Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wise Up" by cappy (The Wire)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: "Wise Up" by cappy (The Wire) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Wise Up" 05-18-2013
A tribute to the corner kids and the adults who tried to help them.
Fandom: The Wire
Song: Wise Up by Aimee Mann
Vidder: cappy
Length: 3.28 (77.8MB AVI)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://vimeo.com/8763730#at=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOzgENyurd0

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful and devastating vid! Great work on the lyrics and really good scene choices!
I must admit that I never got past the first episode It was not a matter of not liking the show though but more a problem of not understanding what people were saying *lol* I may have to give it another try someday, next time in German though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Kaja! Again, thanks for reviewing a vid for a show you don't even watch. The Wire is a great great show (S4 especially) though it is the hardest show to get into. The first episode has no proper introductions to the characters, like an ordinary Pilot would. You have to be very very patient. And yes, a lot of viewers struggle with the Baltimore accent/dialect. A lot of people watch it with subtitles.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

I've not seen The Wire; but I thought you chose a great song for the situation of the kids on the streets. The opening "It's not what you thought"; what a great line for someone who thinks the streets is something it's really not. I thought you chose great some great scenes to fit along with the lyrics.
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Hey Brooke! Thank you so much for watching, even though you don't watch the show. It seems you instinctively understood the themes and the message of the vid without having to see the storylines. Thank you for your feedback!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

I've not seen the show either, but I thought this was a very powerful vid. Definitely very emotive! Excellent song choice and pace of clips, I really liked it
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Jemmz! I actually convinced one friend to watch 'The Wire' based on this vid so I'm pleased the power of the S4 story comes through.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Great job, Cappy!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Wow, wonderful job! You did a great job of telling the story. The music you chose worked well, and created such a powerful atmosphere, your lyrics interpretation was lovely. Really enjoyed this!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your feedback, elora and emma! I was always nervous about this song choice so I'm pleased it worked for you.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Perfect music choice. This was a very powerful and moving video. You did a great job of telling these characters stories. Wonderful job!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Wise Up by cappy Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Oceanic6! I'm always pleasantly surprised by the response to this vid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: