Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This eppy was sooo good! I practically loved every scene.

The end scene was so damn epic! The look on Krazynys's face when Dany starting talking Valyrian. That's my mothertongue, bitch! It get gave me shivers and when the Unsullied were stamping their spears.

Queen of Thorns and Cersei <3 Would have liked to have seen her dig her nails in Cersei a bit but them finding some common ground was interesting too.

VARYS Oh how I have missed my dickless friend. We finally got the story of how he was cut and then he had the sorceror in that chest or whatever LOL love it.

Jaime and Brienne again.. AMAZING. What more needs to be said?

Sansa and Margarey scene was really touching. Hopefully they can be best buddies this season.

Beric Dondarrion is really cool. Love Arya bringing up Micah again to the Hound. That has always been my beef with him when he's being humanised with Sansa so it was nice for that to come back to bite him.

Even Theon getting some love mentioning Ned as his 'real dad' That was so sweet. Hopefully viewers will sympathise with him a little bit now. Hello BOB. I was like Welcome to the Dreadfort Theon At least I presume it's the Dreadfort..

Commander Mormont You bastard, Rast. I hate you please die. Time for Sam to come into his own saving Gilly.

Defintely my fave of the season
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The end scene was so damn epic! The look on Krazynys's face when Dany starting talking Valyrian. That's my mothertongue, bitch! It get gave me shivers and when the Unsullied were stamping their spears.

Yeah, that scene was absolutely amazing!! It gave me some hope that Dany's story won't be as dull as it sometimes was in the books. I wonder if they'll do a good job on the Dany moments from ADWD because I absolutely hated most of them, to be honest.

Quote:
VARYS Oh how I have missed my dickless friend. We finally got the story of how he was cut and then he had the sorceror in that chest or whatever LOL love it.

I missed him too!!!! So glad that he had some more scenes in this ep. I also loved the conversation he had with the Queen of Thorns. It's lovely how he both loves and admires Littlefinger at the same time. They'd totally be my OTP if I didn't hate LF so much
I have tpo say though that I'm a little disappointed that they're making LF's plans quite so obvious. I wish they'd keep us (or I should rather say the viewers who haven't read the books) a little more in doubt about his reasons and motivations.

Quote:
Jaime and Brienne again.. AMAZING. What more needs to be said?

No kidding! They could easily run the show entirely by themselves and I would still love and enjoy every single moment of it! <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Sansa and Margarey scene was really touching. Hopefully they can be best buddies this season.

Yeah, well, what can I say. We all know that
Spoiler:

Sansa's happiness won't last long

I wish they'd hurry up with with that BotB/Arya/Hound storyline. I'm dying to see the Swordfight and
Spoiler:

Arya & Sandor being on the road together!!!

I agree with you, Paul, that it's great to see the darker side of the Hound again and see him being faced with his own crimes. I have to admit though that the fangirl part of me was all like "Hell yes!!!" when he said that he wasn't like his brother!

Quote:
Even Theon getting some love mentioning Ned as his 'real dad' That was so sweet. Hopefully viewers will sympathise with him a little bit now.

I feel for Theon and yes, that was a bittersweet moment. But, unlike Jaime and Sandor, I don't think I'll ever be able to like him. I don't know why, it's just different than with the other two.

Quote:
Commander Mormont You bastard, Rast. I hate you please die. Time for Sam to come into his own saving Gilly.

It makes me so sad when I think about Jorah and Jeor never seeing each other again and never beeing able to talk and forgive and forget
I'm definitely looking forward to
Spoiler:

Sam the Slayer though!!! I so hope they'll give us that moment!

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode soooo much!

That ending was epic! Easily my favorite scene so far next to the wildfire exploding on the bay last season. I had goosebumps!

Boy, they are reeeeeally dragging out the reveal of
Spoiler:

Roose Bolton, aren't they? Even when he brought Theon back to the Dreadfort, we didn't get much about who he is other than not who Theon thought he was.

It occurred to me later that we got nothing of Theon during this time in the books, so it is interesting that the show is filling in this time for us. I really loved the addition of his thoughts about making the wrong choice and about Ned being his "real" father. Of course I cried. I have such a soft spot for Theon, and seeing all of this play out is going to be really difficult.

I also loved the QoT/Varys, QoT/Cersei, Margaery/Sansa scenes. And, OMG!!! What about the scene with Tywin and Cersei! That was AMAZING! I do have more sympathy for Cersei since book five, but I still really love to see her get smacked down a peg or two.

Loved, loved, LOVED seeing Beric finally and the bit with the Hound. I loved the way he spit after he said his brother is still alive. And honestly, though it was still wrong that he killed Micah and I'm certainly not excusing it, I found his honesty about "just following orders" to be very poignant, because it really illustrated the fact that Arya's blame is misplaced--he was just doing his job, which wasn't to question orders but to carry them out. The order was given by Joffrey himself, and Sandor really had no choice but to follow it. At that point especially, because Robert was still king and I think to some degree, Sandor must have respected the king or he wouldn't have stuck around to play babysitter to a bratty tween.

And... GO SAM!!!

I'm so excited for next week!

P.S. I forgot to say that I'm with you, Karolina--I am disappointed that they've been so transparent about the Littlefinger/Sansa rescue.
Spoiler:

In the books, the reveal that Petyr was behind her rescue was sooo amazing! I'm sad we're not getting that here. That is why I'm hoping that, at the very least, Littlefinger will appear to leave without her and she will be crushed, and then after the PW she will be whisked away by Dontos or some random man under Littlefinger's thumb, and then she gets there and Petyr has come back for her. That could salvage at least some of that drama, I think.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:

And honestly, though it was still wrong that he killed Micah and I'm certainly not excusing it, I found his honesty about "just following orders" to be very poignant, because it really illustrated the fact that Arya's blame is misplaced--he was just doing his job, which wasn't to question orders but to carry them out. The order was given by Joffrey himself, and Sandor really had no choice but to follow it. At that point especially, because Robert was still king and I think to some degree, Sandor must have respected the king or he wouldn't have stuck around to play babysitter to a bratty tween.
]

Robert was king at this point so it wasn't a king's order. There is no way Robert would have condoned this even if Micah had struck Joffrey. I still think The Hound could have done something to help Micah. Either say he was killed when he wasn't or say he ran away were options but he never considered any of them. If he had killed say Rickon or Bran more readers would hate him regardless of the 'following orders' thing. Micah was a young child and one of Arya's close friends. She has every right to blame him. Sorry this is a bit of a sore point with me

KajaM wrote:

Yeah, that scene was absolutely amazing!! It gave me some hope that Dany's story won't be as dull as it sometimes was in the books. I wonder if they'll do a good job on the Dany moments from ADWD because I absolutely hated most of them, to be honest.

Spoiler:

Unfortunately this period is the last time for a while Dany's story is interesting or exciting. When she flees the slaves in Meereen and they chant her name should be good though. Perhaps they will change stuff up to make it more engaging? I would welcome that for future seasons anyway..

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new thought has just ocurred to me concerning Littlefinger:

Spoiler:

In the books, it has never been mentioned - or maybe I should say "verbalized" - that LF wanted to marry Sansa himself. It was all about Sansa and Harry the Heir, although I must admit that I kept wondering over and over again if LF, in fact, didn't intend to marry Sansa himself.

Sooo.... since they are being so obvious and straightforward about LF's true plans and intentions on the show at such an early stage, I'm wondering if the showrunners know something that we - the book readers - don't know yet.... or if they're simply doing some bold changes from the books and some bold foreshadowing/guessing of what "might happen" in the books.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Do you think it's possible that we will never "meet" Harry the Heir in the books - only hear about him (see Willas Tyrell) - because LF will reveal his true intentions of marrying Sansa himself in TWOW???

I also had this strong feeling that the line "Sansa Stark is the key to the North" may be a HUGE pointer to what may happen in the future books.... didn't you?

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The showrunners *definitely* know what GRRM's plans are. I was actually coming here to post a link about that very thing!

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/04/ask-a-got-writer-bryan-cogman-on-the-writing-process-robb-and-talisa-and-renlys-peach/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's very interesting!!!
Looks like we'll have to pay even more attention now to all the changes they make on the show because they could all be pointers to some of the events in book 6 and 7.

With that in mind... and going back to LF/Sansa, I still wonder though why they make LF's plans so obvious?? Unless they're planning to come up with some unexpected twist??
Magda argued that - with so many storylines and so many characters and so little time to tell all those stories on the show - they would have to make some things more obvious and easier to follow for those viewers who haven't read the books and thus haven't spent quite so much time with the characters as we have.
That's a good point, seeing how much I always have to explain to Magda while we're watching the new eps together. Cinthia (Cylune), for instance, is a rather casual viewer of the show and she told me the other day that she gets completely lost with many of the storylines. So, yeah, that could definitely be a reason.

Now, here's one point that I find rather odd though:

In the books...
Spoiler:

... no one really seems to know what happened to Sansa, where she is, if she's still alive because her rescue through LF was such a suprising twist.

I'm really worried by the fact that by the end of AFFC no one still seems to know where Sansa is and I wonder how, when, where and by whom she'll be found.

On the show, however, at least two people (Varys and QoT) are aware of LF's plans and thus will know what happened when Sansa disappears.
That makes a huge different, especially for a potential rescue mission of Sansa's from LF's grasp.... unless, of course, Varys and QoT won't give a damn about what happened to Sansa with all the other chaos and confusion going on after Joffrey's death.

Argh, this whole thing is still such a mystery to me!!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and going back to my earlier statement:

Spoiler:

So, umm, with LF's plans already being revealed on the show, I ready to believe that we may not even meet Harry the Heir in the books - or if we do, he may not play a big and important part in Sansa's storyline.

I'm willing to believe that, the closer they get to meeting Harry the Heir, the more LF will realize that he's made a "mistake" because he wants Sansa for himself (due to his creepy obsession with Cat) and he will change his mind. I think it's entirely possible that he might tell Sansa about his plans and she will try to escape (or he will somehow reveal her true identity at a very unfavorable moment and she will then be found and rescued by someone).

[/spoiler]
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder about that myself, Karolina.
Spoiler:

It seems to me that, in the books, Littlefinger's plan was always to secure the Vale through Lysa and the North through Sansa. When you think about it, it doesn't really make sense for him to actually let the Sansa/Harry marriage plan play out. Because then Harry Hardyng is the Lord of the Vale AND has power over Winterfell through Sansa, and unless Petyr somehow thinks he can control Harry, that wouldn't mean anything to him. So, I think he planned all along to kill Lysa, be made Lord Protector of the Vale, kill Robert, and marry Sansa for Winterfell, and that the Harry/Sansa marriage plans is just a ruse to bide him some time. The fact that they are diving straight into the Petyr/Sansa marriage plans in the show makes me think that even more. Because there is SO much emphasis on it, it wouldn't really make sense if the Harry the Heir thing comes up now. It would just confuse things so much.

I also wonder if they're going to drop the Alayne Stone thing. I hope not. But it seems like half of King's Landing knows Petyr's plan to take Sansa. Because it isn't just Varys and the Queen of Thorns. It's also Roz and potentially any number of people who might have found out from the three of them. It's like, why bother hiding it now?

I don't want the season to wrap up too quickly, but part of me is anxious to see how all of this will play out.

Also...

I have a new fear. I just saw the preview for Sunday's episode again. There is a scene that makes me VERY nervous...
Spoiler:

the scene with Tywin, Cersei, and Tyrion sitting around the table and Tywin says something like, "There is a plot, and we need to act fast." And then Tyrion looks appalled and says something like, "You can't be serious."

The only plots I can think of that he could be referring to are the Purple Wedding and the Red Wedding, and this bothers me a lot because any discussion of either plot ahead of time would ruin the surprise of it. Ugh! What do you think?

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much yet, Julia.

The way I see it:

Spoiler:

When watching the promo I was totally convinced that Tywin was talking about the Tyrells' plans to marry Sansa off to Loras. Not for a second did I consider the Red or the Purple Wedding as an option.

I think Tyrion's "You can't be serious" is his reaction to hearing Tywin's plans of marrying Sansa off to Tyrion instead.
Tyrion knows that Sansa is scared and wary of all Lannisters, him included, and he must be well aware that the girl would never want to marry him.
So Tywin's plan must be a real shock to him as well.

I wouldn't worry yet. I really doubt that they're talking about the Red or the Purple Wedding here. The showrunners would be REALLY stupid to take theses shockers away.

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! You're so right, Karolina! I didn't even think of that! Thanks for making me feel better.

Can't wait to watch the episode tomorrow!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was certainly a low key episode but with some excellent content nevertheless.

It was great to hear Jaime's side of killing the mad king. That was the highlight of the episode. The Beric/Hound fight at the beginning was great. They really do seem to choreograph fight scenes really well and make them exciting and interesting even when I know what's coming.

Loved the scene between Gendry and Arya saying goodbye. It's weird how they tear at your heart strings even though Gendry and Hot Pie aren't characters at the forefront but they are important to Arya so you really feel that loss.

I love Shireen with Davos. Her singing Patchface's song was really cool too and eerie! Greyscale looks awesome.

LOL "You know nothing jon sn.. Oh!!" I think that's direct from the book isn't it? Loved Jon stepping up to Orell and not being so emo all the time.

Loved Grey Worm saying he preferred to keep his name because his old name was cursed. Straight from the book and translated awesome to the screen.

I imagine the audience will be pretty shocked that Tyrion is to marry Sansa but it was a flat ending for me. I expected another scene or two.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Well that was certainly a low key episode but with some excellent content nevertheless.

Yeah, I agree. The pacing was a little off and there just weren't as many good scenes. I still liked it too, though.

Quote:
It was great to hear Jaime's side of killing the mad king. That was the highlight of the episode.

I was so excited for the bathtub scene. I liked hearing Jaime's side of things, but I thought him fainting and her catching him and holding him forever was kind of weird.

Quote:
The Beric/Hound fight at the beginning was great. They really do seem to choreograph fight scenes really well and make them exciting and interesting even when I know what's coming.

I was a little disappointed in this scene. The choreography was definitely good, but it just wasn't as tense and dramatic as I'd imagined it. I thought Beric's re-birth was kind of underwhelming, too. I don't remember how it goes down in the books. I did really like the scene of him, Arya, and Thoros around the fire, though.

Quote:
Loved the scene between Gendry and Arya saying goodbye. It's weird how they tear at your heart strings even though Gendry and Hot Pie aren't characters at the forefront but they are important to Arya so you really feel that loss.

That's so true. What did Gendry say about her being his "m'lady"? Or something? I don't know what it was, but it really tugged at my heartstrings and made me really hope
Spoiler:

they cross paths again when she's older.

Quote:
I love Shireen with Davos. Her singing Patchface's song was really cool too and eerie! Greyscale looks awesome.

That was amazing and the song at the end was supremely awesome!

Spoiler:

Do you think her inclusion will mean Shireen will end up being more important in the books? Or was she just a means for softening Stannis, some, and introducing greyscale for later?

WTFF was with the fetuses in the jars in Selyse's room?! I don't recall that being in the books, and it just kind of seemed weird for the sake of being weird. It was too sci-fi and kind of pulled me out of the story a little. It just seemed unnecessary.

Quote:
LOL "You know nothing jon sn.. Oh!!" I think that's direct from the book isn't it? Loved Jon stepping up to Orell and not being so emo all the time.

LOL! I kind of wished she had talked about the Children of the Forest and all of that like she did in the books, though.

Yeah, it was great to see him standing up to Orell.

Quote:
Loved Grey Worm saying he preferred to keep his name because his old name was cursed. Straight from the book and translated awesome to the screen.

So awesome! They are really nailing the Dany scenes lately. I wasn't sure what to think of the banter between Jorah and Barristan.

Quote:
I imagine the audience will be pretty shocked that Tyrion is to marry Sansa but it was a flat ending for me. I expected another scene or two.

I was so glad that's what it ended up being. That scene was pretty awesome--I loved Cersei sitting there smirking at him the whole time because I knew she was going to have the tables turned on her pretty quick. But did Tywin want her to marry Loras in the books? I remember that he did say she'd need to re-marry, but I don't recall it being Loras that was suggested.

Other thoughts:

I really hate the way the whole Petyr/Sansa thing is playing out. It just seems so unnecessary for them to have set it up at all. I don't think the Tyrells needed that impetus to realize marrying Sansa to Loras would be a good move. I also feel that it put Petyr in an uncharacteristic position of giving up on something he wants easily. I mean--I guess it will play out where he
Spoiler:

isn't giving up because he'll sail back to get her after the Purple Wedding--but, I don't know.

It just seems like he wouldn't be like, "Oh, ok. I'm cool with that." And then just letting whatever happens happen.

Also: when he kissed her hand. Ew.

It was heartbreaking watching the Karstark/squire thing play out and they did a great job with Robb's conflict in all of that. I loved how him executing Rickard Karstark mirrored the execution of the Night's Watch deserter in the very first episode. It really brought his character full circle, sadly.

Steven and I were talking about Talisa and wondering what they will do with her.
Spoiler:

Since she's not Jeyne Westerling, she has none of the political affiliations which potentially carry Jeyne's story forward from the Red Wedding, so they will either have to kill her, reveal a political backstory/motive, or go in a different direction completely.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially in love with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
He is Jaime Lannister and his scenes with Gwendoline Christie are without any doubt some of the highlights this season!!
(On a sidenote: Wow, Gwendoline's got an amazing body!!! )

My heart totally went out to Arya in this ep. I loved how they made her look vulnerable and actually - yeah - "little" in this episode because it's easy to forget that she's still so young. I almost cried when she asked Thoros and Beric if they'd be able to bring her father back and over her "I could be your family" line to Gendry. Poor little pup

Quote:
That's so true. What did Gendry say about her being his "m'lady"? Or something? I don't know what it was, but it really tugged at my heartstrings and made me really hop.

When Arya told him that she could be his family, he replied "You wouldn't be my family. You'd be my lady."
I guess they wanted to please the Arya/Gendry shippers a bit here

And Shireen.... aww, such a sweet little thing!! Can I adopt her??
I loved her scenes with Stannis (yeah, the man does have a heart after all! <3<3) and especially the one with Davos.

Julia, I was wondering the same thing about Shireen

Spoiler:

I really hope she'll have a bigger role than in the books! I'm just worried that they might build her up to be a real fan favourite and then kill her in some ugly & dramatic way

What's up with Selyse though?
I do remember her being a bit of religious fanatic in the books, but boy, she was so creepy in the ep! It was a bit over-the-top, imo! And the fetuses, OMG!!!
Did you notice that one of the fetuses was called "Edric"??

Quote:
The choreography was definitely good, but it just wasn't as tense and dramatic as I'd imagined it. I thought Beric's re-birth was kind of underwhelming, too. I don't remember how it goes down in the books

I loved the fight itself but I, too, was disappointed with the re-birth being kind of underwhleming. Also, I was a bit upset that they had the Hound further mocking Arya and the butcher's boy after the fight. In the books, he was bawling like a babe because of his burning arm. It was such a weird, but surprising moment and I wish they hadn't taken that away. They're trying to make him look like a total a** now which isn't entirely true to his character

Ugh, I was disgusted with the Sansa/Littlecreeper scene but - Julia - I didn't believe for a second that he's willing to give up already. It was written all over his face and you could totally *see* that he was already forming a new plan in the back of his head.
As much as a despise LF, Aidan Gillen portrays him in such a wonderfully creepy and shady way.

Argh... I'm running out of time. I have to get ready for work. Will write some more later though! <3<3<3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
Spoiler:

Do you think her inclusion will mean Shireen will end up being more important in the books? Or was she just a means for softening Stannis, some, and introducing greyscale for later?

Yeah I got that sense. The child actor seems to be a real gem. So maybe they will write more scenes for her?

Quote:
WTFF was with the fetuses in the jars in Selyse's room?! I don't recall that being in the books, and it just kind of seemed weird for the sake of being weird. It was too sci-fi and kind of pulled me out of the story a little. It just seemed unnecessary.

I suppose it could be seen as rather hokey. I enjoyed it though and it helps establish both Selyse's infertility problems and sanity problems Why was it sci fi? They are kept in formaldehyde which preserves the babies.

Quote:
I was so glad that's what it ended up being. That scene was pretty awesome--I loved Cersei sitting there smirking at him the whole time because I knew she was going to have the tables turned on her pretty quick. But did Tywin want her to marry Loras in the books? I remember that he did say she'd need to re-marry, but I don't recall it being Loras that was suggested.

I have actually just read that chapter in the books so it was good timing hehe Willas is mentioned as a possible suitor. Seeing that Willas is being replaced by Loras then it makes sense. Loras in the books is a member of the Kingsguard so cannot be a potential suitor. Theon is also mentioned as a potential suitor! as is Doran Martell, the prince of Dorne.

In the books Tywin suggests he may give Cersei the pick or some say in the picking of a suitor as long as she marries someone. In the show it's Tywin's way or the highway.

Quote:
It was heartbreaking watching the Karstark/squire thing play out and they did a great job with Robb's conflict in all of that. I loved how him executing Rickard Karstark mirrored the execution of the Night's Watch deserter in the very first episode. It really brought his character full circle, sadly.

Steven and I were talking about Talisa and wondering what they will do with her.
Spoiler:

Since she's not Jeyne Westerling, she has none of the political affiliations which potentially carry Jeyne's story forward from the Red Wedding, so they will either have to kill her, reveal a political backstory/motive, or go in a different direction completely.

Spoiler:

I really wanted to avoid talking about Robb because of the RW looming but yeah the scenes were great.

I think they will kill Talisa to add to the death count. Don't think she is playing a role or involved in the conspiracy.

KajaM wrote:
Did you notice that one of the fetuses was called "Edric"??

Yeah! That was a nice shout out to the presumably dropped Edric Storm arc.

Quote:
The choreography was definitely good, but it just wasn't as tense and dramatic as I'd imagined it. I thought Beric's re-birth was kind of underwhelming, too. I don't remember how it goes down in the books

What bothered me was how his wounds were partly healed. I wanted to see gaping holes that never heal like in the book.

Quote:
Argh... I'm running out of time. I have to get ready for work. Will write some more later though! <3<3<3

Look forward to it. Chat to you later
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: