Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dominic Monaghan Says Matthew Fox Beats Women Frequently
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Dominic Monaghan Says Matthew Fox Beats Women Frequently Reply with quote

Dom was answering fan's questions on twitter and gave the following response when one fan asked if he could convince Matthew Fox to get a twitter account:

When another fan reponded to the comments saying fox should sue him for defamation, he repsponded saying he can't get sued for speaking the truth.

Wow, I imagine Dom would need to be pretty sure of what he was saying before saying it on twitter. Shit just got real.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, what the hell?!?!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom came off as a bit of a douche there.

I have to say that I am probably bias but I don't believe him. I think if Matthew had more situations of 'beating women' most likely women that he hit would have come out during the bus driver incident.

I kind of wonder if he meant for it to be funny and someone took it the wrong way. I don't think it was smart of him.

Celebs get just as classless as fans do on twitter I've learned.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard whispers about him apparently beating up an ex on a plane or something, amongst other people saying that they just got bad vibes from him (I was never a big fan either tbh) but seeing someone who knows him call him out is pretty big. And unexpected.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Fox beat up an ex on a plane? Would have to have been an old ex since he's been married for like 20 some odd years.

But I don't know if I can believe someone who fights with fans on twitter.

@EaudAlice You slag me off and then think I'll let you follow me?Fuck off loser.go hate elsewhere. Idiot face." - Dominic Monaghan

Talk about classy.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hate when grown people get in fights on twitter. It's just so...sad.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, it was whispers, I can't even remember where I read it. But fromt he story yes it was an old ex ( i assumed so, anyway!)

I'm not saying he did it, but surely you must think that Dom isn't stupid enough to go out there and say such a horrific lie that could potentially cost him a lot of money and tarnish his reputation (as well as Fox's) if it weren't really true?

Domestic violence is to this day still kept quiet and rarely reported. It's not as simple as saying that people would have came forward with their stories during a previous accusation. People who have been the victims of violence are not likely to come out and admit what has happened.

Celebs are people too, regardless of their fame. If someone is being a dickhead to them, then they should be able to reponde to them the way anyone else would. Getting into an altercation whilst (apparently) drunk (regardless of whether he struck her or not) with a bus driver and being arrested for suspected DUI could be deemed classless too....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I first thought Dom was just joking. But also I never thought of them as friends anyway; so the girl to ask if he'd convince Fox to get a twitter account came out of nowhere.

I just think it's a really sticky situation.

I don't think anyone should get in a fight on twitter. People have been rude to me on twitter and I just block them; fighting with them isn't going to help me at all.

It is classless and stupid. At first I believed the girl; that he hit her but she changed her story in every interview and ended up hounding that Paprazzi site with her story. So I think that was really fishy. And I think if it wasn't true he wouldn't have countered sued her. I think there's a lot more to that story.

Again I just think it's a sticky situation.

Your Gif keeps making me want to ask if you saw the finale of GG.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but at the same time. If someone is being an arse, people shouldn't be called out for responding. If someone was being rude to me on twitter, I'd tell them to fuck off too.

Like I said, regardless of whether he actually hit or not, it was also classless to be in the siuation. There was still an incident that happened due to him (reportedly) being drunk that shouldn't have happened. To say Dom is lacking in class for some silly tweets compared to the stupid situations Fox has got into seems futile.

You have to admit, Fox does little to help improve his own repuation. He has been accused of numerous things whether it being violent or drink-related, and I struggle to believe he completely, 100% innocent amongst all of it. There's only so much you can defend someone when there's a constantly stream of bad news coming out about them. You know the saying, there's no smoke without fire....

I mean, I don't want to sound like I'm saying he's guilty of all of this, but the odds seem to get stacked against him more and more.

(ugh don't even ask about that finale, it was so awful! I can't even begin! I really need to change my av/sig to something non-dair, it just makes me sad seeing it!)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't enjoy confrontation at all; that's why. Not face to face; it's harder for me. I am VERY apologetic even if i'ts not me who needs to be doing the apologizing.

Yeah I agree he doesn't help his case at all.

But no I think Fox can be a total douche too. He comes off that way a lot. But I just think it's just a weird situation.

To be honest I've only heard of a few things. The DUI; and then the weird thing with the bus driver; which I have to say I think she's got more of a hand in that. I don't think he just came up to her and started to beat her up. I'm not saying he didn't do anything; I did believe her; I was like "Oh shit Fox what'd you do?" But then with every interview she gave her injuries became worse and she continued to change how he reacted; and I just had a hard time believing her.

The DUI no he did that. No way to say he wasn't there.

That finale was such a joke. And I agree about the gif...it breaks my heart.

I did see Ed Westwick in a movie called Chalet Girl; it was cute.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes!! I hope that isn't true but if it is maybe that's why he made such a good psycho/beater in my Lost AUS! I just always wanted to go to him and not Sawyer for the crazy wife beater storylines in my vids.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always kind of felt like Matthew Fox wasn't the nicest man. I know a lot of people appreciate his acting and like his character but I've never felt like Fox himself was friendly.

I certainly can't claim that I KNOW Dominic but I have been a fan of his since I was about twelve years old, and while he is a jokester, I don't really think he'd joke about something like this. He sounded pretty serious, and I never have gotten the vibe that he and Matthew got along. I also REALLY don't think he'd post something like that if he wasn't very sure. Domestic abuse is a really serious problem and it makes sense that Dominic would be angry if it is true, and I find it commendable that he's not defending it, and clearly wants nothing to do with Fox because of it.

I get what you're saying about not fighting on twitter, Brooke, and while I agree that it's best to just ignore it, Dom's only human, and it's perfectly within his rights to defend himself. We shouldn't chastise him for that. He was pretty polite when he initially responded to her question about Fox. He was doing a Q&A with his fans, so he responded to her. A lot of celebs don't talk to their fans on twitter at all.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Yikes!! I hope that isn't true but if it is maybe that's why he made such a good psycho/beater in my Lost AUS! I just always wanted to go to him and not Sawyer for the crazy wife beater storylines in my vids.

A good stalker too; I almost made him a stalker once.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@EaudAlice You slag me off and then think I'll let you follow me?Fuck off loser.go hate elsewhere. Idiot face." - Dominic Monaghan

Talk about classy.

Yikes! Maybe this is why Evi broke up with him!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered why they did break up.

And if Fox did beat up women like Dom suggested he did; I'd find it hard to believe that Evi would have put up with that; she doesn't come off as someone who puts up with much; because they seemed to be pretty close off camera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: