Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John" by KajaM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: "My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John" by KajaM Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John" 06-06-2013
Sherlock Holmes & John Watson relationship study and friendship tribute. Contains HUGE spoilers for the S2 finale.
Fandom: Sherlock
Song: Eskimo by Damien Rice
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 5:08 min. (152MB wmv)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eCGj3SU6fU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eCGj3SU6fU

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John by KajaM Reply with quote

This seriously had me crying. Absolutely amazing. That ending, with the lights going out and then the graveyard scene really got me. And I loved the way you intermixed scenes to tell your story, especially with the voiceovers.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Becca! I really, really appreciate it because this vid was so much work to do
I love their relationship... it's so complicated, so messed up in many ways, but so wonderful, too. They really and deeply care about each other. <3<3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John by KajaM Reply with quote

Stunning and emotional. I loved how you did the scenes after Sherlock stepped off the roof. It had such a powerful emotional feeling of his life flashing before his eyes. I also really loved the scene you chose of them walking down the tunnel. It gave me the feeling that Sherlock was 'going toward the light' The voice overs were perfect. Beautiful vid, Karolina.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Macaila!
I'm very happy so liked it so much since I put a lot of time (and love ) into this vid. Thank you! *hugs*
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John by KajaM Reply with quote

That was gorgeous! I don't watch the show, but I really got how passionate you are about these two and their friendship, how close they are etc. I really enjoyed it! I loved when the music built towards the end and you showed all their time together. Beautiful song too. I felt myself getting emotional, lol Fab job Karolina
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Jemma! I've only very recently started watching the show, but yes, I really love these two like whoaaaa
I'm glad you mentioned the song. It's beautiful, isn't it? I heard it for the first time in a Battlestar Galactica ensemble vid years ago and I've been wanting to vid to it ever since. It finally felt "right" with Sherlock & John
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: My Eskimo Friend - Sherlock & John by KajaM Reply with quote

This video is terrific, Kajam! As always I've been a casual Sherlock fan but this vid makes me want to go back and watch it properly. Plus 'Eskimo Friend' has always been my favourite Damien Rice song. I love your use of its operatic climax.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, cappy! (And sorry about the late reply! )
I can only highly recommend watching all of Sherlock. Such a great show and I'm sure you'd love the Sherlock/John bromance as much as I do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: