at 1:06, where the lyrics, clip choice, and flow of the vid melded together beautifully.

The editing was flawless and the vid seemed really well polished. It felt like it could have been an official music video or advert for the game. Congratulations, Vidstep!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats everyone! Fantastic videos all round!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the awesome banners Emma! And thanks for also the CM Choice award! That one is also my favourite from last year too

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats everyone! And congrats to Ali on Vid of the Year!

Thanks for the banners Emma! Best Angst, lol of course that's the one I'd win and thanks Kat for the CM's Choice ♥ that was one of those vids that came together pretty closely to what I had envisioned for it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, guys! I am so happy

Congrats to all the winners. There was a lot of great videos last year and I'm sure that this year is gonna be even better.

@Emma - the banners are beautiful as always, thank you

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, everyone! Great vids this year!

icon by becca
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the MCA and CM Choice Award winners and especially to aradnea and Emmalouise for placing in the Top 3. Well done, ladies!!

Emma, thank you for the pretty banners! They're great!!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the tourney this year and to all the winners. It was another fantastic year filled with hard decisions--there were so many great vids! Keep up the great work in 2014!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: