Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Originals (AtS Credits)" by PsychoCynic (The
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: "The Originals (AtS Credits)" by PsychoCynic (The Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Originals (AtS Credits)" 07-24-2013
What if the credits to The Originals looked more than a bit familiar? July 2013 Contest Submission.
Fandom: The Originals
Song: Angel Theme by Darling Violetta
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 0:50 (27mb WMV)

Link(s): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p8nbnr81anrmk1/THE_ORIGINALS_-_ATS_credits.wmv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDImx-UJAhI
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Gorgeous job, Maria! Your editing was stunning!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

As a fan of Angel I LOVED it. You did such a fantastic job here, the vid and the font was just awesome (How on earth did you get the Angel font in your vid?) I don't watch TVD but The Originals looks pretty interesting. Good luck on the contest.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

I loved this alot, it was awesome! I love Angel and that theme and it went really well with your video. Great job!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemma, thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked the final product. Truth be told, this one gave me a hard time!

Brooke, yay, another Angel fan!! I love that show, even to this day. Honestly, the Angel Font is uploaded online! Nuts, right. I'm glad my vid was able to spark your interest about TO/TVD. Thanks so much for your great feedback!

Summer, I'm glad to hear that the "semi-crossover" between ATS and TO worked! Thanks so much for your comment.

MODS, I just discovered that the mediafire link I provided is a dud for some reason. Can you please replace it with: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p8nbnr81anrmk1/THE_ORIGINALS_-_ATS_credits.wmv

Thanks.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was fantastic! Could have been the real credits!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Julia! I'm so glad they looked convincing!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was amazing! Loved the effect you had at the beginning and at 21 sec, etc. That was really cool. This looked very realistic. Wonderful job!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

So I'm commenting again after watching the original Angel opening credits just to say how AMAZING it really is! Comparing the two, you managed to copy the style PERFECTLY!!! The overlays, text and clip choices, everything about it was a perfect mirror image! I am impressed Well done, Maria!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I updated the download link for ya!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was awesome! I'm so excited for this show, and this looked like it could really be the credits!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing, Maria!! So well edited, especially the picture-in-picture and the text effects! Great job!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: The Originals (AtS Credits) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was awesome, especially since a lot of those effects looked quite tricky to recreate. You managed to get the atmosphere spot on too! Superb job
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOh, great job!! THe angel theme is still one of my all time faves Excellent work, i loved the atmospheric shots you used of the the ppl in the street and stuff, and i love you had a shot of that hot guy walking away at the end like from the AtS credits

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila, thanks so much for the details feedback. Happy you liked the vid!

Jemma, aww, honey! Thanks for the double comment. I'm happy to hear that my work matched the original (haha, pun intended) so well! It's not exactly like the ATS credits, but I tried very, very hard to make it incredibly close. I'm glad it shows!

Heather, thanks, sweetie!! I saw too many similarities between ATS and TO to resist the merger. I'm excited for TO too! Can't wait for weekly 40 minute doses of Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, and Claire Holt on my screen! WOOT!

Karolina, thanks so much! The text effect isn't quite like ATS's but it's close enough. SO happy you liked the vid!

Emma, they were a bit tricky to recreate. I had to reacquaint myself with some of Vegas's less known features. I'm glad it worked out though. Thank you for your lovely comment!

Kat, I know, right?! The Angel theme can never get old - so epic! Happy to hear the atmosphere worked because Klaus isn't exactly like Angel in the redemption department (far from it!). The end bit with Klaus walking away to mirror Angel's iconic walk down the alley is one of my favorites too! Thanks so much for you great feedback, hon!

Oops, the youtube link seems to have been deleted. Can you please replace it, MODS? Thanks! www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDImx-UJAhI

Thanks for first place in the challenge. EEK, I can't believe it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: