Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas 10 doesn't import any video files anymore!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Sony Vegas 10 doesn't import any video files anymore!!! Reply with quote

Hey you guys, I have a huge problem with Vegas and I don't know what to do:
I had to re-install Windows 7 on my computer. I then, of course, also had to re-install Sony Vegas 10 as well. I used the same installation file as before and I also installed the same codec packs that I had on my computer before (ffdshow and K-Lite). I've never had any problems with Sony Vegas 10 before; thanks to the codec packs it even imported mp4-files without any problem.

Ok, so now, I am able to open and run Vegas - but it doesn't import any video files anymore... not even wmv! I tried using mp4, avi, wmv - but I always get the same error message.

What the heck happened? Did anyone ever have a similar problem with Vegas? How do I fix this???
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You import them? Don't you go to explorer and then "open in trimmer"? That's what I always do
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tried it your way, Jemma, but that doesn't work it. This seems to be some general or "bigger" kind of problem because I can't even open wmv- or mp3-files in Vegas anymore. It doesn't let me open any kind of media file or so it seems - and I don't know what to do. It's so frustrating
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks!! Have you tried re-installing again? It might be the codecs, they mess with Vegas sometimes.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh i hate when you have to reinstall something else and you just know its gonna mess up Vegas! I havent had the problem of not showing any video files, but my Vegas 10 does seem to be picky about what file types it uses. It used to show MKV fine but now it doesnt, and I have a huge problem with MPEG files never getting audio.

Anyway, your problem! Whats the error you get? The "none of the files dropped in vegas could be opened" or whatever it is? Have you gone into Prefernces and made sure the video files are all checked? Having to reinstall the program must have reset something, but the fact you cant see any video files at all I think is actually good lol it means something in Vegas has said no video files, so we just have to figure out what it is and it should work.

What you might have to do is kinda a fresh restart. Uninstall Vegas and the codecs, then shut down your computer. Load it back up, install Vegas and check if the video files work. THEN install codecs. It might be a problem with the codec pack itself.

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried all kinds of things: Re-installing Vegas with and without the codec packs being on my computer... even with and without Quicktime. I even tried re-installing Windows, then installing Vegas right away without any codec packs and without any Windows updates being installed yet. But nothing really worked. I always got the same error messages (that Vegas can't open this particular file format... and like I said, not even wmv or mp3! )

Here's the really crazy thing though:
I was about to give up, it was all so frustrating! So as a last resort I thought I could try to install Sony Vegas 11 instead of 10.... again without any codec packs being installed, only Quicktime... and now everything works JUST FINE!
I can use almost any type of of audio and video file without any problems, I was even able to open my Sony Vegas 10 projects without any problems (expect for some missing colour effects).

What the... ???

I suppose that the installation file of Vegas 10 must be damaged or something like that - although I'm still wondering why I was able to install and run the program, but not to open any type of media file.

That is such a mystery to me!

Anyway, thank you both for your help!

I'm glad that it's working again. I was already beginning to fall into real panic and despair!

Last edited by KajaM on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay glad it works now!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!!! Phew!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!!! so glad its fixed, its so stressful when it does't work!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: