Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson" by eloramoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: "Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson" by eloramoo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson" 05-26-2012
May 2012 contest submission - Sybil & Branson from Downton Abbey
Fandom: Downton Abbey
Song: Awake My Soul by Mumford & Sons
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 2:50 (49.27MB WMV)

Link(s): http://youtu.be/Q66A7rZ5khI
http://www.sendspace.com/file/80k3ra

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

First- AMAZING SONG... I love the clips where you have the " when you invest your love, you invest your life" WOW!!! I love 1:33 the clips and edits were so amazing Julia!!!!!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a tv show or a movie? It looks really good! I like period dramas
The song was amazing and the video flowed well with the combination of audio clips and non audio. I really liked that scene at 1:20. It was sweet. <3 They seem like an epic couple.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Nikki and Nikki! <3 <3 <3

Quote:
First- AMAZING SONG...

Thank you! I was soooo happy when I found it. I knew I wanted something that had sort of a timeless sound to it and when I found this and heard the lyrics I almost fell over. "Where you invest your love, you invest your life" could not have been more perfect for them, because it was a really big "investment" for them both since it was such a forbidden romance.

Quote:
Is this a tv show or a movie? It looks really good! I like period dramas

It's a TV show. Both seasons are out on DVD and season three will start in the UK in October and in the US in January. I can't wait! You should definitely check it out. It is sooooo good! <3

Quote:
They seem like an epic couple.

They really are! There are some other really awesome couples, too, and just great characters in general. I love it so much!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, Julia, that was so wonderful!!! I was looking forward to your vid, especially since you told me that you'd be using a song by Mumford & Sons! <3<3<3

The song worked amazingly well for that couple and the editing was brilliant! Great work on the audio!! (And you know how much I hate audio editing myself so kudos to you!!)

I've been interested in watching Downtown Abbey for a while now but I never really got around to do it. Now I really HAVE to see it because - ZOMG!!! - that guy is SO cute and adorable!!!
And they seem like a really great couple! I have such a soft spot for those highborn lady/humble servant type of stories, so that might just be my cup of tea!!

Beautiful vid!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thank you, Karolina!!! <3 <3 <3 Oh, yes, I think you would loooove Downton! Their story is so awesome and there are some other good couples, too. So many great characters and plot twists. I can't wait to see your vid, too!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

Lovely vid, Julia! I really liked your clip and audio choices. You did a fantastic job of telling this couple's story. Loved the beat use around 1:32.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

That was great, Julia! I like how it was edited with the audio, so well done.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

SQUEEE!! *flailing arms* Julia, that was perfection!! You summed up their relationship so wonderfully! I loved your use of audio, it really helped to tell the story and express how epic they are! I loved how the vid built up with the music too, awesome editing!! Amazing work hun!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that was stunning Julia!!! Such a cute couple!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watching.... and I love it even more now that I'm familiar with the show. The fast part from the middle onwards is SO GOOD! Well done on the quotes and on showing how great and dynamic their relationship is. It went along so well with the music.

Oh, and by the way:
Downton + Mumford = WIN!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Karolina! (((HUGE HUGS))) <3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Awake My Soul || Sybil & Branson by eloramoon Reply with quote

As a person who's not seen it (I know I need to, it's NEVER available at the place I rent from) I loved it, the vid really made me wnat to watch this show. I loved the coloring; so fresh and blooming. I thought you chose a great song to go along with the clips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms A – G All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: