Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm in the minority a lot of the time. Don't worry, I'm used to it. Besides, it's always interesting to hear different opinions! I like Davos as a person but as a character I find him dull. I know Stannis has the most claim to the throne if you ignore the fact that Robert usurped Dany's family but I just...ugh.... I agree with Renly about Stannis. "No one wants you for their king." I always thought Renly was the bomb dot com, I think he would've made an excellent king with the right guidance. I don't think Stannis would bring anything particularly new or useful to the realm than how it was under Robert's reign, and I really think the power structure of Westeros needs to get shaken up.
Spoiler:

I agree that whatever happens with Stannis will have more to do with what happens at the Wall than anything.

Melisandre intrigues me tbh, I don't know what her motives are or anything but I'm fascinated. GRRM himself has said that Melisandre is one of the characters who is most misunderstoof by fans, which is saying a lot!!

I agree that book!Margaery and show!Margaery seem like different characters too. Personally I think she's a lot more manipulative on the show! And yeah, Tommen is definitely subject to manipulation. He is a great kid, but he's too young to rule or to really understand what he's doing, especially in the books. I really love him, though, I'm afraid of what might happen to him.

I can't wait for Arya's storyline either. It really is such a cool thing and I guarantee that people who haven't read the books are not expecting it, I can't wait to see reactions!!!!!

Agreed about Varys!
Spoiler:

The end of ADWD was a total shocker for me, I'm still reeling from that. I'm dying to find out what he's really about. He's different from Littlefinger bc with Littlefinger it's clear that he's been pulling strings and manipulating people for his own gain all along.... With Varys, I think he has his favorites, but he kind of always seems to side with whoever is most profitable at the moment? Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm just spitballing here, haha.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love Tyrion even
Spoiler:

when things get dark.

Me too Do you guys like
Spoiler:

Tyrion and Penny? I know their relationship is kinda obvious and corny with them both being dwarves but I really like them together. She can help bring him out of the darkness. Hopefully they keep her on the show. Love when Tyrion hooks up with Jorah. Can't wait to see that on the screen also.

Quote:
Melisandre intrigues me tbh, I don't know what her motives are or anything but I'm fascinated. GRRM himself has said that Melisandre is one of the characters who is most misunderstoof by fans, which is saying a lot!!

Oh yeah she is absolutely fascinating. Who's to say she is wrong in everything she says? Guess the question is whether it is worth all the torment she has put people through.

Looking forward to the episode tonight
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really good episode!!!!! Probably the best since the Purple Wedding!!!!

Tyrion and Bronn were perf, the show has done such good things for Bronn. I really love him on the show and I like that Tyrion understand why he wouldn't risk his life....No one can defeat the Mountain, everyone knows that.

Arya and the Hound...nothing too exciting there, but honestly I think they're just killing time until Arya can leave Westeros, lol.

I screamed when Hot Pie showed up, I was so excited. I think that was a really nice touch, because now Brienne and Pod are en route for the Eyrie. And him giving them the wolf pastry for Arya!!! Awwwww! I wish Brienne would be nicer to Pod, though! He's such a sweet kid.

Love that we got some Dany/Daario action but I'm still so underwhelmed by Daario, sigh. He's not giving me the same feeling book!Daario does. Disappointing. I'm glad we finally saw Dany's line from the promos, "They can live in my new world or die in their old one." It's much better in context!

I liked the scene with Melisandre and Selyse. I like that Selyse is around more on the show.

OBERYN!!!!! <3 <3 <3 Be still my heart...that scene between him and Tyrion was perfect. They're both such good actors! "I will be your champion." HELL YEAH!
Spoiler:

Although now I'm so sad, the battle will probably be next week and then no more Oberyn

The end scenes were great. Sophie rocked it as always. I HATE Petyr, he's SUCH a creep. And Lysa...ugh....I should feel sorry for her but I really don't, I just can't get there with her. I won't miss her.
Robin is less creepy on the show. He's still a little shit, though, lol, he didn't have to throw that fit he did. It was kind of awesome to see Sansa FINALLY lose her temper and smack somebody after almost four seasons, though!

Overall a fantastic episode. See what can happen when they're not adding scenes of sexual assault that didn't occur in the books.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
That was a really good episode!!!!! Probably the best since the Purple Wedding!!!!

Yeah! It was very dialogue heavy but all of the scenes were great. It stayed very close to the book which was it's strength.

Quote:
Tyrion and Bronn were perf, the show has done such good things for Bronn. I really love him on the show and I like that Tyrion understand why he wouldn't risk his life....No one can defeat the Mountain, everyone knows that.

I was so worried Bronn was going to be shown to have completely betrayed Tyrion. Love that they kept all the classic lines from the book. I hope this isn't the last we have seen of Bronn. Hopefully they can write some new scenes for him.

"Why are you sorry? Because you’re an evil bastard with no conscious and no heart? That’s what I liked about you in the first place." <3

Quote:
Arya and the Hound...nothing too exciting there, but honestly I think they're just killing time until Arya can leave Westeros, lol.

Don't you think they are making the Hound too likeable? I don't think the Hound ever confessed that deep to Arya in the books and they didn't have him pickpocket the man he pity killed. Their relationship seems closer than what they were in the books.

Quote:
I screamed when Hot Pie showed up, I was so excited. I think that was a really nice touch, because now Brienne and Pod are en route for the Eyrie. And him giving them the wolf pastry for Arya!!! Awwwww! I wish Brienne would be nicer to Pod, though! He's such a sweet kid.

That was great It was a really nice surprise. Although apparently Hot Pie was never around when the Hound was captured so how would he know about him? Minor quibble though. Hehe when he said Winterhell again.

Quote:
Love that we got some Dany/Daario action but I'm still so underwhelmed by Daario, sigh. He's not giving me the same feeling book!Daario does. Disappointing. I'm glad we finally saw Dany's line from the promos, "They can live in my new world or die in their old one." It's much better in context!

I'm sick of the producers treating men like lumps of flesh j/k Yeah Daario is a good actor but he just doesn't seem to fit for this role? People seem to be criticising Emilia's acting. I think she was great this episode. She is one of the best actors on the show. Her story can get a bit repetitive so maybe that is where people have problems.

Quote:
I liked the scene with Melisandre and Selyse. I like that Selyse is around more on the show.

I thought this was the weakest scene. The stuff about Shireen being important was interesting though.

Quote:
OBERYN!!!!! <3 <3 <3 Be still my heart...that scene between him and Tyrion was perfect. They're both such good actors! "I will be your champion." HELL YEAH!
Spoiler:

Although now I'm so sad, the battle will probably be next week and then no more Oberyn

This was epic. Who'd have thought some of my favourite scenes of the season would be in Tyrion's cell? Love that they kept the childhood story in. I really wanted him to explain his Red Viper moniker though.

Quote:
The end scenes were great. Sophie rocked it as always. I HATE Petyr, he's SUCH a creep. And Lysa...ugh....I should feel sorry for her but I really don't, I just can't get there with her. I won't miss her.
Robin is less creepy on the show. He's still a little shit, though, lol, he didn't have to throw that fit he did. It was kind of awesome to see Sansa FINALLY lose her temper and smack somebody after almost four seasons, though!

So glad they kept the snow castle in! It's a silly thing but I was looking forward to it The end scene was fantastic. Non book readers are gonna be losing their minds. Sophie was awesome this episode. I wasn't convinced about her range before but she did great.

Quote:
Overall a fantastic episode. See what can happen when they're not adding scenes of sexual assault that didn't occur in the books.

Erm Dany raped Daario?

There is a week's break next week so it's gonna be torture waiting for the next one ;/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. The episodes that are close to the book are the best ones!

I bet they'll keep Bronn around somehow! He's become such a great character!

Yeah, they're definitely making some interesting choices when it comes to the Hound. I've ALWAYS found him to be more sympathetic on the show which does kind of bother me because I've never liked him and I think he's awful, but I've kind of accepted it at this point. I hope they keep Arya's storyline the same though and have her leave him. That's my only concern.

Yeah, Daario was really the one treated like a lump of flesh when we saw his ass for 20 seconds followed by Melisandre naked for an entire scene.
I LOVE Emilia Clarke!!!! I've always thought she was fantastic and I think she's been showing Dany's growth so well!! I don't know what people can have to complain about with her!

I like what the show's been doing with Shireen, though, I like that little girl and I like that we've been able to see more of her. Hope she shows up again soon!

Yeah, lol, I just realized we've never heard him called the Red Viper really.

I was so looking forward to the snow castle too!! And they did a great job making it look like Winterfell, lol, Sansa's a talented girl! And it was kinda nice to see her get into what was just a petty argument with her cousin. It's good to see her acting like the little kid she is instead of having to be on her guard 24/7.

Dany did not rape Daario, as we know, and please don't joke about that. I'm sorry to keep being That Person, but I'm tired of people making light of this kind of thing. I do not think I am asking too much here.

Oh no, I didn't realize it isn't on next week! That's terrible!! I don't want that!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good episode!

Paul:
Spoiler:

I do like Tyrion and Penny.

Eryn:
Spoiler:

I completely forgot about the end of ADWD with Varys! I had to look it up because it left my head entirely. It does bring things into focus with him for sure.

And I do think Renly would have made a good king with some guidance.

Melisandre does intrigue me a lot, too. I don't have a soft spot for her the way I do with Theon, Jaime, and the Hound (and even Cersei at times) but I do think she 100% believes what she's doing is right and that it's 100% selfless. I thought the scene between her and Selyse was kind of interesting. It was funny that she tried to tell a joke and it was lost on Selyse. I'm very intrigued by the fact that Shireen needs to go with them. Did she in the books?
Spoiler:

That almost seems to be foreshadowing to something that will happen in book 6 or 7 unless I'm forgetting something from 4/5.

I loved all the scenes with Tyrion and thought his scene with Bronn was super touching. I was so happy that in the Oberyn scene, they kept in the story about seeing him as a baby. Peter Dinklage was amazing at that part. It just broke my heart for Tyrion all over again.

My mom guessed that Oberyn would be his champion so then I got
Spoiler:

"And he's gonna win, right? He has to, because he's one of your favorite characters and you wouldn't love him so much if he was there for such a short time. Oberyn is gonna destroy the Mountain. Woohoo! Go Oberyn! He's gonna win!"

It's annoying that they haven't gone into the Red Viper stuff at all.

HOT PIE!!! "You CANNOT give up on the gravy!" HA!

I loved the Brienne/Pod scenes, although I was kind of annoyed that Pod had to explain all of that stuff about the Starks and Lysa, etc. It seems like Brienne would have known that already between having a high born education, having been sworn to Catelyn Stark, and being sent to find her girls by Jaime.

The Dany/Daario stuff was meh. I think Emilia's acting is fantastic, and I really like the actor playing Daario--just not as Daario. I can't put my finger on it at all.

Sophie is awesome and it's so great to see Sansa getting to stand up for herself in any small way. I was so happy they included the snow castle scene. I've been waiting for that a long time. I couldn't believe we already got to Lysa flying. That story line is really trucking along. Aidan Gillen is ridiculously good and creepy as Petyr.

They have definitely made the Hound way too nice in the show and I'm completely torn about it. On the one hand, I can't help but adore the dynamic between him and Arya on the show. The Hound fangirl in me loves seeing this softer side come out, because I believe it's in there somewhere, even in the books. The book fan in me, though, is somewhat disgruntled.
Spoiler:

Sandor's impenetrable exterior and hatred as fuel for killing are crucial to his Quiet Isle story line, the whole point of which (I believe) is to redeem him. In the show there's not a whole lot to redeem him for. His character is still rough and a morally murky at times, but overall he's no worse than anyone else in the show. I feel like that really botches his Q.I. arc. Plus, Arya is so concerned about his well being on the show, it's hard to see how they'll convince us that she would leave him for dead. Her hatred for him was so pivotal to that playing out the way it did.

Bummed that we have to wait two weeks for the next episode.

That's also a whole extra week
Spoiler:

that I have to lie to my poor mama! My silence every time she brings it up is going to be damning eventually.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember if Shireen went with them or not tbh! I'll have to check my books when I get home. Those sections of the book go out of my head pretty quickly.

Spoiler:

My sister hasn't read all the books yet either but she's guessed that Oberyn is going to die so I still have to KEEP QUIET about it because I don't want to tell her she's right until she gets to see it. Your poor mom, Julia!

Something about Daario on the show just doesn't feel right to me! I can hardly keep in mind that he is supposed to be Daario Naharis - I don't know what it is either!

Aiden Gillen is really good - though I can't be the only one who laughs every time we see him next to Sansa. Sophie Turner is SO tall!!

I agree about the Hound. I've never bought this "nicer" version of the Hound the show gives us.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was laughing about Petyr's height, too. So funny!

And good luck
Spoiler:

keeping Oberyn secret from your sister... we're both going to have a long two weeks! LOL!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Exactly. The episodes that are close to the book are the best ones!

I bet they'll keep Bronn around somehow! He's become such a great character!

I hope so. Can't help but feel that was the curtain call for him though :/

Spoiler:

Hopefully he will help Tyrion escape at least before he departs the show.

Quote:
I like what the show's been doing with Shireen, though, I like that little girl and I like that we've been able to see more of her. Hope she shows up again soon!

I love Shireen and Davos together. They are adorable. She is another amazing child actor beyond her years. Like we need anymore.

Quote:

Dany did not rape Daario, as we know, and please don't joke about that. I'm sorry to keep being That Person, but I'm tired of people making light of this kind of thing. I do not think I am asking too much here.

Sorry. It was too crass to joke about raping. Didn't mean any of it. That scene was actually super hot lol

eloramoon wrote:
My mom guessed that Oberyn would be his champion so then I got

Spoiler:

Oh no That is going to be such a bummer when she sees what happens.

Quote:
That's also a whole extra week
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

that I have to lie to my poor mama! My silence every time she brings it up is going to be damning eventually.

Spoiler:

Just tell her that the Mountain dies. It's kinda true because Robert Stong is probably just a zombie shell.

Glad it's not just me where sequences from the book have just faded into nothing. I check the Wiki of Ice and Fire when I forget stuff. It helps that I am rereading the books at the moment.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It very well could be, unfortunately. Ah well. Not much Bronn past this point in the books either.

I know right?? All the kids on this show are so great, it's incredible.

Thank you for apologizing, Paul, I'm just trying to make sure this site stays a safe, friendly place.

I should reread the books too. My mom has a few of mine at the moment because I got her into reading the series, though she's finally on ADWD! She keeps yelling at me for getting her into such a long series and I'm like you're almost done! You can make it!

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha! Your poor mom. My mom got through GoT and hasn't picked up book two yet. Not sure if she's going to. I think she prefers to just read it.

I didn't think my husband would make it through ADWD but he finally did, thank goodness. I was just saying the other day that I should re-read it, and then I thought... mm... maybe not yet.

ETA: Season Five casting spoilers!!!

I'm assuming this isn't everyone, but at least now we know we'll definitely be seeing more Bronn!

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/05/23/characters-confirmed-game-thrones-season-5-new-details/

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I just saw that and was coming to post it here, you beat me to it! The Sand Snakes! And they're finally casting Lollys! I hope casting the Sand Snakes means they're working on Arianne too...I can't imagine they'd have them and Areo Hotah and Doran Martell but no Arianne.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this earlier today. It makes me very happy to have Bronn still on the show in whatever limited capacity. To see Dorne in such detail next year is going to be a real treat.

There has to be more cast members coming surely. That does seem limited.

Maggy the Frog is the weirdest choice. Are they finally going to do flashbacks?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll see Arianne, too, next season, Eryn. She's one of the most important Martell characters in the books.

Do you think we'll also be getting Quentyn Martell next season?

Looking forward to getting more Bronn next season, yay! In the books, that's where he disappears, isn't it? After his last conversation with Tyrion.
I wonder about....

Spoiler:

Lolly's baby though. In the books, she is raped during the KL riots. We didn't see her during the riots on the show though. Do you think they'll make Baby Tyrion Bronn's baby? Or will they stick with the original story and simply tell the audience through any character that Lolly's had been raped during the riots?

Quote:
Maggy the Frog is the weirdest choice. Are they finally going to do flashbacks?

I know right!
I think it's cool - but it'll probably lead to people asking for more flashbacks, especially from the time around Robert's rebellion.

I can't wait to hear which Greyjoy characters they'll be casting for S5!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tease! (By Sophie Turner aka Sansa)

Quote:
It’s been a great season so far, with Sophie Turner being right in the mix of it. We’ve seen Sansa Stark go from a grieving young girl, to a runaway murder suspect, to trading places with Lysa for a one way trip out the Moon Door. But it’s not over yet, and in an interview last week, Sophie said that Lysa’s death wouldn’t rank high on the list of Season 4 shockers. Now she has more to say about the spectacular finale, and beyond.

While speaking with Just Jared, Sophie reveals that this season’s end will take the story to a whole new level, and unlike previous years, may just leave us with a glimmer of hope. The one thing that she will say about Season 5 is that the producers have told the cast it’s going to be amazing for everyone. She also recalls a particularly debauched evening in Croatia, and shares her thoughts on Sansa marrying her cousin.

Can you share anything about the season finale?
Oh yes! I can tell you that the end of the season, I mean, we have really great ends to every season. This season, there’s been peaks the whole way through, but the one at the end is spectacular. And it’s one of those, like the last three seasons you get chills at the end, but this one is actually really good because it takes the storyline to a whole new level of a particular storyline. And you’re like “WOW.” Then you can’t wait for the next season.

Is it a dramatic turn, a comedic turn…?
It’s a hopeful turn. It’s dramatic but it’s like, for once Game of Thrones isn’t so depressing. (laughs)

Here's the whole thing:
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/05/26/sophie-turner-spectacular-end-season-4-taking-story-new-level-amazing-season-5/

I have a a few ideas on the shocking moments, but what do you guys think what Sophie is talking about when she says "hopeful turn"?

Maybe...

Spoiler:

the Bran gang coming across Coldhands and finding the Children of the Forest?

I'm also pretty excited about this pic here:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Arya and Sandor in the Vale? What does that mean?? Gah!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high that they might somehow cross paths with Sansa because I don't think they would stray that far from the books... Arya still has to get to Braavos and Sandor still has to "die" if they want to stick with the original story.

But still.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: