Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal info posted on a website without permission.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Personal info posted on a website without permission. Reply with quote

Long story short... my brother died years ago and just this past week, (days for me and my family just finding out) someone from an Inn here in town, is using my brother's death for his "story" for one of his rooms. Now, this story isn't just a simple "oh, a ghost (name) visits" type of thing.

The owner of the inn is saying how my brother died and the owner went into some detail... The only reason we even found out about this is because my other brother, his friend sent him a message and sent him the link to the site that has that information.

Now, I have contacted the site in question, (only been about 2 days since I contacted them) but I have no idea if they will take it off, or at least edit out that bit about my brother. Because of them posting such information without permission from the family... even if they thought it was a fake story... not that we actually want to do this, (unless it's forced to go this way) but I just wanted some opinions... can anything legal be done at all?

And this website isn't just some unknown site, it's a site that comes from a big city. I won't post the actual site name because I don't want more people to try and find the story that's not a member of this (LVI) site.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that, Summer.

I would think if any of that information is on public record, there probably isn't much that can be done about it, but hopefully you can put some pressure on the Inn owners and ask them to stop what they're doing. (((HUGE HUGS)))
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my brother's death is on public records I'm sure. However, the information shared on that website is not public. The Inn owner is sharing information that has only been between my family and those of friends who are close. I mean, the place he died at probably had been mentioned in our newspaper when he first died, but no other detail has been shared with anyone outside of family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: