Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think my vidding Muse is gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: I think my vidding Muse is gone Reply with quote

For the past 2 weeks, I cannot finish a video and I have at least 3-4 that is in my project folder. I start it, then I stop after a few minutes. I just can't finish. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my muse back? If I can't i might not upload any new ones for a while.

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I've been stuck in that kind of block before, it's really difficult. I might suggest trying a really short vid, something quick and fun that you can finish really quickly? Maybe it won't turn out very well, but if you can get through it, it might help. That's what sometimes helps me get my muse back into the swing of things. Good luck!

icon by becca
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck there now, Summer. I just have no inspiration to vid anything; and it's also happened before.

Watching vids (my own and others), listening to music, and watching shows sometimes gives me that push I need.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck too, Summer. I just can't seem to vid anything. Elyse & Brooke, yall both have some great suggestions! Hope those help, Summer, I'm gonna see if any of those will help me!
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try those suggestions. I also might try to vid about a show I never vidded before (Merlin) I recently got into that show and I couldn't stop watching, so I might find something there that could help me, too.

I hope you get yours back, Brooke, Heather! and thank you Elyse for the suggestion. You too, Brooke!

*EDIT* to add that I did a short video from Merlin and I was able to finish it without hardly any issues, so I think that just might help me get out of my no-muse thing.

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten back into vidding before by using the contests. Sometimes the monthly contests push me out of my comfort zone and inspire me to try something new and therefore get me back into vidding.

I usually keep notebooks full of ideas for videos and I turn to those when I lose inspiration. Sometimes my idea only consists of ' this song would work well for this show' but that is often enough to get me to listen to the song again and visualize it that way.

When I first started vidding, I'd get ideas from watching other peoples videos. I would see videos from time to time that I thought had not been executed correctly.Sometimes I thought they used the wrong character, sometimes I just thought they used the wrong clips with the lyrics. So I would redo the video the way I thought it should be done, keeping only the song and changing out all the rest of it (except occasionaly the character). This even works with older videos of your own. I've looked back at some of my first videos and now I see them completely differently than I did then.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: