Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got Side-Swiped By A Door

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Got Side-Swiped By A Door Reply with quote

So, me and my friend were out of town yesterday doing some shopping, and we stopped off at a convenience store to pick up something to drink. We were just about to walk into the store, in fact my friend was already into the store, and I was just about to shove the door open to go in when some guy literally just shoved the "out" door open and it slammed against my arm so hard that it nearly knocked me over.

My friend, who is the queen of the "stink eye" when times call for it, literally stared at the guy who did it, and said "Did he seriously just hit you with the door!?" I'm pretty sure that he was scared of her, because he took off pretty quickly... which left me without an apology, but it was still cool of my friend to stick up for me like that.

Now I got this wicked bad bruise... it's all swollen and puffy too! Pic is under spoiler tags because it's pretty big, haha.

Spoiler:

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! I hate when people don't think that there is someone by the door before opening it. I have never had it happen to me, but if it ever does, I probably would say something to them. I hope that the bruise goes away soon.

On a similar situation, you know that saying, don't let the door hit you on the way out? There is a store that had a door that would close before you got all the way out. I got hit like 3 times before they fixed it.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be because I work with the public; but people are becoming more and more inconsiderate these days and just don't use common sense.

What a jerky move not apologizing. That must have hurt.

Glad that your friend stood up to you. I'm the type of person who shy's from confrontation because you just never know how people will react.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ouch! I hate when people don't think that there is someone by the door before opening it. I have never had it happen to me, but if it ever does, I probably would say something to them. I hope that the bruise goes away soon.

Summer I agree! I hate it when they just shove doors open like "There couldn't possibly be someone standing on the other side of a clear door waiting to come into the store" haha. What's worse, is when I was coming out of the restroom later that day, I almost hit some other lady with the door, but at least I apologized, lol.

Quote:
It may be because I work with the public; but people are becoming more and more inconsiderate these days and just don't use common sense.

What a jerky move not apologizing. That must have hurt.

Glad that your friend stood up to you. I'm the type of person who shy's from confrontation because you just never know how people will react.

Oh Brooke, trust me...what you say is true. I had an some woman run into the back of my legs with a cart at the grocery store the other day. I glared at her, and she just moseyed right along like nothing even happened. Most everyone only thinks of themselves anymore, and it's just sad.

It was jerky, but I honestly think my friend just scared him and he just wanted to get away from the situation. To be honest, at the time it didn't hurt that bad, but I think that was just from the shock of "holy crap! did someone just ram a door into my arm?" haha. Now, however, it does hurt, but *shrugs* it's just bruise. At least it wasn't worse than that. If he had caused me to fall, then it probably would have been worse, so I'm thankful for that.

Oh, I'm with you there. I am so not a confrontational person. I'm just not comfortable at all with conflict...especially in situations like that, where you honestly have no idea how that person will react. I was more just like "Okay, arm hurts, but I'm alive...and I'd rather keep it that way."
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, yikes. People can be so rude.

I hope your arm is feeling better!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Julia! It probably would be, if I would stop hitting it against stuff. Not the most optimial place to have a big swollen bruise
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek! Sorry to hear that happened to you, Tammy! Some people are so rude! *hugs*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: