Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Too Much, Too Little, Too Late (Sherlock)" by the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late (Sherlock)" by the Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Too Much, Too Little, Too Late" 05-14-2012
May 2012 contest submission. Contains spoilers for BBCs Sherlock through Season 2 (one week ahead of the US's current point, through "The Reichenbach Fall".) Somewhat shippy -- but canonically so!
Fandom: Sherlock
Song: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late by Jellyfish
Vidder: thefilmchick
Length: 3:24 (61MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTeQ8k6d4Y
https://vimeo.com/42158427

Last edited by thefilmchick on Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Too Much Too Little Too Late by thefilmchick Reply with quote

I really liked the beat use you used here; the edits were nicely done. I've not seen the show but have heard good things. I really liked the bit about a 'punch' line and then Watson hits Sherlock. I liked the coloring too.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it, Brooke, and thanks for the kind words! The show itself is great fun -- although I've spoiled at least half of this season's finale in the video. Well-acted, though, and the cinematography is pretty striking at times. I'm not a Whovian and never have been, but I like what that show's people are doing here, anyway.

The 'spare me the punchline' bit was too good not to take as a pun. I like doing that when the opportunity presents itself, haha. There are a couple of other puns in the lyrics, but that one's definitely the most obvious.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this show but I adore your coloring!! You always do a great job with interpreting the lyrics too. I'm sure if I watched the show I'd get it even more But it was still a fun watch!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Nikki, glad you enjoyed it! You should totally watch (but then you'd have to wait until Sunday or be spoiled by this, heh)...
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, so I came looking after you mentioned "your vid" in your comments on my vid and I found it.

I love how, despite so few episodes, all the Sherlock vids are so different. It says something great about the show, the way it can be interpretted in so many ways! Really different song choice here too. There were some cute little beat use moments like the *punch* line and Watson's little nod at the grave at the end there and I like your playing with the colouring!

I like your use of the flash, but I think IMO maybe it was a tad over-used to mark the beat. Maybe you could also use a few more clip changes on the beat or zooms. Zooming is fun in Vegas! I have a few vids where I went zoom nuts. Not that I'd recommend going that far!

Catch you around the boards. I'm loving this place already. It's similar to ETV, but bigger!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

Ha, it wasn't a subtle hint -- or subtle at all, really.

But thanks -- glad you approve! Yeah, flashing was frequent, but breaking up on the slower verses felt a bit too choppy, so I tried to get a happy medium. I'll have to try zooms at some point. Working with a faster song for the next vid though, so the quick cuts are easier, anyway.

I've only done my last... five? six? videos in Vegas, so it's a learning curve, anyway. And Jellyfish is a great band for only having two CDs. The song jumped out at me for the show, so...

What's ETV?
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm still on a steep learning curve with Vegas. I hardly have time to do several vids in a row, so I seem to forget half of what I learn in between vids!

Faster songs are so much easier for beat use. Though, I don't think all vids need as much beat use. It's so up to each vidder individually as to what they like. In-clip beat use is also very effective, like your punch in this vid.

[Um, sorry I'm doing that annoying throw an acronym out there and don't explain it thing. Bad Lizzie! ETV = Expanding The Verse (google it if interested). It's a similar forum to this one, because it's based on the now gone SVS (Supernatural Video Station) which was initially based on this Lost forum. I'd never been over here until recently though, because I don't vid Lost and only watched the first season. Now that this one is also multi-fandom, I'm expanding my horizons. ]
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late by thefilmchick Reply with quote

Great job! I liked your lyric use, especially the part about 'spare me the punch line'.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late by thefilmchick Reply with quote

Cool video, Kate!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late by thefilmchick Reply with quote

Great job, Kate! Nice use of the song and great lyric interpretation, too.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late by thefilmchick Reply with quote

I agree, loved your use of the song. I always enjoy vids that keep up with the beat use and lyric use was great. I don't watch the show but it was fun to watch your vid showcasing their relationship. It got me more intrigued by the show actually, I might consider watching it (I've only watched the latest ep). Great work Kate!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from London! Thanks for the kind comments, all! (Yay, Expert vidder status.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: