Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New YouTube layout
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: New YouTube layout Reply with quote

(not that anyone wanted ANOTHER new one, but here we go again )

As well as being ugly and a bit disorganised, it doesn't seem to be displaying my last 3 or 4 videos. They don't seem to have been deleted, so is anyone else having this problem???

Oh I just realised my "unsubscriber video" was in the way of my latest 3 vids. Why do we even need a unsubscriber video?! It's pretty obvious what my channel is about by the videos I upload

The display is totally messed up. You can't even see one of my vids unless you scroll along that "What to watch next" rubbish. And if I go to view all videos, it cuts off my latest 4 again. I'm so mad right now...

This has been a rant.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like with anything; most layouts aren't what the people want or need. For instance, iTunes. Trying to figure that out has been a nightmare.

I don't mind changes but most layouts are hideous and normally take away golden features while sticking with things that don't work.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. SO annoying. It took me an hour to get things even remotely where I wanted them. And I miss the pretty background I had before. I hate being stuck with just a header. What annoys me about this layout is if you set up sub-sections by fandom, for example, the only way to do that is by tag, which means you have to go through and make sure all your tags are right. Then, in that sub-section, there is no way to organize their display order in the scroller. Supposedly it displays the most recently tagged first, but I went through and re-tagged my vids so that the last ones I tagged were the ones I wanted in the front of the queue, and it didn't work. So, basically, if you want your most recent vids to show, the only way to do that is to move the "most recent uploads" scroller to the top.

And that unsubscribed video thing? Does this mean only people who are subscribed to your channel can see it? I viewed my channel as public and the unsubscriber video didn't even show up anywhere, except for in the scrollers.

Ugh.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's for people who are not subscribed to you to convince them to subscribe, but who knows??

That tagging thing sounds so annoying and confusing O_O

What I also noticed is whenever I click the link of the video, it shows me a huuuuuuuge screen for the video, with just the title and no video or vidder info so I found that really frustrating. I dunno if it was just a glitch, anyone else had this? It was very maddening.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone was wondering, I think that last glitch was something to do with an add-on I had for Chrome. I sorted it out since then anyway.

I was just wondering, I don't think any of my videos that are "blocked in some countries" are showing up when I view my profile as public. Anyone else notice this?
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After months of fighting with the new layout I finally got Youtube to accept that I wanted to keep Im1oftheOceanic6 as my name on all Google services. But now I can't figure out how to get to my personal messages and Youtube Inbox to see any new comments on my videos.

I know it is probably a stupid question, but how do you get to your personal messages now? I have a bad enough habit of not remembering to check them on YT, but now I can't even get to them.

Also what is that bell that appears next to the username? I know I could click on it, but Youtube is so screwy that I'm afraid if I click on it and it does something I might not be able to undo it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
After months of fighting with the new layout I finally got Youtube to accept that I wanted to keep Im1oftheOceanic6 as my name on all Google services. But now I can't figure out how to get to my personal messages and Youtube Inbox to see any new comments on my videos.

I know it is probably a stupid question, but how do you get to your personal messages now? I have a bad enough habit of not remembering to check them on YT, but now I can't even get to them.

Also what is that bell that appears next to the username? I know I could click on it, but Youtube is so screwy that I'm afraid if I click on it and it does something I might not be able to undo it.

Macaila

Macaila, it sounds like you linked your YT with your Google+ account (it's easy to do. I've done it tons of times myself). It's an easy fix. Click on the pull down menu (where you could get to your messages) and click on Youtube Settings. Once it loads, under your icon should say "Temporarily disconnect your YT and Google+ account", click that, and it'll disconnect the accounts and your messages should show up.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work. If you want to check your messages/comments, you can just manually type in the address for the inbox.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Macaila, it sounds like you linked your YT with your Google+ account (it's easy to do. I've done it tons of times myself). It's an easy fix. Click on the pull down menu (where you could get to your messages) and click on Youtube Settings. Once it loads, under your icon should say "Temporarily disconnect your YT and Google+ account", click that, and it'll disconnect the accounts and your messages should show up.

Thank you. I will give that a try. I did get a message from them talking about a google account right after I did it, so I bet I did link them.

Macaila

Edit: That worked perfectly. I got it to give me my old YT drop down menu back.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another easy way is when u get to your inbox just bookmark that page

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I delete my Google+ profile, it won't delete my Youtube channel right? It connected my channel to that, so i went into the youtube settings and deleted the Google+ profile, and i read what would be deleted with it and it didn't say my Youtube channel will be deleted too, but I just thought I would ask here to see if anyone else had any problems?

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Once you link a YouTube channel with a Google identity, your YouTube channel is tied to the data of that particular Google identity. This means that deleting a Google+ profile or page will have a direct impact on any YouTube channel linked to it."

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657970?hl=en
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlinusisagoodguy wrote:
another easy way is when u get to your inbox just bookmark that page

Oh, never thought of that. I think I'll do that as a back up.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Youtube went to a new level of stupid today. Apparently now all comment will filter through your Google+ page. So if you don't link your YT & Google+ pages, then you can't leave comments on videos.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Tammy, i find it so stupid and annoying. Why can't companies just stop trying to force things on us? Don't they get that not everyone likes Google + I tried it and hated it. Now youtube is trying to force us to use Google + and I'm not liking it at all.

A little off topic, but not entirely... It's kinda like Windows 8. I hate it and I wish it wasn't the main OS for computers because I would like to get a laptop in the future, but I don't want windows 8. All of the companies needs to allow us to choose what we want and not have the stuff pushed down our throats.

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Summer! I tried to use Google+ before. It's confusing and makes no sense to me. I don't like it, and I REALLY don't want my YT account attached to it, but it looks like I don't have a choice now.

I haven't used Windows 8 myself, but I've heard really bad things about it. Though, to be fair, I heard horrible things about Windows 7, and I love it, so I guess I should judge Windows 8 myself.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it about Windows 8 that you don't like? A new laptop is in the future I do believe, since my desktop is dying a slow, painful death. Poor thing will only boot in safe mode with networking, and now it's too the point where it takes five manual restarts to get it to work at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: