Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thought & Prayers Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Thought & Prayers Needed Reply with quote

Hey guys, for anyone who doesn't know parts of the Midwest and southwestern united states was ravaged by tornadoes today.

The most damage occurred by a line of super-cell thunderstorms that barreled through southern Indiana and northern Kentucky today around 2:30 pm. The threat lasted two full hours with many of the same areas getting hit.

A tornado touched down about ten minutes outside of my hometown, and destroyed that town completely.

The death toll is currently at 12, and is expected to rise as many people are still missing. Three towns have been completely destroyed, while others have major damage.

So if you guys could, just keep these people in your thoughts and prayers. Also, the American Red Cross is taking donations of money to help those who need it.

Just make sure that you check "Disaster Relief"

https://american.redcross.org/site/SPageServer?s_subsrc=RCO_NewsArticle&pagename=ntld_main&s_src=RSG000000000
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'm so sorry to hear that, Tammy! Stay safe!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My street was hit by a tornado on Wednesday. But it didn't hit me; it destroyed a few houses/garages. I live in those parts.

Luckily today we were missed completely but we were supposed to be hit by it.

I'll tell you what; I WELCOME snow over these tornadoes. Snow's not going to blow my home over. I'd honestly feel differently about everything if I didn't have animals. It was supposed to hit us around 2...but it never came. We got a few scattered showers.

I think the death toll now is at 15, sadly.

I heard of that town...it's just terrible.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's so horrible. It was so scary, and it hit so close to home ya know.

Oh yeah, I saw all the news coverage on the wed storms. They were supposed to track a little further north, but ended up staying more south.

I HATE snow-- I am such a snow Grinch, but I agree. I would take snow over something as destructive as a tornado.

You never really know how destructive that they can be until they hit your neighborhood, and harm people that you know./care about.

Thanks Jemma. Luckily it's all over now, but we're supposed to have some more bad storms next week, hopefully nothing this caliber though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tornadoes FREAK me out. Especially after the one that happened back in 05.

I was subbing today and we had to sit in the hallway with 6,7, and 8th graders for 2 hours. Luckily we were dismissed at our regular time.

I like snow but not dangerous snow. But yeah I'd rather have snow compared to tornadoes.

And I agree; you don't know how bad they can be. I remember back in 05 the place around my grandma's nursing home was destroyed and it missed her nursing home. It was one of those miraculous things...it jumped over her nursing home and only hit a window that had no residents inside.

I don't want anymore storms. But I'm thinking about putting together a bag with water and thigns and putting it in my bathroom (That's the safest place where I live).
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most of the schools around here either released students a couple of hours early or held them until the storms passed by.

I am so tired of all these devastating storms. I just want it to be over, but I'm really afraid that this is just the beginning. Storm season hasn't even really started yet :-/
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So scary! I hope everyone stays safe during this unusually stormy season.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season has been very unusual indeed Heather. Now they're calling for snow on Sunday.

Here's hoping that all the storminess gets out of the way now, and we won't have to worry about it later :-/
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very scary!!!

Stay safe, everyone!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting this unusual weather do to the warmer weather we've been having.

I heard about the snow. But to be honest I always thought the Midwest was going to get a winter...it's just going to be late.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're going to have an official winter, I just think it'll be a sporadic thing. I mean it's supposed to be 40's and 30's this weekend, and 70's again by next thursday when more storms come through.

It's getting ridiculous, and my stupid allergies can't handle this extreme change in weather, LOL. As it is, I sneeze so much and my eyes are constantly dry. It's rather annoying.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I like winter. I want at least one healthy snow... Which I don't think we'll get.

I hate the weather changes too. It's so bad on my allergies as well.

I perfer being cold to hot. I can put more clothes on when I'm cold but I can't take them off. It's not allowed here!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: