Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Charlie/Claire videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: 2 Charlie/Claire videos Reply with quote

Two of my vids made it onto the site (Flying my Guilt Over A Quilt and Wannabe), but alas, my Charlie/Claire ones didn't. I'd love some feedback on them, as I like them a lot, but they need improvement.

Right click & save target as:

The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice
http://ail.hopelessly-devoted.net/C&C_BlowersDaughter.zip

Fair by Remy Zero
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FJNGCK48V57P1UOKB8HECGC43

Thanks in advance!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fo one, Charlie Claire ones are generally a very hard genre to do and stand out in without some really unique features. Much of what we get are Charlie/Claire ones, and the only ones that get through have a really interesting feauture to them.
That said, lets see the videos... hmmmm....

Blower's Daughter: Pretty good as a Charlie/Claire video, but it's soooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooowwww, which is more that song than the actual editing, but nonetheless there are a number of times where it could gdo with a faster scene, or more passionate scene, to accentuate the song. I actually don't have that many complaints about this video, it's just very hard to set apart from other Charlie/Claire vids. And the sound coming through during the song is usually never a plus to a video, but I don't find I mind it much. Finally, it could use more of a plot, but at least this has one, which is good.
I think it's more death by song selection than anything else...

Fair: Most of what I said above fits this video too. But my biggest complaint would just be that the viewer gets lost in the video. You lose track of where the video is going, just kinda zone out, and I'm the kinda guy who really loves a sort of story to the video rather than just a zone-out piece. Since that is a lot harder to do, I give points accordingly for it, and that's why I didn't end up giving this my vote. I do see, however, the work at certain spots and such to make a good effort on the video, and I'm really glad to see them!

As far as needing to change anything... I don't know if you'd really want to.. often making changes is more work than making a NEW one from scratch, even. I'd much rather you just keep these videos here for people to see, at least for a little while, and then make some cool new original piece for submission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: As a rule, I would almost always suggest making a new vid as opposed to re-working an old one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's really helpful. I do actually have a new vid in the process, and I'm going to take that information and use it for that instead of tweaking my old ones.

Thanks again.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm writing a paper that i have been procrastinating on for a week, so this is the perfect opportunity to continue. I'll comment on Snowblower's Daughter since i too had the unfortunate opportunity to make a video to this song. This song is nice, but it has two lines that just play over..and over..and over again. It is a VERY difficult song to made a substancial vid to. I am a charlie and claire fan, but there just isn't enough footage of them together to fill the need for this repeating chorus. I can't comment on the second one right now because this paper is due tomorrow and i gotta get my head out of my ass, but--Will rewatch and give a detailed reaction. Other than that the first video was good, but the song is a handicap for MVs. Honey the two videos that did get through are terrific and i am looking forward to your future videos. Don't let the rejects let you down---like my tramatic snowblower version you just have to learn and move on. OK now off to work-wish me luck-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback LAURA4LAD, it was actually quite helpful. Glad I could assist with partial procrastination.

Yes, I did fall prey to the simple beauty of that song, but you're right. It's nice to listen too, not so great for vids. I think the reason I picked it because I was still messing around with sounds clips (my first attempt being in the second video). I hate it when vidders put people talking over lyrics, so I wanted a song with some good pauses in between.

Thanks so much for the compliments, too! Hopefully I'll be able to get more videos up in the future.
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted another C/C video, but alas, it didn't make the cut. I tried to make it different from other C/C videos by adding some angst into it. I was wondering if I could get some feedback?

"Beautiful Goodbye" by Amanda Marshall

This video is about the angst in Charlie & Claire's realtionship since Claire lost her memory. It also deals with some memories of happier times.

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=372BGURXD9AUP13TNM3MVG56WF
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, it's rare to see a Charlie Claire vid that well done... and we had a very close vote to see if it would get through or not. It almost made it, but then it didn't... Talk to one of the others, and maybe they can clear up what went wrong with it better than I can...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here:

I got an email saying my videos I'm Too Sexy (Sawyer) and I Hate Everything About You (Charlie) were accepted, but they haven't been added to the site. I can send them again, if needed.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that we have a lot of videos that have been accepted waiting in line to be posted. We post them in the order they passed the council, so please be patient, you should see them up soon.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I wasn't sure cause sometimes you post a few vids and other times there are 11, lol. Thanks for the update.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we don't exactly have a system ready yet still for that LOL
there are still a few left to be judged from LAST MONTH just because a certain judge here or ther couldn't get around to them while they were in a tied state
as long as you haven't gotten the email yet, then it PROBABLY just hasn't finished with the vote yet. Though I say proabbly because sometimes the emails don't go through right for some reason
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to check on my video "Walkie Talkie Man" that I sent it about 2-3 weeks ago. I haven't heard back yet if it was rejected or not, so I wanted to check and make sure it got through. My other video (Cold Hard Bitch) that I sent a few days ago came back as accepted, so I'm thinking maybe my first one didn't get through.

Mind letting me know when you have a chance?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOOPS!!!! okay.... umm...... uh....... I'll be right back with you

thank you for telling me there. Somehow one of us overlooked it in the email (probably me.... >.<) and forgot to post it in the voting forum >.<
arggggggg.... sorry >.<
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW I know why I missed it! You resent the info thing because you supposedly messed it up, but you didn't attach a video, or a yousendit link in the second email, and I didn't see the yousendit link in the FIRST one because I thought it was the LOSTMEDIA link >.<
So the moral of the story is.... Nobody use those stupid yousendit links anymore because it confuses poor Warren... >.< if it's under 10MB, then there should be no reason why you can't just attach it to the email like we like it... because NOW we have to wait for you to resend it... this is like the 4th YouSendIt incident... I hope we can enforce the rule to ban that annoying thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: