Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
|Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:53 am Post subject: Tournament Rules
|The goal of these votes is to determine the best video for 2011. The candidates are drawn from all of the winners from the categories in the Member's Choice Awards.
To do this fairly, we have some rules:
1. Be Fair
You are judging the editing skills of a vidder. This is not meant to be a popularity contest for a fandom, ship, or character, nor for the vidder themselves. Since this is our first year to have a mix of different fandoms included together, please make sure to give all of the vids in each round a fair chance by watching them and determining which vid you feel is the stronger vid. Don't just automatically vote for your favorite fandom, favorite ship/character or by vidder. Vote like you would hope people would vote for you, by judging your work and your skill, not the subject of your vid.
Try not to discriminate against any of the following:
* Song Choice – just because you don't like the song, try to see beyond that to what the vidder does with the song
* Picture quality - if it's grainy, that's not necessarily the vidder's fault and doesn't make a video better OR worse
* Effects, coloring or textures vs lack of the same – again, try to focus on the editing, a vid with no effects isn't automatically worse than one with a ton and vice versa, look at them on a case-by-case basis
* Video's hosting site – whether streaming such as from Youtube, Vimeo, etc. or downloadable, give them all an equal chance (and if you can't see a vid, be sure to let a CM know right away)
* Vidders you don't know vs your friends – we all want to support our friends but, again, this isn't a popularity contest, the focus should be on the skill of the vid, not who the vidder is
2. No Cheating.
This contest is for honor, thus, try to conduct yourself honorably. Voting is private. Please do not to discuss your vote with your friends, or "trade votes" with others. It breeds bad feelings, and could sway votes unfairly.
3. Specific Rules:
* Watch ALL videos competing against each other before voting.
* If a video has a broken link or is blocked for you, PM a CM right away so we can hopefully get a working link for it.
* You may vote for your own videos and we encourage you to, so everyone is on the same level.
4. Have Fun!
We hope that you will!
Aside from all the rules, just keep thinking fairly, post some comments in the threads of your favorites (that's worth more to some people than any award), and enjoy the contest! Thanks for voting, and doing your part toward crowning the 2011 Video of the Year!
Congratulations to all nominees, and good luck!