Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Silent Night" by Jemmz (Joyeux Noël)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: "Silent Night" by Jemmz (Joyeux Noël) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Silent Night" 12-12-2012
December 2012 Contest Submission. On Christmas Eve, 1914, the French, German, and British soldiers laid down their weapons to fraternise with the enemy in what became one of the most incredible events in history.
Fandom: Joyeux Noël
Song: Silent Night by Sinead O Connor
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 2:36 (78.9 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiFBoTpsCyE&feature=youtu.be

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

This was such a great movie and story. I thought you did it justice. The vid was just breathtaking.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brooke!!

It really is an amazing movie, I'm so glad you thought I did it justice!!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard or watched this movie, but it definitely seems like something I would enjoy.

This was a really touching vid, Jemma. Incredibly bittersweet, more so because this movie was based on a real-life event (at least, that's what my 8th grade history teacher said happened). I just loved your scene selections toward the end; even though I didn't know the movie/characters, I found myself tearing up.

One scene that really got to me was the first "sleep in heavenly peace" with the dead soldiers. Another was seeing the enemy soldiers converse and play football (should I not be saying that because I'm American; I feel like Ross Gellar, lol) and genuinely enjoy each other's company! And then that shot of Diane Kruger (I don't know who she was supposed to be playing, but considering she's a German actress, I'm going to assume she was a German character) and the man in bed (possibly someone on the enemy's side), glazing up at the stars through the open roof and spotting the crucifix (of hope, of peace), only to be paralleled with those crosses in the cemetery ground ... OUCH, a billion OUCHES.

This definitely hit me in the Christmas feels, remembering that it's a time to put to bed any grievances and embrace the good in humanity! A certainly worthy submission to LVI's December contest. Best of luck, sweetie!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh such a lovely comment!! Thank you Maria!!

I always cry when I watch this movie. It is so wonderfully bittersweet. You must watch it!! I bet you will love it. I'm so glad you liked my vid (btw, I shall imagine you saying 'football' in that way that Ross does LOL). Yes Diane played a German singer who (amazingly) snuck into the trenches during the truce with her husband. I'm glad you liked that bit too You got the theme of the vid exactly, I'm glad it gave you Christmassy feels, lol! Thank you so much xxx
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

Lovely vid, Jemma! History was my favorite subject (and major) in college and I remember learning about this. I changed my major for my next degree, but your vid reminds me all over again why I love history so much. Wonderful job!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

Wow, that was gorgeous, Jemma. I don't remember learning about this event, so your vid gave me a history lesson! Great work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Macaila and Heather! Glad you liked the vid, this is one of my favourite events in history
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I still haven't seen this film - especially since this seems to be a partly German production.
That was really beautiful and bittersweet, Jemma! That last scene with the graves left me with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. So sad!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see it, it's one of my favourites!!! It's a French film but it is a collaboration between all three, and I like how it doesn't matter which country you're from since the film is in French, English and German and you can have subtitles for any one you don't understand

So glad you liked it! Thanks for your comment
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

That was really beautiful, Jemma! I remember learning about that in history, but I didn't know about the movie. Will definitely check it out! You did an amazing job with this. So touching!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Julia! Yay definitely check it out!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

Wow, what a stunning and touching video, Jemma! Gorgeous! I haven't seen the film yet, but I recorded it when it was on tv the other day after I saw you were praising it. Can't wait to watch it now!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emma! Yay glad you recorded it! Enjoy!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Silent Night by Jemmz Reply with quote

Beautiful vid, Jemma! So sweet and lovely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: