Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Somewhere Only We Know" by PsychoCynic (The Fall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: "Somewhere Only We Know" by PsychoCynic (The Fall Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Somewhere Only We Know" 03-15-2012
Young Alexandria has a broken arm; Roy has a broken heart. Together they realize that imagination and stories are the strongest of all remedies. HD download available upon request.
Fandom: The Fall
Song: Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 2:36 (56 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://youtu.be/OHOf24uJtP8?hd=1
http://www.4shared.com/video/hmYrlUAq/Somewhere_Only_We_Know_56mb.html

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

This was lovely! I've never heard of this fandom, but it looks really interesting.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Aww that was so wonderful! You really sold the fandom to me and made me want to check it out!! Awesome job, I thoroughly enjoyed watching!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

I don't know this fandom, but that was a really sweet vid.You certainly got me interested in this fandom. I really liked this vid! Great work!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather, thanks so much. I'm glad you liked the vid. It's rare that you've heard of this movie, but I highly recommend it. In fact, I've posted the same note I posted my original LJ entry below.

Emma, I'm thrilled that this vid had such an effect on you! Thank you so much for watching and reviewing. And please go check out the film!

Macaila, do check out movie; it's brilliant. So happy you liked my vid! Thanks so much the feedback.

Vidder's Note to anyone interested in now watching this film: If you've never seen this film, do yourself the biggest favor of the month and go rent it or whatever. Just watch it. It will stay with you your whole life. (I first watched this film in 2008 and I still consider this one of my favorite movies; so much so that I ended up vidding it 4 years later.)
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

That was beautiful, Maria! This film looks bizarre but interesting! I really enjoyed how you presented it in this vid
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, Jemma! Thanks so much for watching and reviewing. I'm glad you liked the vid without knowing about the movie.

A large part of the film is the fantasy story that Roy and Alexandria make up so that's why it might appear a little bizarre. It really is a WONDERFUL movie though. <3

Here's the official trailer, if anyone's interested. The Fall Trailer
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to check out the other video for The Fall, Maria! Lovely -- liked the lyric use and you used some well-chosen scenes in the film (then again, there are probably no bad frames in this film to choose from, as gorgeous as it is).

It is one of my fave films, no lie. More people should watch it, most definitely.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Had to check out the other video for The Fall, Maria! Lovely -- liked the lyric use and you used some well-chosen scenes in the film (then again, there are probably no bad frames in this film to choose from, as gorgeous as it is).

It is one of my fave films, no lie. More people should watch it, most definitely.

There really are no bad frames from the film to choose from. It's an exquisite movie! It shouldn't be an indie film - I wish everyone knew about this movie! Amazing!

I'm so happy you liked my lyrical use and editing, Kate. Thank you so much for the great feedback!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

This was such a great movie and so underrated. I thought you did a great job with showing the rich colors used in the film. I loved how you interpreted the song. I thought this song captured the character of the movie beautifully. I loved how you showed the intertwining scenes of her caring for him in both the story and then in the hospital; such a great idea. Again perfect song, 'Somewhere Only We Know' to me was about the story that only they knew. Great vid.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

3868 wrote:
This was such a great movie and so underrated. I thought you did a great job with showing the rich colors used in the film. I loved how you interpreted the song. I thought this song captured the character of the movie beautifully. I loved how you showed the intertwining scenes of her caring for him in both the story and then in the hospital; such a great idea. Again perfect song, 'Somewhere Only We Know' to me was about the story that only they knew. Great vid.

Hi Brooke. So sorry for the late reply, but let me start off by saying AHHHHH!!!!!!! Someone else that's seen this fantastic movie! How wonderful!

It really is an amazing film and doesn't have enough viewers, unfortunately! It's not only visually gorgeous, but emotionally as well. Takes my heart for a ride!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the song choice and my editing/coloring choices as well. The song really did lend itself to a perfect representation of the film.

AND YES YES YES. You nailed the meaning of the title/song. The story of the masked bandit and his daughter is Roy's and Alexandria's alone. Not necessarily because Roy was the storyteller and Alexandria his only audience, but also because the story was a vehicle in which they both recovered from their respective devastation.

OMG, I need to stop talking about it because I'll want to rewatch the movie! (I really should though. )

Thanks again for the great feedback, Brooke. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Beautiful vid!! I really want to see this now! Great job!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Somewhere Only We Know by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

Erin! Thanks so much for your comment. I'm really glad you liked the vid despite not knowing the film.

(YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK OUT THIS FILM!!! It will make you cry, in good and bad ways, but it will seriously have such an impact on you. Watch the link to trailer that I provided in a previous response!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: