Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under the Dome
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Under the Dome Reply with quote

Anyone watching this? It's based off a Stephen King novel. I just watched the first ep and it was pretty cool. Some stuff was a bit daft but other stuff certainly has my attention! I wasn't expecting there to be so much gore/violence either, but I probably should have guessed!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched the first 2 episodes now. I think it's an interesting concept, but I agree some of it seems a little ridiculous.

I didn't expect as much violence either. I could do without all of that. The scene with the cow being split in half in the pilot was pretty gross (especially so being a vegetarian )

It is a little bit disturbing too. I don't really like the storyline of the boy having that girl trapped in the storm cellar. That part just feels really uncomfortable, because that sort of thing has been in the news a lot in the States.

Honestly, my biggest issue with the show is that with the whole trapped in a dome concept, all I can think of is The Simpson Movie.
Or the Christmas episode of Haven called 'Silent Night'. (Ironicly, Haven is loosely based on another Stephen King Book)

Spoiler:

Because in the Simpson movie, Springfield was trapped under a dome.

And in Haven, the town became trapped in a snow globe and had the same kind of invisible walled dome as this series does. Also this surfer lady got cut in two sort of like the cow. Parts of it are similar to what happened in the pilot.

It's a neat show though and I'm curious to see where they go with it. I like the mystery element of the dome and trying to guess what it is and who put it there. I'm pretty sure there are people inside the dome who are in on the dome plot.

I was a little bummed that:

Spoiler:

They killed off Jeff Fahey's character in the second episode.

I think that the stranger that we saw burying the body is going to be the hero and figure out where the dome came from and how to get out.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Macaila! Yeah I could do without the gore too. The cow thing was really gross even though it looked pretty fake! It wasn't really a great pilot, but enough to hold my interest.

A lot of it is disturbing, I agree. I think that will be what separates it from other shows. And I can't stop thinking about the Simpsons Movie either!!

Did you catch that conversation between the pervy boy's father (what is he? Like ex-CIA or something?) and the cop played by the same actor who played Frank from Lost (terrible with names, sorry!). I think they implied that it was down to them somehow?? the cop said something about stopping the town going bankrupt but if that's the reason I will be very disappointed!!

I am interested in why/how the dome got there. And why people keep having these weird seizures??? Also, not fond of any ofi the characters yet except maybe the reporter lady
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with you, Macaila! Yeah I could do without the gore too. The cow thing was really gross even though it looked pretty fake! It wasn't really a great pilot, but enough to hold my interest.

That's the way it was for me too. The pilot piqued my interest and the mystery of it is interesting. It just wasn't like some pilots that blow me away and have me hooked instantly.

Quote:
A lot of it is disturbing, I agree. I think that will be what separates it from other shows. And I can't stop thinking about the Simpsons Movie either!!

I think they're trying to go for the creepy vibe and it's working. I just prefer more like the subtle creepiness like we had with Lost and the whole 'who are the others? ' and 'why do they steal people' sort of creepy vibe. Some how that was just less disturbing.

Yay, I'm not the only one who was reminded of The Simpsons.

Quote:
Did you catch that conversation between the pervy boy's father (what is he? Like ex-CIA or something?) and the cop played by the same actor who played Frank from Lost (terrible with names, sorry!). I think they implied that it was down to them somehow?? the cop said something about stopping the town going bankrupt but if that's the reason I will be very disappointed!!

Yeah, I'll be kind of disappointed if this is something caused by them. I'm not good with names either. I think the cop (Frank from Lost) is named Duke. Can't think of the other guys name though. I thought he was the mayor but I think he's actually just a city council member. But he seems to think he runs the town.
I remember that conversation between them. I think they might be setting it up so we think they caused it, and maybe those characters even think they caused it. But in the end I think we'll find out someone else was behind it. What I don't get is what does stock-piling propane have to do with a dome. Does whoever put the dome here expect the propane to explode, so they've contained the blast?

I have a little trouble theorizing on what caused the dome because I don't know what kind of show this is. Is it pure drama where the dome was possibly put there for political or scientific reasons. Or is it sci-fi where the reason for the dome could be really strange.

Quote:
I am interested in why/how the dome got there. And why people keep having these weird seizures??? Also, not fond of any ofi the characters yet except maybe the reporter lady

Yeah, I'm curious about the seizures too. I want to see if they're only happening to the kids or if other people will get them too. Because the two that have gotten it so far seem to be about the same age.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show is a bit all over the place but it's one of those shows where you can just turn your brain off and still enjoy it. I have to say I'm not liking the girl being kidnapped storyline either. It makes you wonder what she ever saw in him if he is apparently a bit of a psycho. It would have been more believable to have him build up to that point but for him to turn like that on a dime was very unbelievable.

I think the sheriff guy from Breaking Bad will be played as a potential bad guy but will turn out the good guy Same story for the lead guy too who we think is a cold blooded killer right now. I'm interested to see why he had to kill the husband.

I like the young cop girl who inherited the house
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila wrote:
What I don't get is what does stock-piling propane have to do with a dome. Does whoever put the dome here expect the propane to explode, so they've contained the blast?

I think it's like stockpiling food to keep you from starving. They were stockpiling propane so they could make petrol/gas from it. At least that's what I figured anyways.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the first ep I like it, its not as awful as I thought it would be lol But I hate that Junior/Angie storyline, it would be so much better without it. he goes nuts and kidnaps a girl he thinks he's in love with and stuffs her in a cellar?

Edit, ok now I just watched the second ep which I think I liked better lol the cast is good, except for that Junior guy. he really has to go. I like the actress who plays Angie so I wouldnt mind if she stayed, but doesn't her brother notice she's missing? Wouldn't they stick together since they're parents are outside the dome?

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay glad you watched it, Kat! I agree with you about Angie/Junior. I dont like Junior's dad either. And I thought the same thing about her brother. Doesnt he notice?? Also why havent their parents come to see them on the other side of the dome?? They're close enough to it!

At the moment I'm quite fond of Julia, Barbie and Linda
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of curious about it. A few friends recommended the book to me awhile back. I may have to put it on the list if you all keep watching it and enjoying it. The concept is definitely intriguing.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got nikki to watch it and she's intrigued by it Julia. it definitely has places it can improve, but the bulk of it is very watchable and enjoyable.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughts on new ep? the junior/angie storyline is still bugging the crap out of me, IDGAF about it at all!!! and it annoyed me Julia was tied up with Jnr this ep :S She has serious chemistry with barbie, IMO I thought she might jump him at the end, he looked so friggin hot in a wifebeater with his huge arms

nori also bugs me about as much as Jnr, she's just so unpleasant! I do wanna know why her and Young!Sammy!Winchester have the same weird pink stars seizure thing going on tho.

Promo for next week looks good, hopefully Angie finally gets the hell out of there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7FwVc4RFLI

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching ep 3 now. This show likes the silly melodramatic drama, doesn't it? I don't like that lesbian couple's daughter at all (nori?) :S I see she seems to be being coupled with Colin Ford's character, who STILL doesn't seem to notice his sister's AWOL!!!???

I am happy we got a bit of Junior backstory, it's exactly as I thought - definite daddy issues! Now him suddenly going berserk makes a little more sense. He thinks he has to "be a man" and "take control". Still pretty sick, but at least there seems to be some reasoning as to why he's gone mental all of a sudden.

I know she's trying to sweeten Junior up so she she can escape, but Angie flirting with him is just nauseating!

I still like Julia. Her hair is so pretty! It makes me sad she still thinks her husband is alive :S:S

Ugh I hate Jim :S And Paul! But I love Linda telling them what's what.

"We're a same-sex couple with a child; welcome to the 21st century." Love her! Was she on the new Star Trek movie? I swear she took over from Chekhov, it was only very brief =P

Junior's a little sh*t. Has he always been this rude to people, I wonder?

Finally someone notices Angie is missing! Thank you Kate's mum! And no one's concerned??

I think there's some obvious sexism with Jim. I wonder how he would react to knowing Junior has Angie?

Barbie's so gorgeous =P #shallowcomment

Shouldn't Junior like the dome? It's the main thing enabling him to keep Angie captive, seeing as her brother doesn't give a sh*t about her =P

More backstory for some of the characters. Good!

Go Linda! Taking out Paul like that!

James! Finally! A name that isn't silly. And I love the angstiness of not liking the name his father calls him. And just subtle things like not drinking the milk his father gave him.

Oh dual seizures. WEIRD. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Are they gonna give Britt Robertson something else to do apart from sitting in a dungeon?

Okay, that was a pretty cool ep. I didn't think it would be, but I ended up liking it. Looks like Julia's finally on to Barbie!

Wow, that promo looks awesome!! Thanks for the link, Kat!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re - Colin Ford's character whose name I still don't know - YES WHY HASN"T HE REALIZED HIS SISTER IS MISSING?? Kate's mum only noticed she's missing cos she hasn't been into work, no one think maybe check on her with the whole dome falling from the sky thing and all??

Barbie is friggin sexy, he's quickly moving up my list of fave hotties

The promo does look good for next week, finally angie gets clever. I dunn owhy she only tried beating Jnr up once. Why didn't she hide the radio she was listening to under her pillow and then beat his head when she was flirting with him? Then drag herself up the stairs screeching til someone heard her? Im staring to think Jim might know she's down there :S

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jim might know too, it would just add another layer of horrible and creepiness to his character :S
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:

nori also bugs me about as much as Jnr, she's just so unpleasant! I do wanna know why her and Young!Sammy!Winchester have the same weird pink stars seizure thing going on tho.

That's where he's from! The pink stars thing is interesting. They both get seizures I think so maybe it brings it on?

It seemed to me they were actually trying to make us feel sorry for Junior last episode. Sorry not going to Your dad might be an ass but you're still a psychopath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: