Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lost-media forum gone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: lost-media forum gone Reply with quote

Did anyone go there? I was a member for years and even though I wasn't as active towards the end of lost, I still went there to see what's new only to find out its gone. The main site still works it looks like, but the forum isn't there. I had lots of my artwork and stories posted there that I wanted to re-save after my desktop crashed a while ago. If anyone went there, and if it is actually gone, did anyone get an email at all saying it was getting closed?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started getting a LOT of spam PMs there and I was going to report it but it seemed like the forum had been abandoned by that time and was completely overrun by spam posts (the bad kind, I should mention, not our awesome Spam sort ). What a shame, they used to really be a big, thriving community.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still bummed that it's gone. I really do miss it, i loved reading the posts, re-read my stories i had on it and other things too. I wish it would be brought back online. :/

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED that website but hose moderators let that forum go to hell. It had to be closed down because it was clear the moderators stopped showing up. I got endless spam messages and the forums got raided with spam; especially the part I went to. It was ridiculous.

Had the moderators done more I don't think it would have been effected the way it had been; but they just stopped caring. Friends I met through there and I would constantly email the moderators and get nothing done.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I stopped going there after a while because of the spam I got in the PMs and the fact that most of the sections were being less watched and people started to get a 'tude. I lurked more toward the end. Thankfully I copied all of my stories before the site closed... though, it would have been nice to re-read the replies I got from them, ya know look back and be like "oh yeah! I remember they liked that part" ect.

Honestly, if I had been able to, I would have gladly taken over the forum for them and kept it going, if asked. I've ran a few forums in the past, so I know my ins and outs of things.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really disappointed with the moderators I think A LOT of people would have taken over; but they didn't say a word to anyone; just let it fall to pieces and there were still people who would visit daily when they abandoned ship.

I lost contact with a lot of great people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: