Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New YouTube layout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's rotten that you can't comment on vids without Google +.
. I kind of gave up Youtube commenting awhile back when I couldn't post a comment without being asked in the midst of it what name I wanted to go by on Youtube. I have never tried Google + and have no interest in it. To me Google is just trying to compete with Facebook. Apparently this is their way to get more members, force people into an account.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like Windows 8. I see those commercials for 8 and just think, 'Boy, I hope my computer can hobble along until hopefully a better Windows 9'. I really liked 7, I would happily get another computer with it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube and Google Plus or GMAIL need to be seperated. I get it; Google bought Youtube; but they don't need to force people to get a Gmail/Google Plus account that they don't want just to be able to go on Youtube. It's ridiculous.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree! I can't seem to separate my google plus account, I don't even remember getting it!!! And there's no way in hell I'd actually need to use it otherwise -_-
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ended up signing with Google+ because I do tend to comment on videos, but it's so stupid to make it available only through Google +. I probably won't even use G+, but just have it be in the background, especially when I'm having issues getting emails from Youtube ever since they changed things yet again. :/ And now it keeps saying I have been signed out of my email and Youtube every day, several times a day... so very annoying!

Also, has anyone else having issues with getting notifications via email saying you gained another subscriber? I went on my channel and saw it said I gained 2 new ones, but yet I haven't gotten any emails or anything and I like being able to leave those who subb'd me a note saying thank you.

And tammy, the reason I don't like Windows 8 is because I feel like it's too "busy" and too much like a phone with all the apps. I mean, I get that's the point of how they wanted it to look, but it's not very welcoming in my opinion. I have heard from other people that they are very confused with it and don't know how to do something.

An operating system should be easy, fast and user friendly like it has been for years. All anyone does with a computer is browse the internet, send emails, do work or something graphic related. Some people like Windows 8 and that's cool, some can handle the change better than others. Me, however, am glad I bought my desktop when I did, I was able to get Windows 7 before the change.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I only get emailed if someone comments or leaves me a message.

Just be-careful; I had a Google Plus account and didn't ever use it and they canceled it on me. I got it when it first came out but I just didn't see the appeal. I have twitter/tumblr it's all I need.

I'm just tired of Google using YT to make people do things they don't want to do.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to check my messages and comments for the frist time in ages on YT... and OMGWTF!!!!

So if I want to get the messages and notifications straight into my YT inbox, I have to disconnect YT from Google+.... but then it won't let me reply to people's comments unless I connect my YT account with Google+??? WTF, seriously!!!!

Google is made of pure evil!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Karolina! I just disconnected my YT from G+ again, and I am so on the sidelines. Do I connect it, do I not? I don't want a G+ but I have to in order to comment, which sucks.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I've tried to check my messages and comments for the frist time in ages on YT... and OMGWTF!!!!

So if I want to get the messages and notifications straight into my YT inbox, I have to disconnect YT from Google+.... but then it won't let me reply to people's comments unless I connect my YT account with Google+??? WTF, seriously!!!!

Google is made of pure evil!!!

Yup. If you don't have the two connected too, you won't get all of the messages or notifications, either. I looked at my inbox and that's what it basically says.

I really don't like the new setup and I really hope they don't continue with it. When Google + first came out, I tried it and did not like it so I deleted it. Now, we're all forced to use it if we wanna use YT.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Yeah, it makes no sense Karolina.

I disconnected my Youtube and Google + and they still say most of my comments will be sent to/through Google + and not to my Youtube inbox.
So I'm not sure how you're supposed to view them. I don't know how they can send them there if I have it disconnected.

I think they may be trying to slowly get rid of the messenger/inbox on Youtube. I was hoping even if I couldn't comment, I could at least see other people's comments on my vids and then just PM them a reply.

I always kept a close eye on one vid in particular because it was a Lost theory vid and it sometimes gets pretty derogatory comments, which I delete. Now that I can't rely on my inbox, I'll have to check it frequently so it doesn't get spammed with those kinds of posts.

Just about the time you think they are going to leave YT alone, they go and make another stupid change.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged into my secondary account at Youtube and now I can't get signed out. I keep hitting sign out and it seems to log me out but when I hit sign in so I can log back into my primary it comes up as my secondary account and just wants the password to log back in.

So do I have to hit "switch account " to get it to drop my username/email info from my secondary account and let me enter the correct info for my primary? The two accounts are not supposed to be linked because I opted not to do that early on.

I've never had this issue before. Whenever I've gone to check on my secondary in the past, I've just logged out when I was done and logged immediately back into my primary without a hitch.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah switch accounts thats what i do.

I currently have 3 accounts, so i keep xsoppysofax signed in on firefox, sophieplays on google chrome, and my newest channel (its just a backup one but its gonna be a place where i will upload all my copyrighted claims too so xsoppysofax is clean. work in progress atm i keep getting offers for partnerships so removing the copyright videos i do have from that channel would give me more of chance to be partnered) anyways i will use IE for that one, so then i don't have to keep switching back and forth

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try restarting your computer? I've never heard of YT doing that. Weird.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie, I might have to try using switch accounts if it keeps acting up.
I like to stay logged into my primary because that's where I have all my playlists and public videos and the account I used to use for commenting and still use for PM's. The secondary account was mainly just to back-up my subscriptions and favorite vids. I didn't use it much for vids.

Brooke, yes I tried restarting it. I signed out and turned off my computer and went about some other tasks. But when I tried to sign back in later that day and even the next day it still tried to log into my secondary.

Part of what I think has happened is this is the first time I've logged out of my primary and checked my secondary since the Google + thing got added to Youtube. So I'm wondering if I have somehow made it think this is the primary account that I wanted all my Google related stuff through.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another annoying change to Youtube.

If your YT account is not connected to your Google + account you will not be able to send or receive private messages. They also are getting rid of all old messages that you have received (I think this is regardless of whether you have Google + or not). You have a limited time to save any you want to. ( I tried their download option, but it didn't work for me.)

It seems like they are messing with the contacts list too. So I would suggest you make a back up list of your YT contacts in case they do away with it on the site.

This is frustrating. I didn't want Google +, but I think I'm about to be forced to use it. I used Youtube's PM system to send comments on videos after they made it so you had to have Google + to comment.

Just wanted to be sure you guys were aware of the new change so if you're like me and like to save your messages, you have a chance to do so.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing Google does surprises me anymore. I think Google + is a the cheap man's social network. I personally don't like it. I don't have a need for it except to get onto Youtube and comment. I hardly use it; I even forget I have it, it's that unimportant to me. It first started with Gmail you had to log in with your gmail. I don't understand why we couldn't allow Gmail and youtube to be two different sites. I just think what they are doing and continue to do is wrong. They're using the success of Youtube to force poeple to use their product.

I'm also tired of them buying everything out. They bought this photo editor I used and I was stuck using their's; which wasn't good. Luckily someone relaunched the one they bought as something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: