Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Loves Journey Home" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: "Loves Journey Home" by Im1oftheOceanic6 (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Loves Journey Home" 08-31-2013
August 2013 Contest Submission. A look at Desmonds long journey back to Penny. Password: truelove
Fandom: Lost
Song: What if the Storm Ends by Snow Patrol
Vidder: Im1oftheOceanic6
Length: 2:24 (17.6MB WMV)

Link(s): Available by Request.

Last edited by Im1oftheOceanic6 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Aw, I love a Despenny vid! Great work, Macaila!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

That was gorgeous, Macaila! Really great tribute to Despenny! <3
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Heather and Julia!

I love Desmond and Penny. They're one of my favorite Lost ships. I just always loved their story and how Des faced and overcame so many obstacles just to be with Penny.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

This was beautiful! You showed Des' journey wonderfully! Love the rhythm use you had going on there too. Lovely work!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great summary of Desmond's journey. You did really well on combining voiceovers and lyric use
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jemma and Karolina!
I love this song because of the music/beats and I thought those would be perfect to use to tell Des' story. The lyrics just seemed perfect for Desmond's story.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Ooh! Superb vid! I never would've thought of doing a Desmond vid for this contest, but you summarized his journey so wonderfully! A great idea, perfectly done!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Aw! Lovely vid! Made me feel all nostalgic for Lost, and you showed his journey so well!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Loves Journey Home by Im1oftheOceanic6 Reply with quote

Aw! Lovely vid! Made me feel all nostalgic for Lost, and you showed his journey so well!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Emma!
This was a really tough contest.I thought really hard on it and I just kept coming back to Desmond and his journey. I just think he had a really interesting storyline.

Thank you Eryn! I'm glad it made you feel nostalgic for Lost. I still love making Lost vids, so it makes me very happy to see that people still enjoy watching them.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting around to seeing this, and I'm glad I did! I loved the lead-in with the fast clips and the VO's as the song built up....and how you captured so many of the Des/Penny scenes as well as some of Desmond himself. I was surprised when the vid ended because I was hoping for more, but I guess that's the mark of a good vid! Nice work!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jen!
I'm glad you enjoyed the vid. I don't always do a lot of beat use but this video with it's faster instrumental just called for those kinds of quick cuts. The VO's were tough to put in because I had to try to sync them with my cuts. But it was fun to do.

I love how so much of Desmond's journey revolves around Penny and trying to get back home to her.

I understand what you mean about the ending. When I originally was working on this I did think about extending the ending. I played with it and tried to mix in some of the instrumental from the front to that last section to make it longer, but I wasn't pleased with the quality, so I kept it to the shorter version. I would have liked to have shown more of Desmond and Penny's time together post-island and in sideways.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: