Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"State of Emergency" by cappy (Hannibal)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: "State of Emergency" by cappy (Hannibal) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"State of Emergency" 07-07-2013
A character study of Will Graham and his relationship with Hannibal Lecter. The closer that Will looks into the methods and madness of criminal minds the more Wills own fevered imagination spirals out of control. Dedicated to cylune.
Fandom: Hannibal
Song: Joga (State of Emergency) by Bjork
Vidder: cappy
Length: 2.42 (25.0MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZH-kbWqcI
https://vimeo.com/69824594

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, it's posted!! There are now two Hannibal vid on LVI. More publicity!

I'm so impressed by the use of lyrics, my favorite moment is when Hannibal is applauding Will... so chilling. This show might have lots of gore and violence but I find it's the psychological violence that is the most disturbing.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks again, Lune. Hannibal tearing up at the opera was one of the most memorable moments for me. Just learning that Hannibal wasn't dead inside, but was someone who could be moved and enthralled by music. So I wanted that moment in the vid, but since my vid was Will centric, I had to change the context. I think Hannibal is just as moved by the opera of Will's mental breakdown so it sort of works. Like you say, it's Hannibal's psychological abuse that is the most disturbing.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy creepiness!!!
That was amazing, cappy!!! This show looks so grotesque yet visually really stunning. I'm so intrigued to see this!!
I love, love, love your song choice! Björk makes such a bizzare, but great type of music and it worked so well here for those nightmarish scenes. What's up with the elk though? Is it somehow connected to/with Hannibal?

Again, amazing vid!! *applauds*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Kaja! I've been wanting to make a vid with that Bjork song for ages, I just needed the right fandom match. I'm glad you liked it and I hope it encourages you to watch the show. You're a GoT fan so you're not scared off by shows that are gory, cruel and unusual.

Yes, the stag is very much symbolic of Hannibal. There's a murder in the first episode which leaves a girl impaled on antlers so stag imagery becomes a big part of Will's dreams. The stag is how Will envisions the killer he is seeking before he knows who it really is.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Amazing video.... the song choice was perfect and I just Love this show. I really hope more people watch next season.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Great vid, the song was really fitting for this!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Sheree and Uruviel! I hope the Hannibal fanvids will help our cause and promote the show to potential fans.

Also thanks to everyone who rated. My 'Average Rating' moved up to a Gold Star today. Whoohoo!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is really perfect for Will and Hannibal's relationship. Your lyrical interpretation left me speechless at times (particularly the verses!) and your parallels were very impressive (Georgia on fire, the stag on fire, and then, most of all, Hannibal's saucepan fire. It was so very telling on her Will comes to slowly make all the right connections.)

Excellent work!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I've wanted to use this song for vidding for ages. I was just waiting for a show that would suit the lyrics and I had plans to use it for a Will/Hannibal vid before I'd even finished my first watch! Thank you for your feedback.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watching (now that I know the show) I have to congratulate you again on your fantastic song choice!! Perfect song for a Hannibal vid!!! It suits the atmosphere and the darkness of the show so well!

My favourite parts of the vid are when Hannibal stands up and applauds at Will and all that no one sees, you see what's inside of me.

Superb vid, cappy!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: State of Emergency by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks again, Kaja! I've wanted to use that Bjork song for vidding for ages. So it was more like I chose the show for the song than choosing the song for the show, if you know what I mean! The lyrics fit so well I had that song in mind even before I finished S1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: