Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lost-Merry Christmas Baby" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: "Lost-Merry Christmas Baby" by Im1oftheOceanic6 ( Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Lost-Merry Christmas Baby" 12-23-2013
December 2013 Contest Submission Password christmas13 Its Christmas time on Lost island. Merry Christmas
Fandom: Lost
Song: Merry Christmas Baby by Otis Redding
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 2:30 (17.6 MB WMV)

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/82575445

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was soooo super cute, Macaila! I was grinning the whole time. I loved the little manipulations you did. Adorable!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Julia! I'm glad it made you smile. I had a lot of fun doing the manips, glad you enjoyed them.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Awesome job Love your little Christmas manips too
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Aww that was really cute! It was such a feel-good vid! I loved seeing all the losties giving each other gifts, and all of those little accents you added like the santa hat, the present, and the wreaths etc. So cool, and a really well executed idea!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was so good! I like all the little Christmasy touches in there.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jemma, Emma , and Heather!

Even though Lost didn't have much of a Christmas episode, I really enjoy making it Christmasy. I just couldn't resist putting that Santa hat on Bernard because he looked so Santa-like in that scene.
Christmas is my favorite holiday, especially decorating for it so I like to sort of translate that into my videos and "decorate" the scenes with little touches of Christmas

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Aww, such a sweet vid, Macaila!
It really put a smile on my face and I love the way you used the graphics and gifs here. Such a cool idea! Well done
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Cute video! I especially loved the Chirstmassy additions like Santa's sleigh at the beginning!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Karolina! Glad it made you smile. I had fun working with the graphics and GIF's. I was a little concerned about the GIF's because they weren't wanting to play, but I was very pleased they turned out alright in the finished vid.

Thank you Eryn! I was debating on how to start the vid and I remembered that scene and thought it would just work perfectly for Santa flying over the island. When I watched the scene and saw Juliet's expression at seeing the plane, I knew I had to use it.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Fishbiscuits42
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Lost-Merry Christmas Baby by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Really fun, cute video. I really like this version of the song. I'd never heard this version of it. I really enjoyed this feel good happy Christmas video. Very creative making a Christmas video with Lost clips.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stacy! I really liked this version of the song. I usually hear it as almost a sad song and I liked how upbeat this version was. It just fit the idea and feel I wanted in my vid really well. I always enjoy making Lost Christmasy. It always kind of surprises me how much of Lost lends itself to being made into Christmas scenes.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: