Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veronica Mars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Veronica Mars Reply with quote

I know the show is canceled but a rewatched season 1 and just HAD to talk about it. And I know a few of you like this show.

And after doing my season 1 rewatch; I still don't care for Lily Kane. I mean...I realize a lot of the 09er kids have a lot of problems but Lily's hatred towards her parents because she thought they preferred Duncan over her; so instead of trying to get her parent’s approval (especially her mother’s) she decided to be and do everything they didn’t approve of. She made poor decisions and really didn't care about who she hurt only to get back at her parents; I thought she was the most selfish character on the show. We’re lead to believe that Madison Sinclair was ‘bad’ as well as Paris Hilton’s character; I forgot her name but I thought Lily was just as bad as those girls.

I just wasn't a fan of Lily; I felt bad for her but in the end she was her own worst enemy and the reason she died.

I think season 1 was the best of all three seasons. Great build ups, character developments; and overall writing.

I just had to get that off my chest. Though I think Logan had problems I think he and Eli were nothing but great to Lily; and she hurt them both. In ways I don’t think she cared about.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Veronica Mars.

I totally agree with you about Lily. I found it hard to sympathise with her in the flashbacks. Veronica always thought fondly of her but she always seemed selfish and bitchy. I didn't like her at all I can't even understand why Veronica was friends with her. She was the total opposite to Lily.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with you, Jemma. I was surprised how adored Lily was by her 'friends' especially Veronica. I mean I felt sorry she was killed; but if she had made better decisions she'd still be alive.

Yeah even the 'New' Veronica seemed a lot different then Lily.

I too loved VM and every once and a while I do a re-watch.

My favorite episode is the dog episode. I felt SO sorry for that girl because of those horrible people; but I was glad she got her dog back. And another fave of mine is the one where Veronica goes up against the Triton's and sings. She's got a kick ass voice.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I loved Veronica Mars! And I totally agree about Lily as well. I couldn't figure out why we were supposed to love her so much. I mean, it was certainly terrible what happened to her but she just really didn't seem like a very nice person.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED Veronica Mars. Her humor is my favorite thing about the show. I think Kristen Bell is really talented and I can't wait to see what else she does.

Agreed with Lilly; she really didn't; all of her flashbacks she bothered me; and even in her 'ghostlike presence' she came off as selfish too.

But oddly enough I felt like season 1 was the strongest season. I never watched it; I ended up renting seasons 1 and 2; and then watching season 3 on TV.

Though I loved Veronica Mars; their pitch for season 4; I wasn't sold on it. And it mostly had to do with the fact that it seemed they were going to get rid of majority of the cast; and though Veronica is the show; the supporting cast were just that; they were great support. They all worked together so well.

And I've seen quotes that Kristen would like there to be a movie. I'd watch that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: