Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Losing Your Memory" by KajaM (The Walking Dead)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: "Losing Your Memory" by KajaM (The Walking Dead) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Losing Your Memory" 07-12-2012
... the damage is done. A summary of all the hardships and losses our group of survivors had to struggle through so far and how it has affected and changed them.
Fandom: The Walking Dead
Song: Losing Your Memory by Ryan Star
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 5:06 (150MB wmv)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3YpHfcL02E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3YpHfcL02E

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STUNNING Karolina!! I definitely teared up cos I knew I would see Amy and Sophia during the "wake up little girl" parts And Carol ripping up the cherokee roses seems to be able to break my heart repeatedly

Excellent lyric use, I particularly loved the "just remember who I am" parts with the montage of the ones we've lost and then Andrea shooting Amy

This is definitely my new fave vid of yours!! xxxxx

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow this was beautiful i got very teary watching, great video!!

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH Karolina this is so so good! I had chills the entire time!! For some reason the part that made me the saddest was the scenes of Rick and Shane as friends and then trying to kill each other...its so sad they forgot they loved each other and those lyrics "You're loosing your memory now" just made it 10 times sadder! And of course the scenes of Andrea and her sis were just so sad with this music!! Great work!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

So wonderful! I love this song and it made your video so awesome because it fits really well with TWD. I got teary eyed when it shows all who died, makes me wish they were still around. I loved your coloring, clip use and the parts were the lyrics fit so perfectly with a scene. Loved it all!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much everyone!!! I'm so happy to read all those wonderful comments!! <3<3<3

Kat: Thank you so much, love!! You know, this is one of those very very rare vids that I'm actually very pleased with (because there's usually always something that I'm not happy about in my vids), so I'm happy to hear that you liked it so much!
Yes, the "little girl" part just had to be about Sophia and Amy and I'm with you on the Cherokee Rose thing. My heart always bleeds when I see Carol ripping them apart

Sophie: Thank you!! I was totally aiming for teary eyes This song though!!! It keeps breaking my heart over and over again!

Nikki: Oh Gods, yes, Shane & Rick, I know!!! It's sure been one of the saddest parts of the show so far. I'll greatly miss their bromance!
Thank you so much for your comment! <3<3<3

Summer: Thank you so much! Yeah, I know... we have lost so many great characters so far And so many of them still had a lot of potential. It's gonna get harder and harder know to see someone die on the show *sigh*
I'm glad you enjoyed the vid though! I've been obsessively working on that one for days
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

The opening part of the song; did you add the echo effect, cause if so...chilling. The opening with 'Losing your memory now' was so incredible; those shots and how you slowed them down was beautiful. This was just such a beautiful video; loved the coloring and the border used here. Perfect song to go along with this vid. I loved that you included the whole cast into this. I also loved the clips you chose for the "I loved you all my life" Lyric ; IE when Morgan tries to shoot his wife and he just can't do it. WOW 'wake up it's time little girl' perfect. PERFECT SONG if I hadn't said it already.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

That was probably the saddest fan video I've ever seen! Definitely the saddest WD one! Andrea raising the gun to Amy's temple on "This is the end" is what really got me. No matter how many times I watch it that moment never gets any less devastating and is why I have endless sympathy and respect for Andrea as a character. I can only imagine how horrifically painful that would be! I also loved how you used the scene of Sophia coming out of the barn for "Wake up, it's time, little girl" and the parts with Jenner and Morgan and their wives and Rick killing Shane. You did a great job of conveying the hopelessness of their situation and how they're doomed to lose everyone they love eventually. But that emotion is what makes the show so amazing and keeps us coming back for more torture!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

That was awesome, Karolina!!! So heartbreaking but so well done!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke: Thanks so much!! No, I didn't have to add the echo effect at the beginning of the song. All I did was put two different versions of the song together, because the one I originally used for the whole vid didn't have that echo intro... I wanted to have it so badly!! So I snagged it from a different - a bit slower, calmer and less dramatic - version of the song and added it at the beginnig of the song.
Eeeehhhh, anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the vid and I'm happy that you mentioned the "I would've have loved you all my life" parts with Jenner and Morgan because those are my favourite parts, too

Samara: Thank you!!! I was totally aiming for "saddest vid ever" I don't expect that we'll get to see a lot of happiness on the show but I'm totally with you here: The great cast and the emotions make me come back and torture myself all over again. *sigh* This show!!!

Julia: Thank you!!! I so hope that you will get into the show, too, because I can totally see us fangirling over Daryl & Carol together!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

Awesome vid. Love the scene choices and your editing... very effective.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Losing Your Memory by KajaM Reply with quote

Wow, that was gorgeous, Karolina! Love the song!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Rob & Heather!! I really appreciate it!! <3<3<3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: