Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kate/Jack - I Shall Believe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktparker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Kate/Jack - I Shall Believe Reply with quote

I'd just like some feedback, if that's alright. (I realize the song is long, I just really like it. So if that's one of the big things which caused its rejection, I guess there's nothing I can do.) This video was the result of procrastination at the worst possible time (right before my accounting midterm). Unfortunately, I won't be able to make revisions for a few days since I have another one on Wednesday. But I'd love it if I could get some suggestions to think about when I'm not focused on CVP analysis... (fun stuff).

I Shall Believe
Please "save target as..." -- it's on a school account!

THANKS!

(Oh, and if LAURA4LAD sees this post, I just wanted to tell you that I've been watching your Sonny and Carly videos for a long time and they're great!)[/url][/i]
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest things that causes the rejection were probably size and speed. It was a very nice, pleasant look at Jack and Kate, and I'd be surprised to find someone on here who wouldn't like it if they focused on it, but that's the key, focusing hard on it, because you end up just zoning out to the music kinda putting the "video" part in the backseat... It's a good video actually, as far as most videos go, from watching it right now. It still doesn't have any especially unique features or anything, but at least it's done well. Could use a little less randomness in the clips (or appearance of randomness) and more of a plotline, but that's nothing really much to say.
The good news is it got you out of studying. That's a true thing to be proud of.
but yeah... I don't think there's much to change with this video without changing the entire thing, so if you get the time to make a music video, take the time to create a new, original, awesome one from scratch, and I'm sure it'll get in!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ktparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling that was why it was rejected. I was watching it the other day and the end really bored me. The videos I've made in the past (General Hospital) were definitely the opposite of this one (i.e., shorter and faster). I am planning to make a new one after my next midterm, so hopefully you like it.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSSST--they don't know about my S&C fetish LOL. Anyways this is a nice-clean edited video. The major problem is the song. You know i love this song and have used it before, but the lost vidding crowd is much harder to please with the videos. (shippers not so much--show any Charlie and Claire vid to a shipper and they go nuts). You obviously have awesome vidding skills, but you need to grab our attention by

1. not doing a video completely in slow motion. Beautiful concept, and for this song--but we all have ADD LOL.

2. Me Personally, I'm looking for all videos to have quicker scene cuts. Even for slow songs you can get away with it (check out criminal).

I'm not completely sure if i've seen your videos or if you were on NOL, but from the looks of this you do have talent. If you need any help or advice feel free to pm me hon-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ktparker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's not in slow motion. It's kinda funny that it came off that way, I guess. Odd, also. Most of the scenes also have quick cuts -- the few that don't are because of timing, mostly. Thanks for your advice though. I am actually going to make a new one right now (or as soon as I find a song).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: