Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI's Featured Member for December!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Council
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: LVI's Featured Member for December! Reply with quote

This month's Featured Member is the brilliant and talented Sophie (starryeyesxx)!

Sophie has been a member of LVI since 2006 and has contributed a whopping 92 vids to the site since then! Sophie's videos are always entertaining, unique and brilliantly edited. Vidding many different fandoms, she has made excellent AUs, character studies, crossovers and shippy vids that show off her talent in masking, colouring and manips. We are always looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next!

1) What got you interested in vidding?

I was a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan back in the day (and still am), so the first videos I saw were Buffy ones. I knew pretty much straight away that I wanted to try vidding myself, so I taught myself to use windows movie maker and started vidding Buffy.

2) Do you have a tip, trick, or technique to share?

Hmm, I don't know if I have any tricks that nobody else doesn't already know....a lot of people ask me about how I make my manips, and I generally use masking, but sometimes it doesn't look very smooth when some turns of moves around a lot and you have to use a lot of keyframes. So sometimes I make several video tracks with the same clip I want to mask on each, then mask just a second or so at a time and then have the clips fade into each other, it's time consuming, but makes some manips look a lot better. I don't know if I explained that very well, but some people might find it useful.

3) What are your favorite current fandoms?

I'm currently having a Supernatural rewatch, which is a show I love, though I don't vid it very often at all. I'm also enjoying Hart of Dixie a lot at the moment and am waiting for some more good clips of my fave couple (Zoe/Wade) so that I can vid them soon!

4) What was your first vid and what is your favorite vid you've done?

I honestly can't remember. I know that it was a Buffy video, but I made a lot very quickly (which was easy, because they weren't very good) and I actually lost them all when the computer I had at the time crashed. The oldest video I made that I still have saved is frm 2000, so it was a very long time ago!

As for my fave video, I really couldn't say. Every video I make and love, I then try to top it with my next one!

5) Do you have any goals as far as skill improvement or dream projects?

I like doing AU vids and have lots of ideas for storylines, and I always liked the idea of doing an au miniseries, I've done a couple before, so once I've worked out whether my ideas are viable or not, I can hopefully get started on another one. I also want to start experimenting more with crossovers between different fandoms.

6) You have made so many great AUs with some beautiful manips and excellent masking. What do you find most challenging with these kind of vids?

I think not getting frustrated and giving up is a big part of it. Sometimes, I try and build an entire video just around one scene that I had though of beforehand, and it can get pretty exhausting trying to find other scenes that can be manipped. Then when it actually comes to making the manips, patience is quite important and sometimes I do just want to give up on the video. So, I think that's probably the biggest obstacle when it comes to au vids.

7) There is a wide variety of fandoms that you vid. How do you get inspired for your videos and how do you decide which fandom to vid and when?

Generally I just listen to a song and it will make me think of a certain character or ship and I'll decide to vid it. I keep a list of videos I want to make, otherwise I'd have so many unfinished projects, so I make videos in batches. I go through the list, pick out about 20 vids or so from different fandoms, then I'm not allowed to start anymore projects until I've finished all of those videos.

Featured Videos:

Where We Belong - a wonderfully upbeat tribute to "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

Can't Help Falling In Love - a heartbreakingly beautiful video showcasing the relationship and bond between George and Izzie from "Grey's Anatomy".

I Don't Understand - An excellent and angsty character study of John Locke from "Lost".[

Thank you, Sophie!

(Don't know what the Featured Member is? Read here to learn more. )

Last edited by LVI Council on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Sophie, keep up the awesome work!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats; awesome to hear you're a fellow Buffy fan, and your tips on masking were great. Thanks.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Sophie! Some of your vids are my favs on the site!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Sophie! I'm a huge fan of your vids! <3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Sophie!

That's a really cool tip about how you mask your clips.

Macaila
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Sophie! you're videos always make me smile/laugh and I enjoy each and every one of them, no matter what its about. your tips are helpful, too!

starryeyesxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much everybody, I didn't know that many people really took notice of my videos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: