Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 6 Spoilers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: True Blood Season 6 Spoilers Reply with quote

Normally for me when I feel like a show is doing down in quality it usually never redeems itself, but with True Blood and sesaon 5 which I felt was disappointing; season 6 is it's redemption. I can't tell if it's Alan Ball being removed or the show runner who replaced him who was removed; but True Blood has seemed to find it's footing again.

I think this season started off with a great bang; the new character additions are great. And a reason I'm enjoying this season even more is because Sookie is so much stronger; a lot of her dialogue (her bringing back her substitute cuss words)

I was excited to see Anna Camp back as Sarah Newlin; I thought she was a blast. I enjoy the fact she is crazy and hates vampires; if all the characters loved vampires there wouldn't be a point in vampires seeking their civil rights. That conflict needs to be there.

I like Warlow; but as someone asked on tumblr "Is it okay to like Warlow", why not? It's not different then liking Russell Edgington. Right now we don't know Warlow's stance.

A lot of people are getting upset at Eric's attitude and his mockery towards the governor; but that's how he always was before. Eric thought makig Willa into a vampire would cause the govenor to realize that all vampires were human once; and that not all vampires are bad. Frankly I don't care for Willa; and I believe the only reason she was made into a vampire was for a purpose; becuase he reminded me of all those fangbangers who wanted attention from vampires; just really desperate.

Billith. I'm on the fence about him. I don't believe he deserves redemption unless that redemption is death (I don't say that because I hate Bill, I say that because of all the crap he's pulled I think he can only redeem himself in death at this point) I think Stephen is doing a fantastic job; but at the same time I'm already bored with the fact that he's completely invincible. I hate the 'you can't kill me' characters; it's just not fun. I think he's still manipultive and I am wondering if he had planned on Jessica killing Andy's Fairy daughters the whole time (Since he can see the future). I'm also fed up with him never taking responsbalilty; like when he blamed Lilith saying she forced him to drink her blood; I'm glad she put him in his place.

I'm so tired of the Alcide storyline; he really pisses me off this season; if i had to choose between Sam and Alcide; it's Sam all the way. I can't believe the power that has gone to Alcide's head; I was happy that Sam gave the daughter away to the grandmother; but hated that Alcide was upset by it. Loved how Sam stood his ground.

The whole 'Billith killing the governor' I was really shocked that it happened so quickly; because the deaths seem to be happening too quickly with 'big bads' then I realized that he was only the 'face' of the big bad and that chances are that Jason was right, Sarah Newlin is the one running the show.

I thought Terry's death was sweat and 'happy'. He died with no pain; he died being a father, a husband, a stepfather, and a cook. When he walked out to take the trash I said "He's going to die"; you could just tell that the guy was going to shoot him. Such a fantastic episode.

I'm worried about the contaminated blood. They should have known that the governor had something awful planned.

Such a great season.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: True Blood Season 6 Spoilers Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Normally for me when I feel like a show is doing down in quality it usually never redeems itself, but with True Blood and sesaon 5 which I felt was disappointing; season 6 is it's redemption. I can't tell if it's Alan Ball being removed or the show runner who replaced him who was removed; but True Blood has seemed to find it's footing again.

This season has been fantastic and I agree the show is getting better. I enjoyed season 5 also. For me it was the two seasons before that where it was a bit flat. It's more action packed and focused on the one storyline mainly.

Quote:
I was excited to see Anna Camp back as Sarah Newlin; I thought she was a blast. I enjoy the fact she is crazy and hates vampires; if all the characters loved vampires there wouldn't be a point in vampires seeking their civil rights. That conflict needs to be there.

One of my favourite story-arcs is the Newlins so it's always great to have them still featuring.

Quote:
Billith. I'm on the fence about him. I don't believe he deserves redemption unless that redemption is death (I don't say that because I hate Bill, I say that because of all the crap he's pulled I think he can only redeem himself in death at this point) I think Stephen is doing a fantastic job; but at the same time I'm already bored with the fact that he's completely invincible. I hate the 'you can't kill me' characters; it's just not fun. I think he's still manipultive and I am wondering if he had planned on Jessica killing Andy's Fairy daughters the whole time (Since he can see the future). I'm also fed up with him never taking responsbalilty; like when he blamed Lilith saying she forced him to drink her blood; I'm glad she put him in his place.

I was a big fan of Bill but this isn't the Bill we know anymore. It's a twisted version that needs to be put down. I do blame Jessica for kidnapping and killing those girls. Sick of the Jason/Jessica stuff too. She was cuter and happier with Hoyt.

Quote:
I'm so tired of the Alcide storyline; he really pisses me off this season; if i had to choose between Sam and Alcide; it's Sam all the way. I can't believe the power that has gone to Alcide's head; I was happy that Sam gave the daughter away to the grandmother; but hated that Alcide was upset by it. Loved how Sam stood his ground.

Thank you! I've never liked Alcide. It's always been at best me tolerating him He's such a meathead and his acting is pretty bad also. I can't believe he was willing to hunt after Sam when it was Luna's wish for the daughter to stay with Sam. The writers seemed to be sick of the storyline and rightfully ended it but left a few plotholes such as her suddenly 'missing' her grandma. I got the impression she never got to see her grandma much at the behest of Luna. Does she really love her grandma more than Sam?

Quote:
I thought Terry's death was sweat and 'happy'. He died with no pain; he died being a father, a husband, a stepfather, and a cook. When he walked out to take the trash I said "He's going to die"; you could just tell that the guy was going to shoot him. Such a fantastic episode.

Yeah that was a tragic but great moment. It's gonna be weird not having Terry aka the everyday regular dude around Bon Temps.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: True Blood Season 6 Spoilers Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Brooke wrote:

This season has been fantastic and I agree the show is getting better. I enjoyed season 5 also. For me it was the two seasons before that where it was a bit flat. It's more action packed and focused on the one storyline mainly.

Quote:

One of my favourite story-arcs is the Newlins so it's always great to have them still featuring.

Quote:

I was a big fan of Bill but this isn't the Bill we know anymore. It's a twisted version that needs to be put down. I do blame Jessica for kidnapping and killing those girls. Sick of the Jason/Jessica stuff too. She was cuter and happier with Hoyt.

Quote:

Thank you! I've never liked Alcide. It's always been at best me tolerating him He's such a meathead and his acting is pretty bad also. I can't believe he was willing to hunt after Sam when it was Luna's wish for the daughter to stay with Sam. The writers seemed to be sick of the storyline and rightfully ended it but left a few plotholes such as her suddenly 'missing' her grandma. I got the impression she never got to see her grandma much at the behest of Luna. Does she really love her grandma more than Sam?

Quote:

Yeah that was a tragic but great moment. It's gonna be weird not having Terry aka the everyday regular dude around Bon Temps.

I blame Jessica for killing those girls as well but at the same time I think Bill knew it was going to happen; and then consoled her as though he felt bad for her. I think Jessica made a mistake in trusting Bill. After season 3 I really didn't like Bill anymore; and I think that was the point. Bill was supposed to be this great vampire who Sookie fell in love with, he was the vampire you were supposed to root for; but he never laid his cards, he used everyone to get his way; he let those two drug addicts beat Sookie so that she could drink his blood. There's just a darkness there at least for me about Bill.

I like Joe because of One Tree Hill, and didn't mind Alcide in the beginning. But the werewolf story just needs to be put down. I wouldn't have had such a problem with him had he not treated Sam the way he had. Since Martha had changed A LOT since we first met her; yeah I don't think she had that much interaction with her grandmother unless it was while she was with Marcas (Her father)

I didn't hate season 5 but it just felt off for me; This season reminds me a lot more of seasons 1 and 2.

Yeah I always loved the Newlins. They were one of the best parts about season 3; since we hadn't seen her at all in season 5 or much heard about her; I figured Steve had killed her.

I really liked the vampire James who helped Jessica.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked about Bill was he was a vampire from the American Civil War which was pretty cool and Stephen Moyer is a great actor. He always came across as more cool, calm and collected than other vampires and more sympathetic to humans. When we saw his flashbacks that was really shocking to learn how ruthless he once was. I suppose he always had that in him but it's harder to see at the beginning of the show. I love Eric too. Never really shipped Sookie with either of them Doesn't really bother me.

Newlins were season 2 weren't they with the Church of the Sun or whatever? That was my favourite season combined with the Maenad storyline.

Yeah James was cool. I bet we will see more of him with Jessica.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Stephen is a great actor. He's really developed Bill well in his acting.

I enjoyed the Newlin story-line; The Newlines were just perfect in my opinion but I wasn't a huge fan of Maryann.

I'm bothered with how people react with the vampire hate on True Blood. The hate is relevant; if it didn't exist in the show there'd be no point in vampires fighting for civil rights.

Yeah I have a feeling James is going to be sticking around. I kind of wonder if Jessica's going to ask them (When they rescue her) to save him as well.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 8

I don't think Warlow is good but I still like him. I think he's an interesting character. I don't think he's a good character because for someone who despises vampires and despises being one why would he want to turn the woman he's supposedly in love with into one?

I'm a little confused on the whole Terry thing; was Terry already buried before she was going to tell her kids? He doesn't get a proper funeral or burial?

I had a problem with Jessica. As much as I liked James; Jason risked his life to save her and she has him go get James so she can sleep with him? If Jason dies I blame Jessica. I feel like Jessica never faces consequences for her actions and is always let off the hook; she's a very selfish character but she's the type who thinks she's selfless.

I felt sorry for Jason; he's there to save her and he's asked to leave; and then thrown in with vampires with a cut arm.

With Terry changing his life insurance policy only three days before he died I have to wonder if someone is going to suspect Arlene for killing him for the insurance policy.

I know that Billith isn't like other vampires anymore, can enter as he chooses but he could at least have knocked.

I'm enjoying Sarah Newlin. I seriously believe that the entire idea was her's; it's why she's still on board with it.

Nora's death. I'm not a Nora fan. I felt sorry for her; but at the same time I think she had the honorable death she always wanted to have; a death that was her own. Alexander's acting was intense but that shrill scream was a little awkward. They're going to have Eric go dark; it's obvious; I'll be upset if he hurts those closet to him IE Pam. I find Pam and Eric's relationship more important and powerful then what he had with Nora; I might be bias and it might be barbecue Alexander and Kristin have perfect chemistry; but still.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh at drunk Arlene or cry with her? Lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: