Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Running Away" by Uruviel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: "Running Away" by Uruviel Reply with quote

"Running Away" 07-10-2005
A Jack/Kate vid, from Jacks POV about how Kate was Born to Run.
Song: Running Away by Hoobastank
Vidder: Uruviel
Length: 3:02 (8.07 MB WMV)

Link: http://www.theargonath.cc/lost/mv/runningaway-uruviel.wmv

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel, do you want my honest opinion..?

The Perfect Video.

Absolutely amazing choice of song, and even more than that, it was done EXCELLENTLY. The clips seemed to flow into the spots like they were placed by God's hand (aka J.J.) and what's more it ALSO fit everything to the beat without showing random scenes in every clip
Absolutely beautiful. Could I get the full version or something? I fear that people might not watch this one because of the less-than-perfect quality of the video (sorry I have to gripe about that again, but this vid deserves better! LOL)
Please, more people watch this. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Uruviel, do you want my honest opinion..?

The Perfect Video.

Absolutely amazing choice of song, and even more than that, it was done EXCELLENTLY. The clips seemed to flow into the spots like they were placed by God's hand (aka J.J.) and what's more it ALSO fit everything to the beat without showing random scenes in every clip
Absolutely beautiful. Could I get the full version or something? I fear that people might not watch this one because of the less-than-perfect quality of the video (sorry I have to gripe about that again, but this vid deserves better! LOL)
Please, more people watch this. Thank you.

Thanks so much Hobbes!!! Glad ya like it so much!!!

OMG you scared me for a minute there, I thought your "honest opinion" was that you hated it or something. About the quality, the sound is ok isn't it?? LOL I hope so! The picture quality is outta my hands though, my vid card sucks, my computer won't handle full episodes, and for some reason my VCR just doesn't record very well.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoped I'd scare you LOL Compliments are so much better when you're expecting a not-so-compliment
Forgot about the VCR thing >.< maybe you could download your episodes, and get a new video card...? heeheehee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I hoped I'd scare you LOL Compliments are so much better when you're expecting a not-so-compliment
Forgot about the VCR thing >.< maybe you could download your episodes, and get a new video card...? heeheehee

hehe, exactly!!

I'd LOVE a new vid card, I just need the $$$! And I'm trying to get my dad to get me a new editing program for my bday, cause the one I have now doesn't work with whole episodes.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this was brilliant... loved the song choice, loved the clips and loved the topic

really well done.. Uruviel, I'm loving your vids more and more each time with every one
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fallen_angel!
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was soo good! the song fit really well, esp. with the clips you used! nice job!
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, the awesomeness of this video makes me all tingly!

*tingles*

Like really potent mouthwash! In a good way!

*tingly tingles*

Allllll righty then, this was just about the ultimate it's-not-pessimistic-it's-realistic Jate video of all time. Seriously. All that angst, and not a single drop of it manufactued (because really angsty C/C videos are just ridiculous!!).

Time for... *da da da!* Style Points (tm)!! You get them for:

The absolutely perfect song choice. I had never it before, but if there was ever a song made for a 'ship, it's this one. Just... perfection on the song choice.

The really awesome clips. Seriously. The angry, storming around, crying, frustrated Jate clips, all wonderfully arranged and lovingly played out. Good use of the breathe-dammit-Charlie scene, on the line that went something like: "don't tell me everything's all right." And for some reason, when Kate turned away on the line "you turn away," it was just even more perfect that it sounds. I mean obviously, yeah, you want her to turn away on that line, but for some reason the specific clip you chose fit really well. The looks on both their faces just felt right.

The shatter effect. Although it gets to be a little omnipresent, it just fits the motif of the video so perfectly that I like it. Angst! *shatter!*

Ooo, good storytelling. Really great storytelling. You didn't make any scenes from Kate's point of view, just kept it strictly Jack. And you captured his frustration heart-breakingly well. Good, good stuff.

* * * * --- four out of four stars.

Good luck in the Tournament.

___blind.filmmaker
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, thank ya SOOO much blind.filmmaker! I totally love feedback like this!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the attention to the beat. It gave a lot of energy to what's actually a pretty angsty vid.

Really nice clip choices. It can be so frustrating sometimes when you're trying to put a vid together and you have a shot of somebody doing what you want them to do but their expression is totally wrong for the emotion that's supposed to be coming across. You really put together a great series of clips that worked both literally but, most importantly, they worked emotionally. Everything made perfect sense!

"Why are you running away?" Every time the line came up in the lyrics, it struck me as a perfect observation for Jack to be making about Kate. Just so excellent!

A very nicely put together vid that I enjoyed a lot!

~Aislynn
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you so much, Aislynn!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video! I had forgotten how much I loved this song until I just heard it again. It fits Jack and Kate perfectly and the editing was wonderful (I especially loved the fading in the beginning)!
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it. Fitted perfectly with the song and is watchable over and over!

~*As days go by, my heart grows cold... so take me, and let me in...don't break me, and shut me out...*~
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yall!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: