Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I had an idea, but I don't know if I should do it haha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: I had an idea, but I don't know if I should do it haha Reply with quote

Okay, so I have been watching a youtube video of The Last Of us, and this guy had been doing walk-through... I finished it the other day, (amazing game!) and it got me to thinking, I kinda wanna do that; make videos of me playing a game and then add it to youtube. I found a program that allows me to play a game with the sound from it, while allowing me to use my microphone to talk during it. But I don't know... I have never done something like this before and I'm a bit nervous... like, I'm afraid that if I do it, people will laugh at me; saying that I suck.

I have been playing games for years; I've done COD (Call of Duty) The walking dead, left 4 dead, Half-life, World of warcraft, and tons of other games. I only have a couple of games on my computer (L4D, TWD, Half-life, WOW) mainly cause my computer's video card isn't up to par with the latest games, so I gotta be limited to what I can play.

But yeah, I thought about this, but I wanted to see what you all thought? Don't be afraid to tell me that my idea sucks, I won't be mad honesty is the best policy

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea!! I've been wanting to do the same thing ever since I've become obsessed with Roosterteeth and markiplier. In fact, if you ever wanna record a co-op thing online, I'd be happy to join in and play with you if we can get the right set-up. I don't have many games at the minute and I'm not sure how it all works, but I'd like to learn and really get into it if I ever have the time.

But yeah I think you should go for it if it's what you wanna do
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for it if it sounds fun to do. I think that every person who does a walk through, tutorial, etc., has something different to offer, and I know that when I'm looking for a video like that, I might pull up ten or twenty of the same thing, but only a few of those will have the certain qualities I'm looking for. For example, recently I was looking at tutorials for some writing software I was thinking about downloading, and I pulled up videos by three different people. One was just too slow, the other was too haphazard, but the third was exactly what I wanted. Yet another person might pull up those same three vids and find that a different one suits their needs. My point being that your style of playing, the way you narrate and the things you find important to explain will be just exactly what someone out there is looking for. There are mean people on the internet, so even the best walk throughs, etc., get criticized, so don't worry about that. Just go for it and make the best walk through you can make, and have fun with it! Let us know how it goes!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it!

It's what im now working on doing myself. Its something i've wanted to do for a long time. But haven't had the right equipment etc. I did have a dazzle recorder but the quality wasn't the standard i wanted and recently i had to upgrade a new tv my old one started putting silly wavy lines on the screen
So now i can play games etc on hdmi. It means i can now finally record decent game footage and i do a "lets play" I'm just now getting all the equipment together and then i will be making a 2nd channel for my gaming.
Most of my subscribers know im a gamer having seen i've used certain songs from a games soundtrack. or made gaming fan vids in the past. So they kinda encouraged me to do it aswell.

But i understand your nervousness too, i'm shy and not at all confident myself and im a bit anixous of people judging my playing. But at the end of the day. Your playing the game for yourself etc so if u make mistakes, u make mistakes. lol if you clrealy state its a "lets play" rather than a walkthrough. People shouldn't be so judgemental..... lol i hope

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlinusisagoodguy wrote:
go for it!

It's what im now working on doing myself. Its something i've wanted to do for a long time. But haven't had the right equipment etc. I did have a dazzle recorder but the quality wasn't the standard i wanted and recently i had to upgrade a new tv my old one started putting silly wavy lines on the screen
So now i can play games etc on hdmi. It means i can now finally record decent game footage and i do a "lets play" I'm just now getting all the equipment together and then i will be making a 2nd channel for my gaming.
Most of my subscribers know im a gamer having seen i've used certain songs from a games soundtrack. or made gaming fan vids in the past. So they kinda encouraged me to do it aswell.

But i understand your nervousness too, i'm shy and not at all confident myself and im a bit anixous of people judging my playing. But at the end of the day. Your playing the game for yourself etc so if u make mistakes, u make mistakes. lol if you clrealy state its a "lets play" rather than a walkthrough. People shouldn't be so judgemental..... lol i hope

That's great that you are getting it together to make one When you make the second channel, may I have the link too so I can check it out?

I also would love to play games on my computer/TV, but my computer only has a thing for video activity and not sound too, when I use a hdmi, so I have to use a less cooler method; download a program to record right on the computer :lol Though, I think before I can really do anything, I need a better video card since I have a bit of lag when I used a recorder program, before I found another that gave me less lag.

And Thanks to everyone else who has replied! I really thought about it and I think I might try it out... make a new channel for it and then when I can record my playing, I'll upload it. I dunno if I will actually like, talk through the whole thing like I have seen some people who do these type of videos, haha, maybe here and there so I don't annoy anybody if I talk too much ect, cause If I become comfortable with talking, I might talk more

I talked to my brother about this and he thought of my first game I wanna try would be too old and nobody would be interested, and that I would have to somehow make it more interesting, but I dunno, I think the game I wanna do is still talked about a lot, so I think I'd be fine. Besides, it's more for me than it is for anyone else. The game by the way is Half-Life 2 Episode 1.

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That's great that you are getting it together to make one When you make the second channel, may I have the link too so I can check it out?

*Gulps* well here i go....... (lol im so nervous its like starting over again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ssbobKFEE

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was great, Sophie! Looks like such a cool game
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i feel a bit better/ more confident now getting the feedback, which means im now more relaxed when im recording the next episode. rofl

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of fun watching that. Also; the comment about your comment being racist. I saw exactly what you were referring to; they basically used same Asian face for Glenn and the other character. The facial hair was different and that was it; I think the voice might have even been the same.
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trolls..... lol. There's always one.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering, what is the best program to use for recording on your computer? What do you guys use?
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well recording my gaming footage, i use a HD PVR Gaming Edition 2 but im recording from my ps3, and i use the capture software that comes with it. It's pretty kool aswell coz if i wanted to record a live stream on twitch or something it has that option too.

For my voice I record with a microphone (a really cheap thing, i plan to buy better quality later) through sony vegas. I don't record live while i play. I don't have any speakers or headsets to plug into my tv so i could mute it etc. So i tend edit the footage i got, then watch and record my voice.

I then will edit the audio of my voice and game, using AUDACITY, using different effects like compression (makes the audio clearer) amplflying the game audio i usually but it at -5 or -10 decimals and then autoducking the game audio, what that does is reduces the sound when your speaking so it lowers a little so your able to hear what im saying. then if im not talking it will go back to its normal volume.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the info Sophie I was just wondering cos I hear you have to pay for a lot of the recording programs and the free stuff has bad quality and limits to what it can actually do :\
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think it's official, I'm really considering making a let's play/walkthrough. I have a new youtube channel I made for it, but haven't uploaded anything yet. I tested my gameplay with my mic to see if all goes well. I had gotten a new computer, so things are so far working haha.

When I upload anything, I will come back to this thread for it. I haven't decided what game to try first... maybe you guys can help with that... I have the half-life games, left 4 dead 1 & 2, both the walking dead, and I also play world of warcraft. I plan on playing more games, but I need to see how my computer handles everything since its only been a few days since I got it and plus I need to make sure i don't get slowed down while capturing a game playing.

Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm uploading my first video of me playing a game... as I said before, I would post a link to it once I have uploaded something... as I type this, I'm uploading part 1 of a game, and it will be a little while before it's done, but I think by the time one of you sees this, the video should be uploaded and ready to be viewed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TripleGemini86

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: