Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture Quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Picture Quality Reply with quote

How can I reduce size without reducing picture quality so badly?

I see all these vids with great picture quality despite being only 10-12MB in size, and I need to be able to get that. >.< my video right now is about 45MB at full size, and at 9.5MB the quality is HORRIBLE. Any way with, say, zip folders and stuff, and how do I do it? This project is a WMM project btw, so it either ends up as full 45MB or less than 10MB...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with WMM output options. But I output my final vid as a full size AVI and then use Dr. Divx to reduce it and change the aspect ratio to 16:9. Dr. Divx also accepts WMVs I think so maybe that will work for you too.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Divx KICKS ASS!!! THANK YOU!!! No more of that program Charmax told me about So much faster and efficient, and best of all, easy to use!!!! THANK YOU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about Sorenson Squeeze 4!! Nothing better.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dr. DivX is great for making a reasonably sized AVI with excellent picture quality. Since I export my videos from Premiere as MPEG2's I use Ulead's Video Studio to make a WMV version of my vids. For some reason that program makes excellent quality wmv's with a very small file size and I never have to fiddle with adjustments, I just use the default

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: