Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (Season 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I can't believe that they're already giving such a huge spoiler away (Spoiler warning for the upcoming episodes!!!)

Spoiler:

http://youtu.be/ZMsYTUg6ask

Berric vs. Sandor... and we already see Sandor slashing Berric to pieces. WTF???

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Yeah, I'm glad Tyrion and Bronn are still friends. Bronn left KL after Blackwater in the books, didn't he?

Not sure.
Spoiler:

They do seem to drift apart in the later books though. Hopefully that doesn't happen in the show.

KajaM wrote:

Is it just me or did the giant look rather silly? I imagined them to look more ugly and menacing.

I'm totally confused about that whole Harrenhal thing. It never happened like that in the books, so umm, why would Robb go there? And who killed all those people? Was it Tywin's men? I'm really confused here because, in the books,

I thought the giant looked cool. The face looked a bit fake but it was a lot better than I was expecting. It's basically an upscaled man with some cgi thrown in.

Harrenhal confused me too.. I think maybe Tywin and his men killed everyone before they left. All except for creepy Qyburn anyway o.O

KajaM wrote:
By the way, I can't believe that they're already giving such a huge spoiler away (Spoiler warning for the upcoming episodes!!!)

Spoiler:

Beric ends up being brought back to life by Thoros, so he should be alright. That's weird how they are revealing so many important scenes. I guess the regular viewer will forget about it once it comes in the episode though.

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: Eeeeeee! I am SO happy with the way the premiere went. To be honest, I thought it was a tad on the anti-climactic side, but I was so happy with the changes, I didn't care.

Polarbear wrote:
Loved all the Dany scenes. The unsullied, the manticore, Drogo, Barriston. Everything was just perfect. Although it makes me sad there was no
Spoiler:

Strong Belwas. Apparently he hasn't been cast for this season.

Yes! The manticore was AMAZING! Just what I imagined, but even scarier. I thought that was a really fantastic condensing of the scene.
Spoiler:

I was also sorry to see there was no Strong Belwas, but I imagine that is a role that will be cut since they can't cast everyone. I'm ok with that, though. As much as I like him, he's not important enough, I don't think, to get his fair share of character development in the show.

Quote:
Not really digging Tormund Giantsbane but hopefully he will grow on me. His scandinavian accent is much more pronounced than Jaime's and even that bothers me sometimes. Mance is perfectly fine.

What's weird to me is I almost feel like they inadvertently switched Tormund and Mance. Mance is much older than I pictured, and Tormund is much younger. I think if you shaved off the beard of "Tormund", he would look more like how I imagined Mance, and if "Mance" grew a beard, he'd look more as I imagined Tormund.

Quote:
Ghost saving Sam was cool but I was waiting for
Spoiler:

Sam the Slayer moment and it never came.

I was actually kind of confused about that. I think they'll do it later, though. Steven says
Spoiler:

that Sam the Slayer happened after their re-visit to Craster's, but I don't remember when it happened. I hope they don't drop that from the story.

Quote:
OMG Tyrion and Tywin scene. That was just heartbreaking. Love that it was straight out of the book. "You killed your mother." ;( So glad Tyrion and Bronn are hanging out again as I was worried they would be parted. When Cersei mentioned there were rumors about his nose being cut off that made be chuckle because of the books.

That was awful. So awful. Even worse than in the books because Peter Dinklage is AMAZING and you can just *see* the hurt in his eyes. And Charles Dance is EEEVIL but SO amazing, too. I was really fighting tears during that scene.

Quote:
Love that Margarey is being made sympathetic to viewers, not just a power hungry game player. She should be a fun character to watch.

Yeah! I am actually kind of liking that as well. Did we get any indication of that in the books? I'm having a hard time remembering much about her character except that she was generally upbeat and a little bubble-gummy but with a well-hidden manipulative streak. I was kind of worried they were going to turn her into a a re-hash of her Anne Boleyn portrayal, but I was kind of intrigued with this new side of her.
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see her granny!

Quote:
Grr Melisandre. Don't you speak to Davos like that

Ugh, she is just the worst. I was LMAO during the S2 marathon because after the shadow baby was birthed, Steven quietly muttered, "Boy did you back the wrong horse, Davos." Hahahahaha!

KajaM wrote:
Yeah, I'm glad Tyrion and Bronn are still friends. Bronn left KL after Blackwater in the books, didn't he?

Actually...
Spoiler:

he sticks around awhile because he has to kill Symon Silvertongue (if they even do that). And then after the "purple wedding", he refuses to champion Tyrion a second time and then Cersei marries him off to poor Lollys. I think the last time we see Bronn is in AFFC when he's Lord Protector of Stokeworth and Cersei tries to have him killed (fearing he's still in league with Tyrion), but he bests his attempted assailant and continues on unopposed. It'll be interesting if he shows up ever again in the books, and very interesting to see what they do differently with him in the show.

Quote:
Littlefinger is already giving me the creeps. I can't bear the thought that
Spoiler:

Sansa will be stuck with him for the next, I don't know, 2 - 3 seasons probably? Ugh!

All I could think every time Littlefinger came on screen is that now, after School of Thrones, he just seems like a parody of himself. LOL!
Spoiler:

It's interesting the way they're eschewing the Dontos storyline completely and having Peter be the one to promise rescue to Sansa. I wonder if they will still marry her off to Tyrion? Also, I think Peter's open involvement in Sansa's escape will make it obvious that he is involved in orchestrating the purple wedding, which is kind of annoying because that was kind of a big surprise when we found out later on. It does suck that Sansa will be stuck with LF for the next several seasons, at least. I really hope they find a way to dress up her storyline a little. I hope they don't push the creepy stuff with LF, though.

Quote:
Is it just me or did the giant look rather silly? I imagined them to look more ugly and menacing.

I actually liked him!

Quote:
I'm totally confused about that whole Harrenhal thing. It never happened like that in the books, so umm, why would Robb go there? And who killed all those people? Was it Tywin's men? I'm really confused here because, in the books
Spoiler:

by the time that Arya left, Harrenhal was in the hands of the Brave Companions. little later Roose Bolton, and the Brave Companions wouldn't kill northern men, would they?

Yeah, that really confused me, too. In fact, I didn't even realize that was supposed to be Harrenhal until you mentioned it. Harrenhal is only a few days from King's Landing. Granted, Riverrun is pretty far south, but Harrenhal is waaay further east. I just don't think there's any way he would have gone that far east. Also:
Spoiler:

I'm not really sure who would have killed everyone. In the show, Tywin left Harrenhal in the hands of The Mountain, and I don't recall if we've seen the Brave Companions in the show? I think the BCs would kill just about anyone, though, but I'm not sure what the intention was.

Quote:

Spoiler:

http://youtu.be/ZMsYTUg6ask

Berric vs. Sandor... and we already see Sandor slashing Berric to pieces. WTF???

Yeah, it seems like we've had a lot more trailers and promos leading up to this season than we did leading up to last season. With all the HUGE events coming up in the next couple seasons, I'm worried about how much they will give away in episode promos and new season trailers.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:

Quote:
Love that Margarey is being made sympathetic to viewers, not just a power hungry game player. She should be a fun character to watch.

Yeah! I am actually kind of liking that as well. Did we get any indication of that in the books? I'm having a hard time remembering much about her character except that she was generally upbeat and a little bubble-gummy but with a well-hidden manipulative streak. I was kind of worried they were going to turn her into a a re-hash of her Anne Boleyn portrayal, but I was kind of intrigued with this new side of her.
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see her granny!

Spoiler:

We see very little of Margarey in the books. Who knows maybe we will get a POV in future books? That would be cool. I would defintely like a Tyrell POV to get a feel for them, that's for sure.

I can't wait for the Queen of Thorns. She is going to get right under Cersei's skin lol It's going to be epic.

I also watched the Tudors hehe so yeah.. it's nice to see the actress portraying a character who has different shades to her.

Quote:
Ugh, she is just the worst. I was LMAO during the S2 marathon because after the shadow baby was birthed, Steven quietly muttered, "Boy did you back the wrong horse, Davos." Hahahahaha!

LOL Your husband sounds like he's fun to watch the show with.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-watched the ep last night... did you two notice the look on Tywin's face when he told Tyrion that Tyrion should never bring any whores to his (Tywin's / the Hand's) bed again...to which Tyrion replied that it used to be his bed back then. The look on Tywin's face was so suspicious. I wonder if it was supposed to indicate that Tywin is
Spoiler:

alrwady sleeping with Shae??

In the books we never found out when exactly he started sleeping with her. I reckon that a few weeks might've already passed on the show between 2x10 and 3x01, so ummm....

What do you two think?

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL Your husband sounds like he's fun to watch the show with.

Heehee! He is, Paul! I just wish he'd finish book five so I can speculate more with him!

Ooo, Karolina! That's an interesting theory. I think it's entirely possible. Definitely!

Tonight's episode was soooo good! I have so much to comment on, I think I'll make a list! (spoilers for S3E2 and the books...)

Spoiler:

1) Green Dream & the Reeds

Sounds like a great band name! LOL!

The green dream that mimicked the S1 scene gave me goosebumps! I'm really happy with the intro of Jojen and Meera. Interesting that Howland didn't tell them about the rebellion. I wonder if that's true in the books?

2) Theon and Ramsay

Ugh. I really had a hard time watching any of the Theon scenes. I thought the introduction of Ramsay was interesting--the whole promise of a rescue thing--was that in the books?

3) Shae & Sansa

I kind of like this more protective role that Shae is taking with Sansa in the show. Although it will make her betrayal and fate a lot more upsetting, because right now I actually like her. Her concern with Sansa is endearing, so I worry that will screw up the dynamic of her eventual fate.

4) Olenna Redwyne and Sansa

LOVED her! She's like the Dowager Countess of Westeros! I really enjoyed that scene as it stuck pretty close to what I remember from the books. Poor Sansa! Sophie did a great job of looking completely uncomfortable and scared about divulging the truth about Joffrey.

5) Cat's Jon Snow story

Hmm... that was interesting. In the books we got to see what was in her heart and mind, but all of that is lost on the show, so she just comes across as doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences. It makes people hate her for no reason. I thought that story was a great way to give some depth to her character and some justification for her actions. My mom can't stand her but after that scene I could tell her perspective changed a little.

6) The Brotherhood w/o Banners

Thoros is so different than I'd imagined but I'm ok with him. All of it went down so differently than I remembered it. I wondered why Arya didn't just run when Sandor called out "Girl!" Maybe she knew he'd tell them who she was anyway and wouldn't have much chance for escape? I was LMAO when Gendry was giving her a hard time about not picking Joffrey or Tywin as one of her three names.

7) Margaery and the Crossbow

Does anyone else think that seemed like the set-up of something HUGE? I'm pretty sure none of that was in the books. I also don't recall Joffrey going on a hunting trip? It made me wonder if they're eschewing the Purple Wedding altogether and if they're going to have Margaery kill him with the crossbow on his hunting trip? It just seemed so much like set-up: him showing her how to use the bow, the arrow going through the boar's head, her remark about the feeling of letting loose an arrow here and watching it hit over there (all while staring at him in the mirror), him asking if she could kill someone and her asking if he thought she could do it.

I would honestly be ok with it if they did it that way. I can see from a television standpoint that it might be kind of weird to have two dramatic weddings so close together. Plus, wedding scenes are so costly to do, they might have wanted to eliminate one. It would take Sansa out of the equation as far as the poison goes, of course, but that wasn't all that important to the story, I don't think. Short of it being a little bit of karmic justice, I guess. It will be interesting to see, either way.

8} Jaime and Brienne

I thought their scenes were great and stuck pretty close to the books. Their fight was pretty epic and I always love their banter. I guess they ditched the Brave Companions altogether, but I'm ok with that, too. It wouldn't make sense to bring them in at this point, so I thought it was a good change to have it be Bolton's men that found them. I wonder if they'll still have Vargo Hoat and just have him be one of Bolton's men, or if they'll find some other way to do it.

SOOO excited for next week!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia, I'll skip the spoiler tags as most GoT fans will probably have seen the ep by now... one way or another

I agree with you, it was a great episode! There were A LOT of changes from the book, but I didn't mind them. Most of them were interesting, actually. They're doing a much better job at all the changes this year than they did with S2, imo.

Quote:
Ooo, Karolina! That's an interesting theory. I think it's entirely possible. Definitely!

It is, right? I mean why else would Tyrion find Shae

Spoiler:

in Tywin's bedchamber? It's interesting that they're making this thing far more obvious on the show than GRRM did in the books. It was such a shock to me in the books when Tyrion found her in his father's bed!!

Quote:
The green dream that mimicked the S1 scene gave me goosebumps! I'm really happy with the intro of Jojen and Meera. Interesting that Howland didn't tell them about the rebellion. I wonder if that's true in the books?

I'm pleasantly surprised about the introduction of the Reeds, too. I was really worried that I wouldn't be ok with the casting choice they made for Jojen but he's really good.
I don't know about Howland Reed - he hasn't been mentioned much in the books so far, has he?

Quote:
Ugh. I really had a hard time watching any of the Theon scenes. I thought the introduction of Ramsay was interesting--the whole promise of a rescue thing--was that in the books?

No, it must've been different, I think.
Spoiler:

Ramsay pretend to be "Reek" and on Theon's side while Theon was trying to take Winterfell. By the time Theon had lost Winterfell, Bran & Rickon and was taken a prisoner he must've probably quickly figured out that "Reek" wasn't who he was pretending to be. I don't remember Ramsay trying to fool Theon into wanting to escape.

Quote:
Spoiler:

I kind of like this more protective role that Shae is taking with Sansa in the show. Although it will make her betrayal and fate a lot more upsetting, because right now I actually like her. Her concern with Sansa is endearing, so I worry that will screw up the dynamic of her eventual fate.

I agree with you: I like Shae a lot more on the show than I ever liked her in the books. Magda actually seems to be becoming a real fans of hers although you know

Spoiler:

that I tried to warn her not to warm up too much towards Shae.
I liked that she warned Sansa of LF's, though. It's good that Sansa already knows at this very early point that she's dealing with a dangerous man.

I kinda hated the discussion of Tyrion and Shae over Tyrion fancying Sansa though. UGH! I always liked the way Tyrion tried to protect Sansa in the books without lusting for her and they are totally ruining this for me!!!

Quote:
Olenna Redwyne and Sansa
LOVED her! She's like the Dowager Countess of Westeros! I really enjoyed that scene as it stuck pretty close to what I remember from the books. Poor Sansa! Sophie did a great job of looking completely uncomfortable and scared about divulging the truth about Joffrey.

Haha, OMG!
I laughed SO MUCH at your comment because that's what Magda & I said: Olenna is the Dowager Countess of Westeros!! Bless her!
And bless Sophie, too! She truly makes such a perfect Sansa! And Maisie is such a perfect Arya! I love those girls!!

Quote:
Cat's Jon Snow Story
Hmm... that was interesting. In the books we got to see what was in her heart and mind, but all of that is lost on the show, so she just comes across as doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences. It makes people hate her for no reason. I thought that story was a great way to give some depth to her character and some justification for her actions. My mom can't stand her but after that scene I could tell her perspective changed a little.

Hmm, I have mixed feelings about this scene, tbh.
I liked it - it was a nice gesture from the producers towards Cat's and Jon's troubled and complicated relationship - but it felt a bit out of character, I you know what I mean? Since, as you mentioned Julia, we never had much of an insight into Cat's thoughts and feelings on the show so far, it was a bit out of the blue, you know, such a sudden change of heart. I don't really know how to feel about it
Michelle Fairley is great though!

As for Margaery and the crossbow:
My thoughts exactly, Julia!

I, too, was wondering if it was supposed to be some kind of foreshadowing??

Then again, hmm, I don't know.
Spoiler:

The Purple Wedding has such a great impact on so many storylines - Tyrion's, Sansa's.... I don't see how they could skip it, you know?

Quote:
I wonder if they'll still have Vargo Hoat and just have him be one of Bolton's men, or if they'll find some other way to do it.

From what I've heard
Spoiler:

Vargo Hoat won't be on the show, at least not under that name. I heard that his character will be represented in one of the Bolton men though, so yeah, you might be right here.

Jaime & Brienne are all kinds of epic! I was so looking forward to seeing them again and I sure wasn't disappoint! LOVE THEM!!!

And Sandor!!! Squeee!!!
C'mon, Julia, be honest: Didn't you totally squee when the Brothers brought their prisoner in, knowing and anticipating it to be Sandor??
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
C'mon, Julia, be honest: Didn't you totally squee when the Brothers brought their prisoner in, knowing and anticipating it to be Sandor??

You'd better believe I did!

That is soooo funny, btw, that we all had the same thought about Olenna as the Dowager Countess of Westeros. LOL! If we get enough scenes with her by the end, that might be a fun vid! Hint, hint.

Glad you thought the same thing about the crossbow. I can't wait to hear Paul's thoughts on that as well.

Spoiler:

The Purple Wedding in and of itself isn't as important to everyone's storyline as Joffrey's death is, I think at least. That's why I do think they could get away with killing him another way. Tyrion could still be suspected as being involved, even if as the audience we see that it was Margaery. Sansa's involvement with the poison doesn't seem to have been vital to her story at all, though, so I think that won't matter so much. If they do kill him that way, hopefully they will draw it out a little (though not as much as with Robert). I know a lot of fans will want to see him suffer. I can't wait to see what they end up doing! I thought that it would happen at the end of the season, but things are moving so fast already, I wonder.

Then again, I just had a look at the episode titles. Don't read further if you don't want to know any title-related spoilers... I won't mind if you skip this particular part!

Again, title-related episode spoilers...

Spoiler:

Episode 9 is "The Rains of Castamere"... so we're getting the Red Wedding this season? I thought for sure it would be next season? Could they really be moving that quickly? There are a couple episodes that look like they could be the purple wedding or equivalent, but now I wonder if they will hold that off for next season? Maybe they want the boy who plays Tommen to be a little older? Hmmm... I don't know what any of this means?! They definitely seem to be going in a very different direction from the books, though. I want the season to hurry up and not hurry up both at the same time.

By the way... I hadn't even realized Shae was in Tywin's room when Tyrion found her. I thought he had just been moved to a nicer room. I wonder why he was going to Tywin's room in the first place? Gah, this show!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way... I hadn't even realized Shae was in Tywin's room when Tyrion found her. I thought he had just been moved to a nicer room. I wonder why he was going to Tywin's room in the first place? Gah, this show!

Well, I'm not really sure if it is Tywin's room but it looks a lot like the room Tyrion had when he was Hand of the King. It could be any other room that looks kinda similar... maybe Tyrion's new room, now that Tywin apparently wants to give him a new job?
I really don't know.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another enjoyable episode - third one in a row, I'm pleasantly surprised (Although I have to admit that I found this one a little bit more boring in some places than the previous two)

I thought there was some great comic relief in this one, for example when Edmure failed to hit the boat three times in a row or that scene with the Small Council getting together (I really missed Varys, btw!!!).
And how adorable was that Arya/Gendry/Hot Pie scene??? I'm gonna miss Hot Pie!!!

I'm not sure if I like Edmure being portrayed as a complete moron though. He was never portrayed that way in the books, was he?

I was also kinda disgusted about that storyline with Podrick and the whorehouse... WTF? What are they doing to my sweet and innocent pup?

Most of the other stuff was good though. I like how they're trying to make Catelyn more sympathetic for the audience this season. The Blackfish/Catelyn conversation was really wonderful. It'll make

Spoiler:

the Red Wedding even more horrible though

All the Jaime/Brienne/Bolton's men scenes were rather good and really horrifying. I was really worried for a sec that they really would rape her but I'm glad they stuck with the book's solution of Jaime saving her with his little fake story.
And Jaime!!!!

I'm actually enjoying the Dany scenes so far this scene - unlike most of S2 - and I hope we'll see that famous

Spoiler:

Dracarys!!! - scene in the next ep

I was really wondering lately if people who don't know the books would be really perplexed about how different Sandor's been ever since Blackwater - as opposed to most of S1 and S2 before Blackwater. What do you think?

There's a good comment on this on Tumblr though:

Quote:
Sansa's Sandor vs Arya's Hound

I just have to express how happy I am that we’ve had the Hound actually being the Hound the last two episodes. And I was wondering last night why, other than Blackwater, we didn’t see him portrayed this way in the first two seasons. But it occurred to me this morning that there may really have been a method to B&W’s madness. During S1 & 2 we saw Sandor through Sansa’s eyes primarily and so we were getting not the Hound so much as we were Sandor. It does make sense, now that he’s away from KL and we’re seeing him through Arya’s eyes, that he’s more the persona and not the person beneath it. I’m looking forward to seeing how that will change as the season progresses and the road trip begins.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I forgot to mention that - inspite of Edmure's idiocy - I really liked that Edmure/Robb scene because Robb is finally stepping up to what is expected from him and it was the only scene in all those three seasons so far where I was willing to accept him in the role of a potential king.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I'm not sure if I like Edmure being portrayed as a complete moron though. He was never portrayed that way in the books, was he?

He was a bit of a klutz in the books but I dunno the character portrayal bothers me too. He comes across as having a spiteful and whingy nature which seems off to what I remember from the books.

Quote:
I was also kinda disgusted about that storyline with Podrick and the whorehouse... WTF? What are they doing to my sweet and innocent pup?

It made me laugh but it was pretty unnecessary. It was nice to see some more comic relief this episode. The chair scene at the beginning was priceless and the wolf loaf

Quote:
All the Jaime/Brienne/Bolton's men scenes were rather good and really horrifying. I was really worried for a sec that they really would rape her but I'm glad they stuck with the book's solution of Jaime saving her with his little fake story.
And Jaime!!!!

I could watch a whole show about Jaime and Brienne right now and be happy. Love those two together!

Locke seems really creepy. He's going to be a great villian. Not so bothered they replaced Vargo Hoat now. The end scene was brilliantly crafted and shocking even though I knew what was coming.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall this was a good episode, though my least favorite of the three. I had a few complaints.

I did like the comic relief of the Council Room scene. It had me giggling through both viewings. I thought it was comedic genius, actually, because it was totally believable and at the same time demonstrated the fragile politics of the King's Council.

The whorehouse thing didn't bother me too much with Pod, especially looking at it as sort of bond-building between him and Tyrion. My problem with the scene was that it was executed kind of cheesily. I think it was the music and the camera work that bugged me. It cheapened the scene, I thought, and kind of pulled me out of the show. Speaking of being pulled out of the show, the rock and roll version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair kind of did the same thing for me. I liked the sort of shocking punctuation mark that it gave to how the episode ended, but it didn't feel like the end of a GoT episode.

I was also kind of disappointed with the Tully men. In addition to Edmure being a little too bumbling and tantrumy, I thought the Blackfish was a too coarse. The way he was when it was just him and Cat was more what I'd imagined.

During the scene with Talisa and the Lannister boys, my mom laughed and thought it was cute,
Spoiler:

and all I could think was "ugh". I think as readers we sometimes know too much to be able to enjoy scenes like that because we know what else is coming.

Loved Hot Pie's goodbye scene. Especially when she called back to him that the bread was good.
Spoiler:

Did we ever hear that anything happens to him? I can't remember his fate if there is one...

Oh, Karolina--I LOVED that quote about how before we were seeing Sandor through Sansa's eyes and now we're seeing him through Arya's eyes. That makes so much sense when you think about it, and I think it even applies to S1 scenes as well.

I loved that Jaime and Brienne's scenes stuck pretty close to the book.

OH!!! I know what I wanted to comment on: did either of you happen to watch the trailer for next week? WTH is the deal with the BoB?
Spoiler:

At first I thought the whole false rescue thing was going to be him chasing Theon down with the dogs. But then he false rescued him again. (I kind of thought the "you bastard!" line was kinda lame... ) And then in the trailer he is leading Theon to some castle and Theon says, "We don't need to hide from my sister's men," or something like that, and Roose says something about it not being all his sister's men. I assumed Theon was being held at Harrenhal and I don't know where else he would be taken to (though that didn't look like Harrenhal), but surely Theon won't believe his sister is holding a castle inland? Not after all the crap she gave him about taking Winterfell. I know it's far too soon to cast judgment, but I'm worried this is going to be one of those scenes/changes that make absolutely no sense.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could watch a whole show about Jaime and Brienne right now and be happy. Love those two together!

Me too, Paul!
I'm pretty sure that Jaime/Brienne and Arya/Sandor will be the best parts of S3.

Quote:
The whorehouse thing didn't bother me too much with Pod, especially looking at it as sort of bond-building between him and Tyrion. My problem with the scene was that it was executed kind of cheesily. I think it was the music and the camera work that bugged me. It cheapened the scene, I thought, and kind of pulled me out of the show. Speaking of being pulled out of the show, the rock and roll version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair kind of did the same thing for me. I liked the sort of shocking punctuation mark that it gave to how the episode ended, but it didn't feel like the end of a GoT episode.

I'll have to re-watch the Podrick scene with regards to the techniques, Julia, but I totally agree with you about the song. I was like "What in Seven Hells??"
The Rains of Castamere fitted perfectly well with the ending of the Blackwater episode last season, but this version of The Bear &.... seemed like out of a completely different universe

Quote:
Spoiler:

and all I could think was "ugh". I think as readers we sometimes know too much to be able to enjoy scenes like that because we know what else is coming.

Yeah, I totally agree. I wince and flinch everytime Magda says something positive about Cat, for example.... or Shae!! Shae is one of her favourite characters and she will probably
Spoiler:

be really shocked when she finds out about Shae/Tywin.

Same goes for the Red Wedding. She was devastated when they killed Ned in S1 and I can only imagine what her reaction will be like during the RW

Quote:
Spoiler:

Did we ever hear that anything happens to him? I can't remember his fate if there is one...

Spoiler:

No, we didn't, I think. He's pretty much gone after parting ways with Gendry and Arya. I hope we'll see him again someday though. He's so funny and adorable!

Julia, I've been wondering about the BoB, too. So far, it seemed like he was simply
Spoiler:

having a little laugh at Theon's cost by pretending to be helping him... but that whole thing with Asha is confusing the hell out of me. I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Speaking of "confusing the hell out of me":
What is up with that whole Harrenhal storyline?? It just doesn't make ANY sense to me anymore!
So in S2, Harrenhal was in Tywin's hands... and now it's suddenly in Bolton's hands? How does that make sense.... because it would imply that Bolton's men killed all those Northeners. That doesn't make any sense at that point, does it? It wasn't until

Spoiler:

the Red Wedding that Bolton betrayed the Starks. Or do you think he's already working for the Lannisters?

Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Quote:
Or do you think he's already working for the Lannisters?

Good point, Karolina! Maybe so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: