Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"To Remember (TVD - Kalijah)" by PsychoCynic (The

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: "To Remember (TVD - Kalijah)" by PsychoCynic (The Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"To Remember (TVD - Kalijah)" 04-12-2013
(I dont even remember who I was when we first met and ... I want to find out.) Katherine and Elijah, after centuries apart and at odds, try to find themselves in each other. Spoilers for 4x18.
Fandom: The Vampire Diaries
Song: Amelie OST by Yann Tiersen
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 2:10 (73MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJdbKDtkCw&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
http://www.mediafire.com/?vamcabe1h1h4xxl

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the show or that particular ship, but from the technical perspective, it was a truly excellent vid! Love the changing colour effects and you did a wonderful job on the music use. Well done!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: To Remember (TVD - Kalijah) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

I am so starting to ship these two....Beautiful job, Maria! The editing was gorgeous! Your best yet! The moving texture was a lovely touch, all the quotes were perfect. You included scenes I had forgotten about!! I agree about the music use, as well. Lovely. Great look at Katherine and Elijah's relationship over the years. Fab job!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: To Remember (TVD - Kalijah) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Cool effects and beat use! Great vid!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina, thank you! I see so many vids on youtube that makes such pretty vids and I wanted to try my hand at it! I'm glad to hear you think it was a successful attempt! (Yay for light textures!) Glad to hear that there was a good balance of color vs. black/white as well and that the editing worked for the music! Thanks so much for the great comment, hon.

PS - I pretty much used every single scene Elijah/Katherine had together (even manipulated some), so you actually got a pretty good idea of their story just by watching this.

Jemma, IKR! I've always loved Katherine because she is just so kickass. And just ... ack, Elijah! I love that guy! I love that he's so noble and so distinctive from the rest of his brothers and sister (not that I don't love them too, in their own way. In fact, I've deemed Klaus the TV version of Loki. Daddy issues, atypical (adopted) family history. Think about it. )

I'm glad to hear that the quotes I used were some of the more original ones! One of my favorites is that little smirk Elijah gives Elena when he says "I doubt that" in reference to Klaus having killed Katherine, because, secretly, even if he doesn't admit it in that ep, that Katherine is clever and headstrong and she would do anything it took to survive (which she did) and he loves her for that!

Thanks for the compliment overall, Jemma! So happy you liked this vid!!

Heather, thanks so much. It's a relief to hear (especially about the beat use/pacing! [/i]
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: To Remember (TVD - Kalijah) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Wonderful edits in the beginning with Katherine/Elijah's past and then back to the present, nicely done. I really loved the beatuse with the song (THE SONG, love it Yann is wonderful) A really interesting vid. I have to say I tried to watch this show and just couldn't get into it but his character is SO interesting. I might actually enjoy the Spinoff.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really loved this. The music choice was really interesting and really complimented their bittersweet relationship.
I liked the use of the texts for the voiceovers as it really made them stand out and also I thought the colouring was really beautiful.
You did a great job of showing the complicated relationship between the two
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke, I'm glad to hear you liked my editing, particularly in the use of b&w to color and beat use (always a scary thing). I really like to experiment with color and I'm happy to hear it worked.

I agree with you, Brooke. As the seasons go, I like the main characters less and less and gravitate toward the side characters (Katherine, Caroline) and the Originals, particularly, Elijah, Klaus, and Rebekah. I really find them interesting and am excited for the spin-off.

And YES on the music. Yann is an amazing composer. I wish I could vid all of the Amelie OST.

Thanks for your lovely feedback! I'm so glad you liked this vid.

Becca, I'm thrilled you liked this vid so much, YAY! Glad the text and voiceovers worked - it was one worries because I have little experience with both. Happy to hear about the coloring too. Thanks for the great feedback!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: To Remember (TVD - Kalijah) by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Very original vid. I've never seen a TVD vid about this ship. I found it really interesting. I thought the music fit the vid really well. Great job!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Macaila! I fell in love with the ship after TVD 4x20 and I just had to make something. The music was too lovely to pass up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: