Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Our Story -Liv/Thirteen" by nikkimonique (Fringe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: "Our Story -Liv/Thirteen" by nikkimonique (Fringe Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Our Story -O¹³" 05-01-2012
Its love at first sight when Olivia firsts meets Thirteen but a secret Thirteen is hiding keeps her from being able to fully commit.
Fandom: Fringe/House
Song: various by various
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 6:32 (300mb mov)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://youtu.be/26pOYMdfjps

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo that was so awesome nik!! I am still dumbfounded that it look this long to realize you need to vid these two together!! I loved the 'love the way you lie' instrumental at the start

ALl those Liv/13 convos worked so well!! I loved the one where she said "i dont fit into your life", and when she yelled at Liv's gf to stay away. And i love how you had 13 say she was gonna go back to school, and then she was in med school

I loved that it was an overview of their whole relationship, and being together and not being together but finding their way back to each other, Man the end was so sad! was not expecting that at all!

awesome job love!xxx

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Nikki, you're such a great storyteller! That was so beautiful, so sad, so devastating! I also really liked the songs you chose here. The instrumental version of "I love the way..." was really great & powerful for the beginning of the story, followed by a rather quiet and haunting piece (what's the name of the song & the artist, btw??).

Excellent work!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karolina! I used 4 different songs the second song was Skylar Greys version of love the way you lie then the other song was called "All Waters by Perfume Genius." I don't know if you watch Private Practice but that song played during the Greys/PP crossover ep this season! and then the last song was called a Last meeting by Bliss.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS...how did you watch this b/c when I uploaded it to Youtube it said it was blocked in Germany.

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to convert & download it through ZamZar. I have to do so with almost half of the vids we get these days because SO MANY vids are blocked over here
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least it lets you do that. That sucks though that everything is blocked for you. It seems like most vids I upload say its blocked in Germany

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because the GEMA - which is like a performing right society? - is still arguing with Google & YT about copyrights and stuff. Until they haven't reached an agreement we won't be able to watch tons of vids if the artist is represented by GEMA. It's so annoying!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Our Story -Liv/Thirteen by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Oh my my my Nikki! I love this. I felt so bad for Liv at the beg. "you got the wrong idea" and then the who "im still stuck" WOW! I also loved the cominded versions of the song! I think it really added to the drama of the whole story!!! I love how much depth your storys have and how connected I know I get to each story! Very well done my dear! VERY WELL DONE!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nikki....its awesome that you say you feel connected to the story. I'm always hoping that my viewers will really feel for my characters and their story.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Our Story -Liv/Thirteen by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I'd have never of thought these two would have looked good together; but you proved me wrong. I thought the manips were really well done. I loved that the audio just...fits. I can never find that; sometimes I just don't make them say anything in AU characters. But this story was really amazing. Great job, Nikki. Aww...heartbreaking.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are very Hot couple right?! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!! I was so excited about all the audio that I found it was perfect!!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WAS perfect. Nothing better then finding that perfect audio.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Our Story -Liv/Thirteen by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was SO good, Nikki!! I absolutely LOVE how you use audio, all the conversations were so believable and nothing seemed out of place. Your manips were fantastic! I loved the scene where she saw Olivia and that guy through the window. And then the conversation they had after that, where she responded "It wasn't reasonable and it wasn't logical, but I did it". It was perfect! The ending was so tragic too, but kinda beautiful at the same time, if you get what I mean Amazing job!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww Thanks Emma! Those were some of my very fav manips that you mentioned! I'm happy you enjoyed them!!
PS do you watch Fringe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: