Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revolution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Revolution Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

You guys! This is my favorite setting! This looks AMAZING!!!

http://youtu.be/q0LK_G8ZQrs
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Elizabeth Mitchell has joined the cast!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm SO excited for this.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A plane crash, a Charlie, the type writer/comp screen, this is so a JJ show And EM to boot!

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else catch the extended preview during the Olympics? Lots of Elizabeth! <3 <3 <3

I am soooooooooooo freaking excited about this show! I just wish it wasn't so similar to a story I wrote a few years back. Even the protagonist's name is the same, but mine is spelled differently. Gah!

Still, can't wait!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I saw it and EM in the beginning! Can't wait!! It doesn't seem like she's in it much though. Does anyone know if she signed on for an entire season or just a few episodes?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nik i'm finding multiple articles listing her as a series regular

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/revolution-nbc-elizabeth-mitchell-lost-jj-abrams-343674
http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/revolution-elizabeth-mitchell-joins-cast-of-j-j-abrams-eric-kripke-nbc-series-as-regular/

Is this the promo they played for you guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHa3nK5_3Us

I love that she's in the flashbacky parts with the little girl, so handy for vidding! So she'll either be in flashbacks only or hopefully pop up in the "new world" when Charlie finds her!

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks so good!! I already love the main girl.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! That's the extended preview we got, Kat!

It sounds like Revolution will follow Lost's flashback format, so I think that's why EM will still be a regular, even if she'll only be in the past parts.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the Pilot? What did you all think?

As a viewer of both Lost and Supernatural (aka, JJ Abrams and Eric Kripke both worked on Revolution), I saw a lot more of Abrams's influence than Kripke's. Anyone agree or disagree or didn't see it one way or the other?
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched! I have some mixed feelings. For the most part I really enjoyed it. I loved seeing Elizabeth Mitchell, of course, and I really liked Charlie. What's funny is I didn't think I was going to like her from the preview, but I really did. I also love the guy who plays the uncle. I liked him in Twilight so it's fun to see him in something different.

I really loved seeing this take on life 15 years after society collapses. This is the stuff I write, so it was like candyland for me. I love the domestic side of post-apocalypse most of all.

(episode spoilers below...)

Spoiler:

I'm not sure about the other characters, though. I think I like the dad's girlfriend, but at the same time she reminded me too much of what I would expect Elizabeth Mitchell's character to be like in that scenario, if that makes any sense? It seems like the characters would be too similar. I'm sort of intrigued by the big Google nerd, but he just seemed to be Hurley re-visited, which I thought was kind of lame. I also didn't like the way he just sat there when poor Charlie and the other woman were about to be raped. I am kind of intrigued by the boy with the bow and arrow, but he hasn't wowed me yet.

I think the main thing I wasn't sure about is I really thought her quest to find her uncle would take longer than ten minutes. It seemed like that journey would be a significant part of the first season, so now I'm kind of at a loss as to what they're going to do next. I mean, I know they're going to go after the brother, but I'm just not seeing how they're going to fill out a whole season. I'm not sure whether I'm intrigued or annoyed by the fact that some people do have power. I'd thought it a scientific reason (like a solar flare) that knocked the power out. I think they're really going to have to make the reason it's gone and some people have it really believable for me to accept it.

Having said all of that, I can't wait for the next episode!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you other Walking Dead fans notice that they shot parts of the pilot at the same quarry? http://abandonedplaces.livejournal.com/2500312.html?nojs=1
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat did and I told her you looked it up and it was the same!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
Did any of you other Walking Dead fans notice that they shot parts of the pilot at the same quarry? http://abandonedplaces.livejournal.com/2500312.html?nojs=1

That bit where she meets Nate looks so much like that scene in TWD finale after they escape from the farm, or maybe that was me imagining it.

I liked the first ep and surprisingly I liked Charlie too. I don't know why that's so surprising but I guess I'm always a bit iffy with new people.

I saw a lot of JJ Abrams in this, and Eric Kripke (two dudes listening to rock in a classic car, I guess).

For me the show is a bit too conventional...not sure how to explain it, but the Nate thing is typical - a 'bad guy' who is actually a good guy and saves the girl etc etc. I didn't care for that. I love the plot of the show though and the settings are beautifully done
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really liked Charlie. What's funny is I didn't think I was going to like her from the preview, but I really did. I also love the guy who plays the uncle. I liked him in Twilight so it's fun to see him in something different.

I like Charlie too! She kinda reminds me a tad of Evi Lilly and then I figured out its b/c they are both Canadian and say their words the same way! They also cry talk the same way! LOL! And she's 24 and I think that Evi was that age when she shot the Lost Pilot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: