Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shows to watch this season (new and returns)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Shows to watch this season (new and returns) Reply with quote

I posted in the new shows thread and thought it would be cool to see what everyone will be watching this season new and old.

I plan on watching the following shows.

Lost: well this one really is a no brainer as to why...lol.

Alias: Anyone that saw the season finale has to come back for this season. Not to mention I watched "The Inside" this summer and Rachel Nichols from that shows is joining the Alias cast plus they are adding a new guy (which from what I hear is good looking...lol) and I look forward to seeing a whole new generation kind of be explored this season with Garner pregnant. Not to mention they really built up everything last season.

Battlestar Galactica: Okay, if you haven't seen this one yet then go out and by the Season One DVD set because I promise you that you will not regret it. Very possible the best space drama EVER. I hate that it's going to be gone until Winter. Oh well plenty of other things to watch and it'll give me a chance to rewatch the entire first season on DVD (well maybe if I ever get free time this semester ).

Stargate SG-1: I got addicted to this one not this summer but the previous summer and watched every season leading up to Season 8 on DVD. Needless to say I had no life that summer...lol. But this is another one you should pick up on DVD and get caught up on if you haven't seen it yet. Definitely an amazing show. And they added Lexa Doig (real life wife to Michael Shanks) from Andromeda, Ben Broweder who is not only a good actor but good to look at...lol, and they also brought in Beau Bridges. I mean come on people go buy the DVD's if you have to get caught up this is another one you won't regret.

Gilmore Girls: Okay I refused to watch this show for several years but every summer I try and pick up a series on DVD just to give it a shot and this season this was the one. I got addicted right away and before the summer was over I had bought all three DVD sets and bummed copies of Season 4 and 5 from friends to get caught up on the show for Season 6. Another show that I'm really looking forward to this year.

Charmed: Well, I went through a phase where I was protesting the WB but this summer I came back to it. I couldn't stand Shannon Doherty but as soon as they killed her off I loved the show then I got to busy to watch it anymore. But last year I got caught up and am really looking forward to how they are going to recover for the series finale like episode they ended this previous season with.

One Tree Hill: Like I satated above I protested the WB for a while so I never got into this one. But one day when I picked up a Gimore Girls DVD set I thought I'd give this one a shot and got addicted. And I just got Season 2 and have already watched through all of it. I can't wait for this one to premiere. Looks like my protest of the WB is over (for now anyway) until they manage to piss me off again in which case I'll wait for all these shows to hit DVD...lol.

Survivor Guatemala: see my rant in the new shows topic.

Grey's Anatomy: Went into it expecting to hate but I fell in love with it. It returns on Sunday.

Invasion: I'll give it a chance for a while.

Threshold: Amazing show and I think I'm already addicted to it.

Commander in Chief: Just saw a promo for this one and I forgot to add it to my list in the other topic but this is definitely one that I thin kcould be a winner. I never liked West Wing but something tells me this one will be much better.

And after typing this list I just realized how many of these I am going to be taping...lol. Stupid crazy school schedule this semester. I also realized how much I need to find a good comedy series to off set all these dramas.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net

Last edited by lostcalier on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Shows to watch this season (new and returns) Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
I also realized how much I need to find a good comedy series to off set all these dramas.

If you havn't seen them then you MUST get Season 1 and 2 of The Office on DVD! It's so fresh and funny compared to all the animated comedy (South Park, Family Guy). Plus it's british. Not that animated comedy isn't funny, but at times it wears thin.

but don't even get me started with the horrible american version of The Office. *shivers*
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Shows to watch this season (new and returns) Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
If you havn't seen them then you MUST get Season 1 and 2 of The Office on DVD! It's so fresh and funny compared to all the animated comedy (South Park, Family Guy). Plus it's british. Not that animated comedy isn't funny, but at times it wears thin.

I keep hearing that "The Office" (the british version ) is great so I'll definitely have to check this one out.

I forgot to mention that I've been instructed ot watch Veronica Mars so as soon as it hits DVD here in a few weeks I'll watch that and try and remember to tape all the episodes prior to that so I can stay caught up once I get through Season One. You'd think with all this TV watching that I have no life but I really do...lol. This is all made possible my the wonderful invention of recordable devices and weekends to get caught up with shows from the week. Gotta love modern technology.

www.lostvideo.net
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my list:

Returning shows:

- Lost (of course)

- Veronica Mars (*heart* this show)

- Grey's Anatomy (woot, season premiere on Sunday!)

- CSI (Las Vegas) (this one isn't a must-see but I'll watch it when I remember it's on)

- Simpsons (it's starting to go REALLY downhill though)

- Family Guy (even better than it's first run!)

- American Dad (not my favorite, but my boyfriend loves it and it's on after Family Guy--so I guess I'm watching it, LOL)

- The 4400 (just downloaded season 1 and season 2 is running on a local station--I think season 2 is already done on the USA network but it'll be new to me!)

- Dead Like Me (I've seen a few eps of this and it's running in it's entirety on a Canadian channel now so I can catch the series--even though I know it's cancelled)

- Amazing Race (I'll watch it for now, it may end up boring me though)

- That 70's Show (I'm really not sure how much I'm going to watch this one now that they've removed Eric, who was my favorite character--they should have just let this show die in it's prime rather than let it fizzle out like it is)

- The L-Word (I don't have a clue when the next season is going to air, but I wish they'd get on with it! This show is awesome!)

- X-Files (yes, I know this show is cancelled but it's my all time favorite TV show and they've just started rerunning the eps every weekday at 10 from the 1st season on! *geeks out*)

New Shows:

- The War at Home (it's on between Simpsons and Family Guy--laziness dictates that I'll probably watch it)

- How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris' character is HILARIOUS! And Alyson Hannigan is adorable, as always!)

- Kitchen Confidential (might watch, might not, I'll decide after watching a few more eps. I'm cautiously optimistic.)

- Prison Break (AWESOME show, very suspenseful (plus, the main character is great eye candy!--I just downloaded the first 5 eps, is it going to be a mini-series? Or just 1 season? I can't see how they could possibly make it more than one season without being ridiculous)

- Bones (forgot to mention this one in my other post--it's pretty lame, but for some reason I want to watch it. I wouldn't be surprised if I gave up on it after a few more episodes, however. The technology they use in the show is completely ridiculous and they're trying way too hard for a Mulder/Scully dynamic with the two leads)

- Supernatural (oh how I'm loving this show...and Dean )

- My Name is Earl (Haven't watched this one yet, but I'm downloading the 1st ep, I'm sure I'll like it!)

- Invasion (still on the fence about this one, I'll give it another few episodes to catch my interest)

- Weeds (I think this already started in the US but it's starting on a Canadian station in a few weeks and I'm sure I'll love it)

- Threshold (definitely my fave of the new shows, and unless the writers do some really boneheaded things in the next few episodes--which, somehow I doubt, I'm sticking with this one as long as it's on the air)

Wow, I have a lot of TV watching to do. I need a life. Good thing I got that DVR!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
- Supernatural (oh how I'm loving this show...and Dean )

You're not the only one Ringwench.
Harry told me that Amy Acker is quest starring on the next new episode.

Anyway here's my list:

Lost: My #1 show of course.

Veronica Mars: I Love this show too, it's so addictive.

Smallville: Been watching it since it first started airing. This is another show that I'm completey addicted to. Although alot of the storylines are kind've lame but ah well.....I still love it. Season 5 soon. W00t!

The OC: I actually just recently started watching this show this past year. Got caught up on my sisters dvds and now I never miss an episode.

8 Simple Rules: My favourite comedy show. Well actually the only comedy show I watch. Not real big into the funny shows.

Medium: I've only watched the odd episodes and from the ones I seen this is an excellent show. Thinkin about getting the DVDs when they come out so I can be caught up for season 2.

New shows:

Invasion: Hmm.....I wasn't really impressed too much with the pilot. It was kind've boring but I'll keep watching I guess.

Surface: This show was a real yawner. I actually did fall asleep watching it and I don't think I'll be continuing this one.

Supermatural: LOVE IT! The pilot was awesome, one of the most creepiest shows since The X Files. Yeah I use to watch the Files too Ringwench. I only have the first season on DVD though. They're just way too exspensive to keep getting. I was even thinkin of selling mine cause I probably won't be getting the other 8 seasons.

Reunion: I'm actually already hooked on this show. I know alot of people didn't really like it too much but I thought the storyline was excellent. Yes some of the acting on the show is a little weak but I still love it. Gonna be watching this show until the end. I wanna know which character got murdered at the reunion. lol.

Bones: I tried to get into this show but it was quite boring.

I guess thats about it. Ringwench....you do have alot of shows you watch. LOL.

Last edited by Hollywood on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:

- The L-Word (I don't have a clue when the next season is going to air, but I wish they'd get on with it! This show is awesome!)

I completely forgot to add that one to my list. I watched this one on DVD for it's first season then saw Season Two on Showtime. I do the whole DVD thing a lot...lol. The stories are great and I love shows that break the mold of what is considered "normal" and this one does that. Glad to see I'm not the only one that watches this show on our forum. I think Season Three will start sometime at the end of January or beginning of February. That seems to be the cycle Showtime is showing it in. Anyway, another great show.

www.lostvideo.net
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... i haven't heard of half of these new shows but here's my list anyway

LOST - NOV = DVD's YAY, FEB = SEASON 2 YAY

ALIAS - I kind of got a bit bored of this show after season 2, didn't help that our network moved it to a really late timeslot

GREY'S ANATOMY - love it love it love still in season 1 and loving every minute

24 - it's funny I only started watching 24 in season 2 and i still have seen season 1 yet hehe but I'm hooked into season 4 at the moment ready to watch Jack save the world again hmmm funny why are all the heroes called Jack

GILMORE GIRLS - well it doesn't get shown much here anymore but I'm still hooked and I will be buying the DVD's when we finally get 'em

THE 4400 - YAY another of my faves, i'm not much into sci-fi but I am very much into this show

MEDIUM - awesome show (and congrats to Patricia on the Emmy win) can't wait for season 2!!!

Shows I wish they would hurry up and bring to oz
My Name is Earl - do I have to explain why
Ghost Whisperer - i saw a preview for this on the net and it looked great
Veronica Mars
- I have heard so much about this show and I really wanna watch

that's all I can think of for now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: