Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Game of Thrones (Season 4) Reply with quote

The casting for S4 has begun; they're currently casting Mace Tyrell, Styr the Magnar of Thenn aaaand.... OBERYN MARTELL!!!

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/05/grrm-confirms-red-viper-mace-magnar-being-cast/

So excited about the Red Viper! He's one of my favourite characters. Can't wait to see whom they'll cast!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Red Viper too! It will be interesting how they portray the Dornish people with their accents and creed. I always pictured them as Italians but other people seem to think them middle eastern

Who are any other characters that need casting? Hopefully we'll get Coldhands. Although they could probably hold him off until the fifth season

Maybe Victarion? Mace Tyrell is apparently being cast too and Ellaria Sand is rumoured to be in season 4.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I love the Red Viper too! It will be interesting how they portray the Dornish people with their accents and creed. I always pictured them as Italians but other people seem to think them middle eastern

I'm with you here, Paul:
I always imagined Oberyn to be somewhat Spanish- or Latino-looking, so it'll be interesting to see what the Dornish will ultimately look like on the show. A lot of people suggested Naveen Andrews - which would be really cool - but he doesn't look anything like I'd imagine Oberyn to look like. Besides, if they stick with the books and Oberyn has all those adult daughters then Naveen is definitely too young for that part.

I like this fan drawing very much; that's very close to what "my" Oberyn would look like:

Quote:
Who are any other characters that need casting? Hopefully we'll get Coldhands. Although they could probably hold him off until the fifth season

Maybe Victarion? Mace Tyrell is apparently being cast too and Ellaria Sand is rumoured to be in season 4

I don't really remember the timelines of the third book that well anymore. Do Euron and Victarion appear in the third book?
I'm SO looking forward to seeing Euron! He's such a badass villain!

I don't really think that we will see Aeron on the show anymore... at least not in a bigger role. What do you think?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't WAIT to see Oberyn on the show, I'm actually surprised to hear he hasn't appeared already. (I just finished reading the fourth book and I'm almost done with the first series of the show. ) I feel like if Oberyn appears we need to have Ellaria as well....and I'd love to see the Sand Snakes + Arianne but I bet we won't get them in s4.

I'm really excited for series four, though, the latter half of A Storm of Swords is soo good!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the guy who they cast as Oberyn, Eryn? I actually think he will be perfect. He's Chilean, I think.

I really hope well get to see Ellaria and the Sand Snakes. I would love to actually *see* Dorne in the show at some point.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no, I haven't seen who they cast! I'll have to look it up!

I'm sure we'll have to see Dorne what with all that went on there in A Feast for Crows, but idk - I don't know how much they've changed or left out on the show so far, I need to finish catching up.

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey Eryn!! Great to see you around here! So cool that you're joining us!!!
I'm always excited when we get someone new to join us. GoT is amazingly popular so I'm a bit surprised that we don't have more fans here at the LVI.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too, now that I've had a peek around the forums and seen who posts about it! Maybe it'll suck more people in. I've just started A Dance with Dragons now - yay!!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeee! I'm so excited to have another LVI-er to speculate with. We have sooo many theories! It'll be fun to see what you think about them.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you on here Eryn More people to talk to about GOT. And you read the books too
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah! And now I understand your "location" thing under your icon, Paul - nice.

art by me&tammy
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are your favourites so far? And who are you rooting for to sit the Iron Throne?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Hell yeah! And now I understand your "location" thing under your icon, Paul - nice.

Thanks.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Who are your favourites so far? And who are you rooting for to sit the Iron Throne?

I HAVE to have Daenerys on the Iron Throne in the end!! Otherwise....what is the point of her storyline? Though with the way A Dance With Dragons is going I'm starting to get a little nervous about whether that's gonna happen.

My favorite characters - Dany is my absolute favorite, but I also love Loras, Bran, Sansa, Brienne .... I LOVED Theon too even though he made some seriously terrible decisions. I'm in serious emotional pain over what's happening to him right now.

I also loved Robb and Catelyn. I was shocked when they died. (I'm assuming since this is the S4 discussion thread it's okay to post that without spoiler tags??)

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Team Dany for the win!

Oh, I am SOOOO glad to hear you say that about Theon, Eryn! You're the only other person I've found so far who is as upset about it as I am. It just kills me. I hated Theon for so long until the truth of his childhood really started to come out, and then once he goes back to the Iron Islands and is treated so poorly by his own father--gah. It's hard to forgive him for his bad decisions, yet so easy to see how he felt he had no other choice. My heart aches for that poor boy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: