Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI's Featured CM for January!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Council
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: LVI's Featured CM for January! Reply with quote

This month's Featured CM is eloramoon aka Julia!

Julia has been an active member of LVI since 2008 and on the Council since 2011. Over the years, Julia has contributed 34 vids to LVI, 24 of which are contest vids. Whether she's tackling a contest challenge or enjoying member vids, Julia continues to have fun on LVI! She is a wonderful CM and one of the brightest stars here at LVI.

1) What got you interested in vidding?

During the stone age, before we had the internet, I was inspired by movie trailers and clip compilations I'd see on TV, and I started making music videos of our home movies. I used two VCRs hooked together and my mom bought me a cheap (but effective) sound mixer to put the sound on. When I saw a fan video on the internet for the first time I was psyched and knew I wanted to do that, too.

2) Do you have a tip, trick, or technique to share?

I always print out the lyrics to the song I'm using and then I mark it up with notes about where to use certain clips, what the music/beats are doing, and look for natural divisions if I'm including multiple characters or fandoms. Sometimes I'll even get really fancy and print the lyrics out in a timeline or in storyboards. Either way, it always helps to have it laid out in front of me so I can see what I'm doing next.

3) What are your favorite current fandoms?

The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Boardwalk Empire, and Aubrey-Maturin are my current favorites.

4) What was your first vid and what is your favorite vid you've done?

I guess my first vid was technically one I made on the VCRs about the cruise I took with my family to the Bahamas, set to Enya's Caribbean Blue. My first fandom vid was "Penelope's Song", a Lost/DesPenny vid that is reeeally slow, but pretty, I think. My favorite is probably "What I Saw Was Beautiful".

5) Do you have any goals as far as skill improvement or dream projects?

Improve ALL the skills! Really, I am always hoping to grow and learn as a vidder. Dream project-wise, I have a few ambitious vids I'd love to do someday. Getting clips is always the challenge, though.

6) Your videos always have a creative & interesting storyline. How do you come up with them?

Thanks! I'm inspired by all sorts of things. Sometimes it's the music, sometimes it's little seeds the fandom plants that I grab hold of and try to grow into something, and very often it's the contests that get the wheels in my head turning. Actually, now that I think of it, sometimes it's a combination of those things.

7) How do you choose the different textures & coloring you use in your vids?

I usually have a really basic idea of what I want--gritty, flowery, colorful, with text or patterns, or animated--usually based on the music and mood I want to acheive. Then I just scour the internet until I find something that clicks. Google Image Search and YouTube are my favorite resources.

Featured Videos:

One Piece for Another || Lost - a unique AU showing what happened to Claire after leaving Jacob's cabin.
In the End (The Promise) || Lost - a sweet, happy tribute to love and friendship in Lost.
What I Saw Was Beautiful || Lost - a nearly ten minute re-cap of Lost which won 2nd place in the August 2010 contest

Thanks for all the hard work you do at LVI, Julia!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Julia!!! You are SUCH an amazing CM & vidder & friend! *big hugs*

Awesome interview - I love that you do the print-out-the-lyrics thing exactly like I do.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Julia; how neat to hear what you did with VCR's. That's really cool.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
Awesome interview - I love that you do the print-out-the-lyrics thing exactly like I do.

Dito
I don't do it for every vid, but still very often. It helps a lot.

Loved your interview, Julia! I hope to see lots and lots new vids from you in the future. Still hoping for a Game of Thrones vid, too *fingers crossed*
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your tip about the lyrics, Julia! May try that sometime
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome answers, Julia! I love your dedication. <3

art by me&tammy
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Julia!

That's very cool how you used to make videos using two VCR's.

I always enjoy your videos. My favorite is your Jate video called Calamitous Fate.

Macaila
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Julia!! I loved reading your interview and I love all of your videos, they're always so great in so many ways!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: